Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Law94 View Post

Thank you for your reply Situx
    I will try this soon, but after buy 1To ssd because anymore memory on my C disk. Hope it works
    And without your script how do you change the build settings ( production, high...) on the previous version we had to change the folder in the engine but with the GPU 4.21 unified setting i dont know. it work with the unreal build settings?
    Thanks again..
    Post #478. https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...38#post1522838

You need to modify baseLightmap.ini

Scroll down to the end and find DevOptions.GPULightmass.

FastPreview:
    NumPrimaryGISamples=16
    NumSecondaryGISamples=8

MediumQuality:
    NumPrimaryGISamples=32
    NumSecondaryGISamples=16

UltraHigh:
    NumPrimaryGISamples=64
    NumSecondaryGISamples=16

Extreme:
    NumPrimaryGISamples=128
    NumSecondaryGISamples=32

"A better way is to create a DefaultLightmass.ini under your project's Config folder which only contains the DevOptions.GPULightmass section so that you can have per-project settings."
    Technology Officer
    Magma3D

Comment

I guess the minimum system requirement has been changed. GPULightmassIntegration-4.20.2-UnifiedSettings.zip works on Custom Source UE4.21.2 with GTX 660 Cuda 3.0 but, it doesn't work with GPULightmassIntegration-4.21.0-UnifiedSettings.zip, because GPU Lightmass doesn't support Cuda 3.0 anymore. Am I right on this? Luoshuang
      I have a GTX 970 on my other pc. But I just want to know the fact. GPU Lightmass is very nice to have, I don't understand why that much tricky? Thanks.

Comment

Anyone how to fix this??
        Attached Files

Comment

Trying the 4.20.1 version and hit another error, any ideas?

<None> === Lightmass crashed: ===Unhandled Exception: 0x80000003
          Fatal error: [File:C:\UE4-GPULightmassIntegration\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealLightmass\Private\Lighting\LightingSystem.cpp] [Line: 1402]
          Static lighting thread exception:
          Unhandled Exception: 0x80000003

0x00007ff9876edf71 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff9875f59a1 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff9875f7e01 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff9875ee231 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff9875eafcc GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff7afa0bf6c UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff7afa2fb05 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff7afa2e849 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff9864e8d38 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff9864e36d7 UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffa15e13034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffa16223691 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Attached Files

Comment

I have also hit an assertion fail, however at a different location to leoletsrock.

We have had this working in a few scenes with promising results (UE4.21.2), but we just tried another scene (the only difference is that it is fully indoors) and we get consistent error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	1580561

Which is followed by:

Name:	Assert.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1580562

If i can track down the cause of this ill report back
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey Guys,

I just do-again all steps on page1 and things seem work perfectly fine. Here is the scene FYI. Even the strange lighting (''Wave'' shadow) on wall is magically gone!!

Luoshuang you are the best!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

The script is a helper to avoid manually copying, backing up, and doing boring stuff, it looks for the registry key that should be there if you installed properly UE4. The issue is definetly not related to using something else than C, is I currently use "D" and that's why it looks the registry for the folder. I can't however debug all situations, nor look at other OS Languages.

You can try reinstalling UE4, that worked for some people, but then egain, if it is not working you can do it manually as instructed in the first post.

There is not much I can do unless someone with the problem like you is willing to debug the issue with the registry and work out a solution. I can't fix what's not broken.
                Could I get a link to the first post, same issue with registry here I want to fix, your script is super helpful.

Comment

Good morning everyone. I have a problem when building the lights. Out of Memory Could you help me Christian Lugo

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Kennedy View Post

Could I get a link to the first post, same issue with registry here I want to fix, your script is super helpful.
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...s-gpulightmass

The latest version of the script should work with 4.21.1, but there could be bugs:
                    https://github.com/sgeraldes/LightmassConfiguration

Not sure why, so if you want to troubleshoot, let me know what you can find in the following registry key:
                    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EpicGames\Unreal Engine\4.21

​​​​​​​You should see something like this:
                    Technology Officer
                    Magma3D

Comment

Dear all,
                      I'm using GPU lightmass calculation.
                      I have 2 light scenario level and one persistent with geometry.
                      On both light scenario I have spotlights that I duplicated from one and moved to other light level , light values were modified afterwards.
                      and now
                      after calculating lightmap on one level and opening other one witch had already calculation done Editor indicates me that I need the recalculate light for those spotlights on this level.
                      and vice versa. even when I do calculation for both level together after successful run have same warning on one level.
                      If somebody understand what is going on with this?

Comment

Hallo,
                        is rectangular area light supported? Is there any way to do rectangular area light source? Is material emission supported?
                        Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtnt View Post
                          Hallo,
                          is rectangular area light supported? Is there any way to do rectangular area light source? Is material emission supported?
                          Thank you.
                          Both work fine for me, set them up the same as with CPU (default) lightmass.
                          Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbachi View Post
                            Dear all,
                            I'm using GPU lightmass calculation.
                            I have 2 light scenario level and one persistent with geometry.
                            On both light scenario I have spotlights that I duplicated from one and moved to other light level , light values were modified afterwards.
                            and now
                            after calculating lightmap on one level and opening other one witch had already calculation done Editor indicates me that I need the recalculate light for those spotlights on this level.
                            and vice versa. even when I do calculation for both level together after successful run have same warning on one level.
                            If somebody understand what is going on with this?
                            I have also two light scenarios(day/night) without problem.

Maybe make sure you have really these light in level you want and make sure you have checked "Toogle light scenario" in levels with lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardud View Post

I have also two light scenarios(day/night) without problem.

Maybe make sure you have really these light in level you want and make sure you have checked "Toogle light scenario" in levels with lights.
                              thanks,
                              in fact I did check it already, but will double check it.

My suspiciuos was to how i added spotlights to night level , it was by copy paste or duplicate. I had impression that this leavs some kind of link. Beacuse what is a sense that by calculating on one level it changes status of lights (already calculated) on other level??
                              by the way meshes looks lighted correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by PMcKenzie2004 View Post

Both work fine for me, set them up the same as with CPU (default) lightmass.
                                Nope, Rectangular area light is not simply working. I have tested it in 4.21GPU and 4.20 CPU - same scene and as I thought from previous test, the GPU version does not see any rectangular light. So in the GPU version are only "primary rays" that are done every time by CPU (for all types of lights) but there are no other calculation of secondary rays (secondary bounces) by GPU. So the result is simply without any GI on GPU version but you can see just first rays - anyway, that is wrong.

I have tested also Emissive material. It is working good seems to me (needs to be emissive material + turn on emission in object properties)

Name:	GPU.jpg
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	1582772

Name:	CPU.jpg
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	1582771

Comment

Working...