No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is amazing. you are awesome. It is possible that in the future this will work for AMD, I was thinking about buying a vega 7

Comment

Hi Luoshuang,

I am testing your new Prometheus and getting some problems. On the first pic white dots, and on the second dot it is too noisy (how can I switch settings to max quality?)

I found this lines in code :

[DevOptions.GPULightmass]
      NumPrimaryGISamples=32
      NumSecondaryGISamples=16
      FireflyClampingThreshold=10.0

Which numbers I need for Ultimate settings like in previous ver. of GPU Lightmass ?
      Last edited by ldo; 03-18-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ldo View Post
        Hi Luoshuang,

I am testing your new Prometheus and getting some problems. On the first pic white dots, and on the second dot it is too noisy (how can I switch settings to max quality?)

I found this lines in code :

[DevOptions.GPULightmass]
        NumPrimaryGISamples=32
        NumSecondaryGISamples=16
        FireflyClampingThreshold=10.0

Which numbers I need for Ultimate settings like in previous ver. of GPU Lightmass ?
        Prometheus currently does not respect num samples settings . Its main purpose is to test dark corner elimination and UV robustness. Did you get problems from them?

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

Prometheus currently does not respect num samples settings . Its main purpose is to test dark corner elimination and UV robustness. Did you get problems from them?
          Yep, just tried 128/32, nothings changed. No I didn't investigate for dark corner elimination and UV problems yet, but I'll do it. Now I know that this version is just for testing, so I will ignore all this artifacts... Thank you.
          Any ETA for final release?
          Last edited by ldo; 03-19-2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Does it work with old GPUs (GTX670)? I try to use it with 4.22.1 and I run into "invalid device symbol" error then crash. I used the automatic installer. (Sorry if that was asked before)
            Snap Plugin for EditorSnap Plugin for Games
            Modular Japanese HouseScaffold System
            TwitterBlogYoutubeitch.io

Comment

Originally posted by scha View Post
              Does it work with old GPUs (GTX670)? I try to use it with 4.22.1 and I run into "invalid device symbol" error then crash. I used the automatic installer. (Sorry if that was asked before)
              Same here with GTX 650.

Comment

Are multiple GPUs supported?

Also, is it possible to use different GPUs, like none SLI setups, for example a bunch of 1060, since the heavy process is on the memory this can probably improve times keeping the scaling costs low.

Comment

I got the following results. Sketchup to 4.21 via Datasmith. Upgrade project to 4.22 preview 5. Bake with Prometheus. Thoughts?
                  Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Hi to all,

First of all thank you for this trick.

I am having the issue of very low performance of de GPU running at 5-6%.

Graphic card: 1060 6gb, drivers updated.

Anyone know how to improve it?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by scha View Post
                      The card needs to support SM 3.5, which means at least 7XX series

Originally posted by SilverDragon View Post
                      Are multiple GPUs supported?

Also, is it possible to use different GPUs, like none SLI setups, for example a bunch of 1060, since the heavy process is on the memory this can probably improve times keeping the scaling costs low.
                      No multi GPU support currently

Originally posted by nachovillegas View Post
                      Hi to all,

First of all thank you for this trick.

I am having the issue of very low performance of de GPU running at 5-6%.

Graphic card: 1060 6gb, drivers updated.

Anyone know how to improve it?

Thank you in advance.
                      If you're on Win10, select this queue type and see whether it is fully utilized:
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	-20190320-141649.png Views:	1 Size:	11.3 KB ID:	1596934
                      Starting from NVIDIA 419.xx drivers, how the CUDA and 3D queue are scheduled is changed and 3D will always take priority over CUDA.

Comment

Originally posted by PMcKenzie2004 View Post

I got the following results. Sketchup to 4.21 via Datasmith. Upgrade project to 4.22 preview 5. Bake with Prometheus. Thoughts?
                        Looks no problem to me Are you having any issue with complex objects? One thing I want to achieve with Prometheus is that it should work with auto gen UVs (not generated by UE4Editor, but by your modeling software, like 'auto projection/layout' in Maya) without producing artifacts beyond UV seams (which is supposed to be addressed in following releases) so that lightmap UV workflow can be simplified greatly.
                        Last edited by Luoshuang; 03-20-2019, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Looks no problem to me Are you having any issue with complex objects? One thing I want to achieve with Prometheus is that it should work with auto gen UVs (not generated by UE4Editor, but by your modeling software, like 'auto projection/layout' in Maya) without producing artifacts beyond UV seams (which is supposed to be addressed in following releases) so that lightmap UV workflow can be simplified greatly.
                          I'm good with it . I will try something more complex (irregular sculpture perhaps) this weekend and report back. Thank you for your continued work on this!
                          Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

anyone know if this works with hlods yet? Previously proxy meshes used to cast shadows on stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by kurylo3d View Post
                              anyone know if this works with hlods yet? Previously proxy meshes used to cast shadows on stuff...
                              While the newest testing Prometheus is missing a lot of features, it should work with LOD/HLOD though

Comment

Thanks you soooo much for all the work you've put into making Unreal Engine a better platform for us design folks. There are a ton of stuff I still do not understand but seeing all the work you have put into it is really inspiring. I just wanted to thank you for your work and dedication, I know you probably don't hear that a lot. God bless you man and thanks for inspiring all of us newbies.

Comment

Working...
                                X