No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tomtnt, good testing, I stand corrected . I'll try myself but I believe that I'll see the same results.

Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Lets hope upcoming Lightmass will use OpenCL too as i just got Vega 64 cheaply and it has massive power for calculations.
      tox.chat - Skype alternative
      blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post
        Lets hope upcoming Lightmass will use OpenCL too as i just got Vega 64 cheaply and it has massive power for calculations.
        compare nowadays renders Vs unreal ligtmass is lightmass so old technique. I would like to see some GI baking tests by Vray CPU in Unreal - but there is not much information now.
        Anyway, GPU is fine, but It is very limited due the Vram size. If there would be medium expensive graphic cards with 32 or 48 or 64 VGram that would finally starts GPU calculations for masses.
        Btw, a bit surprised me that Unreal is still using photons for secondary rays. (I stopped using them 10 years ago?...on the other hand, it was developed for games and I work in CG...)

Comment

you should implement nvidia optix denoiser

Comment

I'm struggling with getting it work - seems directional light and skylight are 'ignored', as in it results in black areas. Exceptions are point/spot lights - these work.UE4 4.21.2, gpu lightmass is 4.21.0. Could it be version incompatibility?

I've tried different levels, in same project, replacing light sources with default ones, different intensity values (10 lux up to few thousands, for directional light). Stationary and Static.

All I did for installation, is extracting gpu lightmass files and replacing in ue4 folder.

EDIT: By accident, but it seems that sky sphere is blocking lightning from skylight/directional, which wasn't the case few months ago/before installing gpu lightmass. Going to investigate it later
            Last edited by tonpix; 02-14-2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

@tonoix I had kind of simillar problem, and had to change a sphere, correct her UV’s . It helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbachi View Post
                @tonoix I had kind of simillar problem, and had to change a sphere, correct her UV’s . It helped.
                Unchecking on "Cast shadows" on sky sphere properties fixed it, I'm not sure why it was different, last time I've used UE4 was 4.18 (and it wasn't blocking sky/sun lightning then), I can guess that few versions update changed something

Comment

I am having a problem when I build lights. It is giving me an error "Invalid device symbol". I am attaching a screenshot of my problem. Please help.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I am having a problem when I build lights. It is giving me an error "Invalid device symbol". I am attaching a screenshot of my problem. Please help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have did another small test with HDR backgorund for GI. I will send all test later, but it seems to me it is not working right. Practically, there are 3 basic ways how to create IBL. You can load HDR by skylight or you can create mesh sphere to light te scene by loading HDR or EXR (they have different mapping)
                      But in any case, I didn't get same result as in 3DS max + Vray. There was no different between loading HDR in to skilight and using EXR on mesh. The HDR on mesh was absolutely blured.
                      The biggest problem was with precision of shadows. It seems to me, that HDR that is used for calculation is in much smaller resolution then you are loading. So the results are just tints by HDR but there is no visible dynamic range in the light.
                      I have to do another test by CPU also. Every time I am using the same files as I render in 3ds max to compare results.

How GPU render does manage the HDR(exr) files Luoshuang? Is it supported and how we should use it to get proper results?

Comment

why,black,here

Comment

Originally posted by guiwuzhe333 View Post
                          why,black,here
                          Double check UVWs and material. Seems to be there.

Comment

Does anyone else get the "out of memory" error? RAM memory, thats the problem not video memory. Does anyone know how to fix it?

I have 32GB of RAM and I always get to 98% or more and then it crashes, don't know what to do.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

Hello!! This is normal?¿ GPU Lightmass its working fine in RTX? My GPU is relaxed...

Attached Files
                              Last edited by 3ismar; 02-19-2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

3ismar Hi, i have the same issue with Gtx 1070. When my lightmass are building, it just uses 7 % of all powerful. I don't know why. If you will solve this problem, let me know plz.

Comment

Working...
                                X