Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
    Currently the workaround is to turn off two sided on these materials. While it should be a not so hard fix on my side, I'm scheduling my relocation so I cannot write codes in recent days. Sorry for that!
    1. I have around 300 materials, started to search for two sided mats manually. I looks like I'm still missing some, because my scene is still so dark and missing multi-bounce. Is there a way to make search or bulk modification for two sided materials?
    help will be appreciated very much :-)
    Last edited by Bimbachi; 01-19-2019, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by epcherryb1 View Post
      Seems to reflect incorrectly, all the reflect of the floor is white.
      It looks like your problem is how your reflection captures are set up, not the lighting. I suggest you go through the reflection captures documentation.

Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
      Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Hey guys, first of all i have to thank Luoshuang and all the supporters because GPU lightmass is a game changer! It is a milesone in real time archviz!
        I have a problem. I have PC and Laptop. I have installed UE4.21.1 and GPU Lightmass Situx Installer - i did all the same on both computers. I wanted to show WIP to customer in VR on laptop so I have copied the project and start it on laptop. Everything is OK, the light is built and all but i have strange issue. Green leafs of plants are different on laptop than on PC. It is black on laptop and beautifull green on PC. It is simple texture - only base texture. I really don't know what to do. Lightmap res is the same, setting (enable error c) same, all same in my opinion (copied straight forward). I even rebuild the light on laptop but it didn't help. Also changing to movable, changing lightmap res doesn't work. It helps to change the mat to emmisive but it looks stupid then.

Comment

hey,
          Something really strange just happened to me, without chaning something from the one to the other minute GPU lightmass gives me this Error.
          Any idea why the heck this is happening ? my last lighting build was literally 3 to 5 mins before and without any issues.

<None> === Lightmass crashed: ===Unhandled Exception: 0x80000003
          Unhandled Exception: 0x80000003

0x00007ffdcea50311 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffdce94ad0d GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffdce96d03c GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffdce9759e4 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffdce95f0c0 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffdce9768a3 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffdce97a84a GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffdce945fa2 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffdce94c519 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff7c8bdd77a UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff7c8bfa83f UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff7c8be8060 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff7c8b4527c UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff7c8b5b33c UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff7c8b6d7a7 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ff7c8c2d010 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffe4eec7e94 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
          0x00007ffe512ea251 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Attached Files
          Last edited by A-J-K; 01-15-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J-K View Post
            hey,
            Something really strange just happened to me, without chaning something from the one to the other minute GPU lightmass gives me this Error.
            Any idea why the heck this is happening ? my last lighting build was literally 3 to 5 mins before and without any issues.
            Clean and validate your cach in the swarm agent, and if it doesnt fix it, you may have reached your GPU's VRAM limit. This error usually pops up (on my machine) when swarm unloads everything to your VRAM (easily checkeable with gpuz or even the performance tab of windows task manager) and it doesnt have enough room to fit all...

I'd suggest to lower some of your lightmap resolutions and give it a go again. You can check the total lightmap memory usage within the statistics window.
            Antoine Guillo, FR
            Virtual Reality Designer
            https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post

Clean and validate your cach in the swarm agent, and if it doesnt fix it, you may have reached your GPU's VRAM limit. This error usually pops up (on my machine) when swarm unloads everything to your VRAM (easily checkeable with gpuz or even the performance tab of windows task manager) and it doesnt have enough room to fit all...

I'd suggest to lower some of your lightmap resolutions and give it a go again. You can check the total lightmap memory usage within the statistics window.
              I just figured out what happened, for some reason all my meshes changed to cast shadows off and for some reason you need to have at least one mesh in your scene which is casting shadows otherwise GPU lightmass crashes. Took me like 2 hours to figure it out... but now it's working again.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J-K View Post

I just figured out what happened, for some reason all my meshes changed to cast shadows off and for some reason you need to have at least one mesh in your scene which is casting shadows otherwise GPU lightmass crashes. Took me like 2 hours to figure it out... but now it's working again.
                Hah, thats good to know
                Antoine Guillo, FR
                Virtual Reality Designer
                https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Luoshuang

Hi,
                  during testing I noticed that afterlight build in the World seting I have 0 lightmaps. Is it normal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-63_LI.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1574475

Last edited by Bimbachi; 01-19-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbachi View Post
                    Luoshuangduring testing I noticed that afterlight build in the World seting I have 0 lightmaps. Is it normal?
                    If that's a main level and all the objects with lighting are in sub-levels, yes. Then you need to double click each sub-level to see their lightmaps.

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post

If that's a main level and all the objects with lighting are in sub-levels, yes. Then you need to double click each sub-level to see their lightmaps.
                      Thank you,
                      O yes :-) , I forgot lighting levels :-) .
                      ?! I have around 180 maps per lighting level, seams a lot?
                      Last edited by Bimbachi; 01-19-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I have around 180 maps per lighting level, seams a lot?
                        It is only a lot when it hurts performance lol
                        Or when your packaged project file is huge and nobody will want to download it because of that xD

Comment

It is only a lot when it hurts performance lol
                          Or when your packaged project file is huge and nobody will want to download it because of that xD
                          What is the way to reduce it?

Comment

What is the way to reduce it?
                            You have the Packed Light and Shadow Map Texture Size property in World Settings and your models' lightmap resolution. Unreal packs together the ones that fit in the packed size.

Let's say you set the packed size to 1024 (default) and you have a mesh with lightmap resolution of 512. 4 of these would fit in one lightmass texture. There are extra textures for the quality changing stuff and shadowmaps, but if you want to reduce the amount of textures, you either pack more models in less textures by increasing the packed texture size or you reduce your models' lightmap resolution.

If you increase the pack size, it'll reduce the number of textures in the end, but each texture is 4 times bigger, so if you're also concerned about their size, it doesn't make much difference. The biggest impact is to reduce models' lightmap resolution.

About the packed texture size, remember that when Unreal needs to load the lightmap for an object, it needs to load the whole lightmass texture that model is in. So the bigger your packed texture size, the longer it takes to load. On the other hand, it has to load lightmap textures less often because more models' fit in the already loaded ones. Also, a bigger packed size means you can have models with higher lightmap resolution (up to the packed size).

For huge environments with many meshes I usually go with 2048 packed size and try to never have a single model using more than 1024, unless it really needs it. And I try to break up things as much as possible so they don't need big lightmaps to look good. Like, in a room, each wall is a separate mesh and floor and ceiling are individual as well. That way I could use 1024 for each. If everything was a single mesh, 2048 wouldn't suffice.

And many times it looks like you need high resolution but you can get away with really low ones, like 32 or even 16 if the mesh is not too close to anything and has no detailed shadows etc.
                            Just remember to always keep your model's asset lightmap UVs compatible with your resolution. If they are too tight, a texture size of 16 would cause light bleeding from one face to the other.

Comment

Hey everyone - I'm late to the party as I was on a mac previously. I just completed my first render with this amazing tool.
                              First is GPU, second is CPU. There are quite a few differences, including color temp. Also time savings. GPU took a third of the time it took to render CPU.

Thank you Luoshuang!
                              Attached Files
                              Artstation

Comment

Oh that helps a lot!

Long time I couldn't find info about Packed Light and Shadow Map Texture Size. Now I have a lot of work to do :-).
                                Thank you very much.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X