X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you for the prompt respond

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

@BoothStudios To investigate, lets tune up FireflyClampingThreshold in BaseLightmass.ini to some value like 10000.0 and see whats happening
      I can test that today but I updated to latest version of 4.21 and need to reinstall GPULightmass as it no longer works.
      Artstation

Comment

Apologies if this has been brought up before but I'm having a small issue with indirect lighting - the CPU baker managed to scatter the lights around fairly nicely but using this I have ceilings coming out mega dark. I've tried browsing the thread for a result but it's like searching for a needle.

Can anyone lend a hand please?

Comment

Originally posted by ZombieDawgs View Post
          Apologies if this has been brought up before but I'm having a small issue with indirect lighting - the CPU baker managed to scatter the lights around fairly nicely but using this I have ceilings coming out mega dark. I've tried browsing the thread for a result but it's like searching for a needle.

I fixed that with a higher Skylight intensity, and a few up lights (usually rectangular, at an intensity of 4 to 8).
          Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Originally posted by PMcKenzie2004 View Post

I fixed that with a higher Skylight intensity, and a few up lights (usually rectangular, at an intensity of 4 to 8).
            So I shouldn't be relying on the bounce light to produce the same effect? Using fill lights etc?

Comment

I had this issue several times. I noticed that with a specific settings sometimes the lights (spotligts in my case) stopped having any GI at all.
              It happen when I changed my lights to unitless or I unchecked the use inverse square fallof. It also happed often when my light was a part of another blueprint. Sometimes when I was changing the source radius. The thing is that it sometimes worked and sometimes not. My workaround is that I always place my lights directly in the world and not as a part of a blueprint, I always use physical units with inverse square fallof and since then the lighting always bakes nicely. Hope it helps.

Comment

Does anobody compared new 2080ti with old 1080ti? What is about performance in GPU Lightmass calculation?
                ZacD, did you have 1080 ti before?

Comment

someone to help me? my new graphic card gtx2080ti appears a error with the gpu lightmass, i already clean and validate the swarm agent.. im trying with 4.20.3, nvidia 417.78 driver

Comment

Originally posted by ldo View Post
                    Does anobody compared new 2080ti with old 1080ti? What is about performance in GPU Lightmass calculation?
                    ZacD, did you have 1080 ti before?
                    When you have a look at Game Benchmarks, the 2080Ti is between 20% and 30% faster than the 1080Ti, so i guess this is what you will get for your calculation boost in GPU lightmass, plus more VRAM to use. Beside that, im kinda sure that the RTX "part" of the card wont have any influance on GPU lightmass caluclation speed.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J-K View Post

When you have a look at Game Benchmarks, the 2080Ti is between 20% and 30% faster than the 1080Ti, so i guess this is what you will get for your calculation boost in GPU lightmass, plus more VRAM to use. Beside that, im kinda sure that the RTX "part" of the card wont have any influance on GPU lightmass caluclation speed.
                      That'd comparison with Game Benchmarks would be ok for in-game performance with Ray Tracing disabled... For GPU Lightmass this could be a game changer (hipothetically). In offline rendering, which resembles much more to the process GPU lightmass is doing, for F-Storm (offline GPU renderer) a single RTX 2080 (not TI) compares to 2 x 1080TI in SLI. That is without any special modifications to the GPU Renderer code (per the devs own statements).

Source: https://fstormrender.ru/forum/forum/...equired/page12
                      Last edited by Situx; 01-28-2019, 06:32 PM.
                      Technology Officer
                      Magma3D

Comment

Originally posted by A-J-K View Post

There is the same amount of VRAM, but 2080ti uses GDDR6 in compare to GDDR5X in 1080ti. But I am pretty sure it will not influence on lightmass calculation too much.
                        For now GPU Lightmass doesn't use RTX cores, so CUDA only.

Comment

hello everybody,
                          First thank you LUOS for your work
                          Sorry for my bad english
                          i was working with CPU and now i want to try GPU solution but when i want install the Lightmassconfiguration-Master
                          i have this message: "Unreal Engine version 4.21 not installed or registery not set" you can see it on the image.
                          I have found on the forum, people who have this problem on page 33 and 53 but cant find the answer
                          i think the problem is the registery because my ue4 isnt on my "C" disk i suppose..
                          Someone can help me Please
                          Last edited by Law94; 01-30-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Law94 View Post
                            hello everybody,
                            First thank you LUOS for your work
                            Sorry for my bad english
                            i was working with CPU and now i want to try GPU solution but when i want install the Lightmassconfiguration-Master
                            i have this message: "Unreal Engine version 4.21 not installed or registery not set" you can see it on the image.
                            I have found on the forum, people who have this problem on page 33 and 53 but cant find the answer
                            i think the problem is the registery because my ue4 isnt on my "C" disk i suppose..
                            Someone can help me Please
                            The script is a helper to avoid manually copying, backing up, and doing boring stuff, it looks for the registry key that should be there if you installed properly UE4. The issue is definetly not related to using something else than C, is I currently use "D" and that's why it looks the registry for the folder. I can't however debug all situations, nor look at other OS Languages.

You can try reinstalling UE4, that worked for some people, but then egain, if it is not working you can do it manually as instructed in the first post.

There is not much I can do unless someone with the problem like you is willing to debug the issue with the registry and work out a solution. I can't fix what's not broken.
                            Technology Officer
                            Magma3D

Comment

So I shouldn't be relying on the bounce light to produce the same effect? Using fill lights etc?
                              That's what worked for me. The bounce light seems to work differently with GPU Lightmass, Luo would have to explain the technical reasons.
                              Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

The script is a helper to avoid manually copying, backing up, and doing boring stuff, it looks for the registry key that should be there if you installed properly UE4. The issue is definetly not related to using something else than C, is I currently use "D" and that's why it looks the registry for the folder. I can't however debug all situations, nor look at other OS Languages.

You can try reinstalling UE4, that worked for some people, but then egain, if it is not working you can do it manually as instructed in the first post.

There is not much I can do unless someone with the problem like you is willing to debug the issue with the registry and work out a solution. I can't fix what's not broken.
                                Thank you for your reply Situx
                                I will try this soon, but after buy 1To ssd because anymore memory on my C disk. Hope it works
                                And without your script how do you change the build settings ( production, high...) on the previous version we had to change the folder in the engine but with the GPU 4.21 unified setting i dont know. it work with the unreal build settings?
                                Thanks again..

Comment

Working...
                                X