No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Luoshang - Do you have any ideas on what might be going on with stationary vs. static skylights in my post here? https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...18#post1592618

The scene has a sky sphere but with shadows turned off - not sure why the stationary skylight version seems ok but the static version doesn't? I thought skylights were always treated as static...

Comment

Originally posted by DsyD View Post
      Hi Luoshang - Do you have any ideas on what might be going on with stationary vs. static skylights in my post here? https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...18#post1592618

The scene has a sky sphere but with shadows turned off - not sure why the stationary skylight version seems ok but the static version doesn't? I thought skylights were always treated as static...
      I have no idea about the problem my code does exactly i said, treating all stationary skylights as static

Comment

Luoshuang: Hello, do you have any info what speed upgrades official Lightmass will get? Maybe i am just blind and missed info but i have not found any solid info what exactly Ligmtmass in future gets(in layman's terms)?
        tox.chat - Skype alternative
        blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

Any idea why im getting banding on the dresser on the left and a strange circle artifact on the back wall? It isnt there when in using primary GI samples 16 and secondary Gi samples 8 but gets worse as i raise them to 32x16 and 128x64 respectively
          Last edited by dustintinkler; 03-21-2019, 05:36 PM.
          Dustin Tinkler

https://www.artstation.com/dustomatic

Comment

Originally posted by dustintinkler View Post
            Any idea why im getting banding on the dresser on the left and a strange circle artifact on the back wall? It isnt there when in using primary GI samples 16 and secondary Gi samples 8 but gets worse as i raise them to 32x16 and 128x64 respectively
            Are you using compression for lightmaps? (world setting - lightmap card, checker box of compression) Normally much better results are without compression.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

I have no idea about the problem my code does exactly i said, treating all stationary skylights as static
              Well, thatt's odd, then...I guess it must be something to do with the skysphere mesh then, behaving differently under static vs. stationary? It is set to Movable, so I would kind of expect the opposite behavior if there were something wrong with the mesh or material settings...

Comment

Originally posted by tomtnt View Post

Are you using compression for lightmaps? (world setting - lightmap card, checker box of compression) Normally much better results are without compression.
                Yep! you were right. I had separated this room form my original scene and forgot to check off compress lightmaps. thanks for the reply.
                Last edited by dustintinkler; 03-22-2019, 01:09 PM.
                Dustin Tinkler

Comment

Originally posted by DsyD View Post

Well, thatt's odd, then...I guess it must be something to do with the skysphere mesh then, behaving differently under static vs. stationary? It is set to Movable, so I would kind of expect the opposite behavior if there were something wrong with the mesh or material settings...
                  check to make sure your material is set to unlit so its not affecting lighitng, also make sure your material is not two sided and that the normals are facing inwards. there is an inverse sphere mesh in the engine content that i usually use for my skies.
                  Dustin Tinkler

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

While the newest testing Prometheus is missing a lot of features, it should work with LOD/HLOD though
                    What is prometheus? Oh and how come the front page still says
                    • Ray hit rejection by LOD/HLOD hasn't been implemented and you may see black splotches where lower LOD meshes poke out.
                    Last edited by kurylo3d; 03-22-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dustintinkler View Post

check to make sure your material is set to unlit so its not affecting lighitng, also make sure your material is not two sided and that the normals are facing inwards. there is an inverse sphere mesh in the engine content that i usually use for my skies.
                      Pretty sure I did all that but will check again, thanks!

Comment

Hi Luoshang. Prometheus didn't work on my spec: win10, GTX1080 and nvidia creator ready driver 419.67 or did i miss something?
                        Last edited by Thom Coffee; 03-23-2019, 06:48 AM.

Comment

good people i saw GPULightmass once working in my PC with gtx 970. with extreme quality and high settings it took less than an hour.and that was it, now it takes a day to built light of the same scene. I've Formatted my PC and re-installed everything. it took 4 hours to build the scene and back to insane hours again. please help

Comment

Originally posted by Philliano View Post
                            good people i saw GPULightmass once working in my PC with gtx 970. with extreme quality and high settings it took less than an hour.and that was it, now it takes a day to built light of the same scene. I've Formatted my PC and re-installed everything. it took 4 hours to build the scene and back to insane hours again. please help
                            it might be a driver issue. try another versions or if you havent install creators driver yet also try it.

Comment

First, this script is incredible!!!!
                              now I have noticed that images are darker than compared to regular lightmass. I can fix that increasing the GI in post but, is that the way to work with this??

Second, I noticed that glossiness display different, like way more glossy than regular shading. Someone else also seeing this?
                              Francisco Penaloza.
                              Sr. Visualization Artist
                              HMC Architects

Comment

Originally posted by armoredrat View Post

it might be a driver issue. try another versions or if you havent install creators driver yet also try it.
                                thanks for the prompt reply.

im new please can you explain to me by saying another driver where to find it and install it. same apply to creators driver. please take me step by step.

Comment

Working...
                                X