Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

With the most recent 2 drivers NVIDIA changed the scheduling priority of CUDA:
    1. While the device's compute CUDA cores are fully used they won't show up in task manager
    2. Whenever there's a 3D application running in foreground it will take priority
    This results in generally slower CUDA execution
    But now i don't use the last driver. I use a 418.81 version. Maybe, they made an update earlier.

Comment

HI Im having this problem and no able to build the scene; in another scenes with less assets works well; but in this one it begins to build and when the importing surface cache Windows reach the package number 460 it crash and in the logs appears this
      Last edited by CEONDV; 02-20-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

With the most recent 2 drivers NVIDIA changed the scheduling priority of CUDA:
        1. While the device's compute CUDA cores are fully used they won't show up in task manager
        2. Whenever there's a 3D application running in foreground it will take priority
        This results in generally slower CUDA execution
        So here is visible that lightmass building uses just... 3 % of all power of my gtx 1070. It's so sad.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ahmadsy1; 02-20-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

i want to use 4.21 in GPU lightmass
          my gpu is GTX 1070

before that i use 4.19 GPU lightmass

so which driver version should i use?
          411.63? or newest version?

and 4.19 old uproject can also use new driver to bake gpu lightmass?
          Attached Files
          Tcimage3d Studio
          Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
          Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
          Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

Comment

Originally posted by tc22 View Post
            i want to use 4.21 in GPU lightmass
            my gpu is GTX 1070

before that i use 4.19 GPU lightmass

so which driver version should i use?
            411.63? or newest version?

and 4.19 old uproject can also use new driver to bake gpu lightmass?
            Hi, what's a driver you used when worked on 4.19?

Comment

Here are some snapshots of my exterior / interior archviz project in 4.20.3 so far.

Comment

Relating to post #939 here are some exterior snapshots.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadsy1 View Post

Hi, what's a driver you used when worked on 4.19?
                  i use 388.31 driver
                  win10 64bit
                  Tcimage3d Studio
                  Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
                  Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
                  Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

Comment

I am having major issues converting my 4.21.2 project to 4.22p3 (binary from launcher) - lightmaps render pitch black on Android devices. I tried rebuilding them in 4.22p3 with stock CPULightmass, but had no luck. Since purging and rebuilding lightmaps is broken in 4.22p3 (Editor crashes), I can be certain, but it looks like my project is f@cked (luckily I only have a test level there). I had no issues with 4.21.2 projects converted to 4.22p3, if the projects had lightmaps built with stock CPULightmass.

Luoshuang any idea if GPULightmass could have done something to the level data in 4.21.2 that makes it not compatible with 4.22 ? Any plans to release 4.22 update for GPLightmass (even if there are no new features added yet) ?

Comment

I get an error saying it "could not start because GPULightmassKernel.dll is missing from your computer." But it's clearly there in ../Win64/. Any idea what is going on?

Using a custom source build 4.20.3 on Win 7 64.

Comment

Will this work in Rtx cards? and what if i have multiple gpu's on one computer that i didn't connect through sli. Do i have to connect it to use all of them?
                        Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic scene.

Comment

Nevermind - seems I did something out of order. I built UE4 again, started a new project and it works. Awesome!
                          Originally posted by Gandosh View Post
                          Will this work in Rtx cards? and what if i have multiple gpu's on one computer that i didn't connect through sli. Do i have to connect it to use all of them?
                          Seems like it only runs on a single GPU for now. Also, if I set my Nvidia Control Panel global settings to use GPU #2 for CUDA, it still uses GPU #1 for some reason and does nothing on GPU #2.

[Edit] Setting the CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES environment variable to 1 makes it use the second card on my Win 7 system.

[Edit] Holy $@*! this is fast. And the results are beautiful...
                          Last edited by DsyD; 03-01-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Hi guy's,
                            I'm posting here because I have a problem with my skylight using GPULightmass in 4.21 Unified Settings on a GTX 980 4Gb.
                            As you can see on the screen, my shadows are really dark and we don't see any skylight in it.

https://imgur.com/qxcJlxW

I tried different things like :

- Increased intensity
                            - Moved to static --> stationary and go back to static
                            - Increased Sky bounced
                            - Unchecked "Lower Hemishpere Is Solid Color"
                            - Unsing : Preview, Medium & high quality

I don't have any new idea for fixing this ... if anyone can help me it would be great.

Thanks !

Comment

hi
                              thanks for your great GPUlightMass
                              I have a question.
                              how can I reduce noises on objects?
                              I use UE4.21.2 and I couldn't find any setting to change quality.

Last edited by Pooya.king; 03-03-2019, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon44 View Post
                                Hi guy's,
                                I'm posting here because I have a problem with my skylight using GPULightmass in 4.21 Unified Settings on a GTX 980 4Gb.
                                As you can see on the screen, my shadows are really dark and we don't see any skylight in it.

https://imgur.com/qxcJlxW

I tried different things like :

- Increased intensity
                                - Moved to static --> stationary and go back to static
                                - Increased Sky bounced
                                - Unchecked "Lower Hemishpere Is Solid Color"
                                - Unsing : Preview, Medium & high quality

I don't have any new idea for fixing this ... if anyone can help me it would be great.

Thanks !
                                Exactly the same problem. Skylight doesn't affects the scene at all, all black for some reason... weird thing is that i have the same gpu... gtx 980 ti

love the gpu lightmass all the same, just reporting

Comment

Working...
                                X