Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ahmadsy1 View Post
    3ismar Hi, i have the same issue with Gtx 1070. When my lightmass are building, it just uses 7 % of all powerful. I don't know why. If you will solve this problem, let me know plz.
    I have a 1070 as well and GPU usage stays at 100% baking lightmaps. v4.21.2

    Comment


      Originally posted by ahmadsy1 View Post
      3ismar Hi, i have the same issue with Gtx 1070. When my lightmass are building, it just uses 7 % of all powerful. I don't know why. If you will solve this problem, let me know plz.
      With the most recent 2 drivers NVIDIA changed the scheduling priority of CUDA:
      1. While the device's compute CUDA cores are fully used they won't show up in task manager
      2. Whenever there's a 3D application running in foreground it will take priority
      This results in generally slower CUDA execution

      Comment


        Originally posted by Xivader View Post

        I have a 1070 as well and GPU usage stays at 100% baking lightmaps. v4.21.2
        Seems that in 19.2 speed is lower, besides i use source code engine from GitHub by Nvidia.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

          With the most recent 2 drivers NVIDIA changed the scheduling priority of CUDA:
          1. While the device's compute CUDA cores are fully used they won't show up in task manager
          2. Whenever there's a 3D application running in foreground it will take priority
          This results in generally slower CUDA execution
          But now i don't use the last driver. I use a 418.81 version. Maybe, they made an update earlier.

          Comment


            HI Im having this problem and no able to build the scene; in another scenes with less assets works well; but in this one it begins to build and when the importing surface cache Windows reach the package number 460 it crash and in the logs appears this
            Last edited by CEONDV; 02-20-2019, 03:07 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

              With the most recent 2 drivers NVIDIA changed the scheduling priority of CUDA:
              1. While the device's compute CUDA cores are fully used they won't show up in task manager
              2. Whenever there's a 3D application running in foreground it will take priority
              This results in generally slower CUDA execution
              So here is visible that lightmass building uses just... 3 % of all power of my gtx 1070. It's so sad.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ahmadsy1; 02-20-2019, 05:32 PM.

              Comment


                i want to use 4.21 in GPU lightmass
                my gpu is GTX 1070

                before that i use 4.19 GPU lightmass

                so which driver version should i use?
                411.63? or newest version?

                and 4.19 old uproject can also use new driver to bake gpu lightmass?
                Attached Files
                Tcimage3d Studio
                Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
                Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

                Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
                Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

                Comment


                  Originally posted by tc22 View Post
                  i want to use 4.21 in GPU lightmass
                  my gpu is GTX 1070

                  before that i use 4.19 GPU lightmass

                  so which driver version should i use?
                  411.63? or newest version?

                  and 4.19 old uproject can also use new driver to bake gpu lightmass?
                  Hi, what's a driver you used when worked on 4.19?

                  Comment


                    Here are some snapshots of my exterior / interior archviz project in 4.20.3 so far.

                    Comment


                      Relating to post #939 here are some exterior snapshots.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ahmadsy1 View Post

                        Hi, what's a driver you used when worked on 4.19?
                        i use 388.31 driver
                        win10 64bit
                        Tcimage3d Studio
                        Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
                        Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

                        Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
                        Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

                        Comment


                          I am having major issues converting my 4.21.2 project to 4.22p3 (binary from launcher) - lightmaps render pitch black on Android devices. I tried rebuilding them in 4.22p3 with stock CPULightmass, but had no luck. Since purging and rebuilding lightmaps is broken in 4.22p3 (Editor crashes), I can be certain, but it looks like my project is f@cked (luckily I only have a test level there). I had no issues with 4.21.2 projects converted to 4.22p3, if the projects had lightmaps built with stock CPULightmass.

                          Luoshuang any idea if GPULightmass could have done something to the level data in 4.21.2 that makes it not compatible with 4.22 ? Any plans to release 4.22 update for GPLightmass (even if there are no new features added yet) ?

                          Comment


                            I get an error saying it "could not start because GPULightmassKernel.dll is missing from your computer." But it's clearly there in ../Win64/. Any idea what is going on?

                            Using a custom source build 4.20.3 on Win 7 64.

                            Comment


                              Will this work in Rtx cards? and what if i have multiple gpu's on one computer that i didn't connect through sli. Do i have to connect it to use all of them?
                              Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

                              Comment


                                Nevermind - seems I did something out of order. I built UE4 again, started a new project and it works. Awesome!
                                Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                                Will this work in Rtx cards? and what if i have multiple gpu's on one computer that i didn't connect through sli. Do i have to connect it to use all of them?
                                Seems like it only runs on a single GPU for now. Also, if I set my Nvidia Control Panel global settings to use GPU #2 for CUDA, it still uses GPU #1 for some reason and does nothing on GPU #2.

                                [Edit] Setting the CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES environment variable to 1 makes it use the second card on my Win 7 system.

                                [Edit] Holy $@*! this is fast. And the results are beautiful...
                                Last edited by DsyD; 03-01-2019, 08:46 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X