Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DsyD View Post
    Nevermind - seems I did something out of order. I built UE4 again, started a new project and it works. Awesome!

Seems like it only runs on a single GPU for now. Also, if I set my Nvidia Control Panel global settings to use GPU #2 for CUDA, it still uses GPU #1 for some reason and does nothing on GPU #2.

[Edit] Setting the CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES environment variable to 1 makes it use the second card on my Win 7 system.

[Edit] Holy $@*! this is fast. And the results are beautiful...
    Are you using your multiple gpu's ? or only one?
    Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Only one. My non-display gpu.

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

It means the script does not recognize the Lightmass.exe hash and cannot decide which version to use. That also means the lightmass core changed, and would probably also mean that GPU Lightmass may need to be updated for 4.21.2 in order to have the latest changes included (not sure what changed thou).
        To work around it, I'll need to update the hash table to the latest version. There is a script in the "Hash" folder just for that called "HashCheck.bat".
        I'm currently on another project, but I'll see if I can make some time this week to update it.
        Hi Situx,
        did you had a chance to update script?
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbachi View Post

Hi Situx,
          did you had a chance to update script?
          thanks
          I'm currently super bussy with work, which is always a good thing. But sadly it's keeping me far away from unreal, so I have little or not time to update it. The code is there, anyone with some skills can do the dirty work and update the hashs. Just send me a pull request and I'll gladly merge it.
          Technology Officer
          Magma3D

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

I'm currently super bussy with work, which is always a good thing. But sadly it's keeping me far away from unreal, so I have little or not time to update it. The code is there, anyone with some skills can do the dirty work and update the hashs. Just send me a pull request and I'll gladly merge it.

Unfortunately I dont have those skills.
            Regards

Comment

Hi guys,
              Hi share with you a scene that i’m working on with gpu lightmass.

video link :
              https://youtu.be/cKXJ2oamHfw

I am quite happy with the result since it took 4 hours to bake with 1080ti. It’s look like I have better results than CPU in less baking time so many thanks to Luoshuang for amazing work!

I set Lightmap resolutions to 512 max but sometimes I had to split the mesh to get good enough shadow resolution. General settings for GPU lightmass are set to “insane quality”.
              If you have some tips to get better results I would be happy to heard your feedback. Also if you have some questions feel free to ask!

Comment

Hallo,
                thanks to this awesome GPU render. Here is my first small project I work on, it is still in testing stage. I work on windows application, also HTML5 is possible now such as android. (yes, with a lot limitation) Now I am trying to export 360 VR also. These examples are from windows version:

https://roundme.com/tour/374551/view/1281826

Anyway, is in plan to add own light sources? I know that it is possible to simulate all by emissive material, but in backward doing solution for GI this method produce a lot of noise. SO would be cool to have own GPU forward computing light sources with subdivs parameter or just something better than UE lights. I just hate the crazy quality and bottle neck CPU power of UE lights.
                Also is different of memory consummation between GPU or CPU GI? I have actually the biggest problem with GBram, not with Vram. I have 64Gbram and 11 VGBram. This scene took more then 64 gigs and just 8 VGBram. SO I would do better resolution for textures, but I am actually limited by GBram of my computer. I used the CMD line to save some ram, but that is just not a solution.
                Also a support of translucency (just for courtains) would be great

Tomas.

Comment

Originally posted by samdax View Post

WOW! that's an amazing work! Can't wait to have this new version
                  Has this overhaul happened in the past few months? I can't find any further mentions. The potential improvements are staggeringly awesome!

Comment

Prometheus - GPU Lightmass Overhaul

Lightmap UV Testing
                    4.22.0 Release: https://dl.orangedox.com/FQOQDuOwqiVCNvcsnP
                    [Updated 13:55 2019/3/17 0.0.1: Fixed some bright corner issues (lol).]
                    [Updated 00:10 2019/3/21 0.0.4: Fixed chart dilation issue.]
                    [Updated 13:11 2019/3/28 0.2.0: Greatly improve video memory consumption.]
                    [Updated 14:35 2019/4/04 0.3.0: Added skylight importance sampling and other parameters.]

Needs CUDA driver version >= 419.17

Since the overhaul took much longer than I expected, I decided to roll out some new versions containing important functionalities to test whether they work well and if I should invest more into them. This version focuses on lightmap UVs and dark corner elimination.

Only a single static skylight is supported, no other lights. Also no masked material support, no VLM/SPLS support. Just testing lightmap UVs.

Creating lightmap UVs for complex objects & dark corners at object intersections are concerning/frustrating issues always. I have been testing multiple (potentially costly) techniques to see whether I can mitigate most of the artifacts - especially at lower lightmap resolution. Now this version should be able to get rid of most of those 'common' dark corners, provided that the hard edges on your object are properly split - which most auto UV gen software would do (Due to limitations in UE4's lightmap directionality representation, 'spherical harmonics', non-planar texels won't work well even if Prometheus has computed them super precisely, which means lightmap texels crossing a hard edge will never be correct).

Baked with Prometheus:
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.5 KB ID:	1595480
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	1595481

V-Ray viewport reference (Reinhard tonemapping, exposure +3)
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.9 KB ID:	1595482
                    Last edited by Luoshuang; 04-04-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
                      You can use command line to launch the editor and bake lighting to save GPU resources for GPULightmass, especially video memory.
                      • Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-Cmd.exe "path\to\your\project\yourproject.uproject" -run=resavepackages -buildlighting -allowcommandletrendering -map=/Game/Maps/MyMap.umap
                      • Remember to replace Content with Game in the umap path
                      What about https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...mand-line.html ? ... says can't be absolute path ... not to include "folders"

Comment

Originally posted by Muchasty View Post
                        GPU Lightmass (4.19.1) causes some problems with this scene ( dark upper area and some sparks on the ceiling ):

Below the reference CPU baked (4.18.3):
                        me too, I have this problem and i can not fix this, can you help me,please
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, I will test this version of GPU Lightmass ASAP and compare results to the past versions.
                          Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Hey Luoshuang ! Got this error on a clean engine with Prometheus 0.0.1, any idea what could be the cause of it ? Looks like a dll mismatch.

Antoine Guillo, FR
                            Virtual Reality Designer
                            https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post
                              Hey Luoshuang ! Got this error on a clean engine with Prometheus 0.0.1, any idea what could be the cause of it ? Looks like a dll mismatch.
                              I've updated a fresh packaged version, you can try again

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

I've updated a fresh packaged version, you can try again
                                Good now, thanks for the quick patch ! Looking forward to a day of testing tomorrow
                                Antoine Guillo, FR
                                Virtual Reality Designer
                                https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X