Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RVillani View Post

Be more specific. What is the problem there? Looks normal to me.
    Seems to reflect incorrectly, all the reflect of the floor is white.
    and the shadow area here is also incorrect
    How to fix it.
    I tried on another project and there was no problem.

Comment

Im also getting this array bounds error on a custom source 4.21 build.
      Im using the source (hybrid) install engine modification zip, tried full rebuild of ue4 and lightmass and clearing caches

Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post
        I made a script that will automatically download and install GPULightmass on your binary installation folder, perform a batch of checks to avoid issues (like nvidia driver version and TdrDelay), and allow to change GPU bake quality among fast, medium, high, extreme, without the need to restart Unreal.

If it helps someone, just give me a "Like" below.

UPDATE 12/11/2018: Now updated to work with 4.21 (Unified Settings). Allows to chage settings on the fly between different BaseLightmap.ini configurations.

Now on GitHub: https://github.com/sgeraldes/LightmassConfiguration/

DIRECT DOWNLOAD to the latest version: LightmassConfiguration.zip

Instructions:
        1. unzip LightmassConfiguration.zip to any folder (empty folder is better).
        2. double click the .bat file and follow the instructions
        What it does:
        • The script will download GPU lightmass 4.20.2 from the OP into the same folder, backup CPU Lightmass for you, and install GPU on your choosen quality level.
        • It features an undo or "Restore CPU Lightmass" option.
        • On-the-fly switch of GPU Lightmass with UnrealEd running (no need to restart unreal).
        • It works with 4.21, but can easily be adapted for 4.20x and 4.19.x if needed by adjusting a few parameters inside the file (just edit with Notepad and change UnrealVersion variable to 4.20 or 4.19.
        What it does not:
        • Brew you some coffee
        Requirements:
        • Windows 10 (not tested in earlier versions, may work but no guarantees)
        • Admin privileges
        The script has the following features:
        1. Show you the version of Nvidia drivers running (and any other display driver that's running, i.e.: Intel HD) and warn if not sufficient
        2. Check if you have TDR settings as recommended, IF NOT: the script will ask you to do the changes for you (optional)
        3. Allows changing GPU Lightmass quality settings (fast preview, medium, high-ultra, extreme) without needing to restart unreal.
        4. Backup CPU lightmass for you and give you the option to go restore it later
        5. It will override BaseLightmass.ini on your Unreal folder (it will first backup in the zip archive the version you have and allow to restore at will).
        6. Checks if GPU Lightmass is installed, if not...
          • Download the latest version of GPU Lightmass for you from Luoshuang's links
          • Download 7Z.exe to quickly backup and perform decompression of the files in the archives
          • Finds the installation directory of Unreal, and unzip the files there according to the quality you select (will prompt you for it)
        7. If UnrealEd is running, the script will disable the option to change GPU and CPU lightmass as it needs to access files that are in use to do so.
        Please note: The script will give an error while copying when trying to change the quality settings with Unreal Ed running. That's perfectly fine, the file is just been copied over to be sure it remains the same. I guess I could just copy GPULightmassKernel.dll instead of the whole bunch, but I just think it works as-is just fine. The copy of a single will fail but GPU Lightmass will work the same.

Also note: the script can't change from CPU to GPU lightmass while the Unreal Editor is running, so the script will check for that and disable the option accordingly.

The only file that has the changes for quality, and the only file that is in any way different between the different packs, is GPULightmassKernel.dll (I did a binary compare of each file to be sure).

Screenshot:

Spoiler

UPDATE 12/11/2018: New Version 0.3.2. Updated to work with UnrealEd 4.21 (Unified Settings). Allows to chage settings on the fly between different BaseLightmap.ini configurations.
        UPDATE 09/23/2018: Version 0.3.1 It now works with UnrealEd 4.20.3 and GPU Lightmass Unified Settings. Also created a menu to change Unified Settings quality choosing from the different presets. Fixed a bug with backup of CPU Lightmass that may not keep folder structure in the zip archive.
        UPDATE 09/22/2018: It currently works with up-to 4.20.2 as binary distributions for GPU Lightmass 4.20.3 are not available. The installer doesn't work either with Unified Settings, so I'm working on a new installer to work exclusively with it.
        UPDATE 08/23/2018 v0.2: Modified to allow easier updates of the engine. Fixed some bugs. better detection of some parameters and added a fail-safe in case it fails.TDR settings now in decimal instead of hexa .
        UPDATE 08/23/2018 v0.2.1: The script now actually checks for driver version and warns the user if the driver does not meet the requirement.
        I tested on Windows 10, and it close fast after requenst admin permissions. I delete
        Code:
        CALL :UAC
        in your .bat and all work. I thinkm that in W10 other logic get permissions. Thank you for work!

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
          Currently the workaround is to turn off two sided on these materials. While it should be a not so hard fix on my side, I'm scheduling my relocation so I cannot write codes in recent days. Sorry for that!
          1. I have around 300 materials, started to search for two sided mats manually. I looks like I'm still missing some, because my scene is still so dark and missing multi-bounce. Is there a way to make search or bulk modification for two sided materials?
          help will be appreciated very much :-)
          Last edited by Bimbachi; 01-19-2019, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by epcherryb1 View Post
            Seems to reflect incorrectly, all the reflect of the floor is white.
            It looks like your problem is how your reflection captures are set up, not the lighting. I suggest you go through the reflection captures documentation.

Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
            Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Hey guys, first of all i have to thank Luoshuang and all the supporters because GPU lightmass is a game changer! It is a milesone in real time archviz!
              I have a problem. I have PC and Laptop. I have installed UE4.21.1 and GPU Lightmass Situx Installer - i did all the same on both computers. I wanted to show WIP to customer in VR on laptop so I have copied the project and start it on laptop. Everything is OK, the light is built and all but i have strange issue. Green leafs of plants are different on laptop than on PC. It is black on laptop and beautifull green on PC. It is simple texture - only base texture. I really don't know what to do. Lightmap res is the same, setting (enable error c) same, all same in my opinion (copied straight forward). I even rebuild the light on laptop but it didn't help. Also changing to movable, changing lightmap res doesn't work. It helps to change the mat to emmisive but it looks stupid then.

Comment

hey,
                Something really strange just happened to me, without chaning something from the one to the other minute GPU lightmass gives me this Error.
                Any idea why the heck this is happening ? my last lighting build was literally 3 to 5 mins before and without any issues.

<None> === Lightmass crashed: ===Unhandled Exception: 0x80000003
                Unhandled Exception: 0x80000003

0x00007ffdcea50311 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffdce94ad0d GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffdce96d03c GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffdce9759e4 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffdce95f0c0 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffdce9768a3 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffdce97a84a GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffdce945fa2 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffdce94c519 GPULightmassKernel.dll!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff7c8bdd77a UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff7c8bfa83f UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff7c8be8060 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff7c8b4527c UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff7c8b5b33c UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff7c8b6d7a7 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ff7c8c2d010 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffe4eec7e94 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                0x00007ffe512ea251 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Attached Files
                Last edited by A-J-K; 01-15-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J-K View Post
                  hey,
                  Something really strange just happened to me, without chaning something from the one to the other minute GPU lightmass gives me this Error.
                  Any idea why the heck this is happening ? my last lighting build was literally 3 to 5 mins before and without any issues.
                  Clean and validate your cach in the swarm agent, and if it doesnt fix it, you may have reached your GPU's VRAM limit. This error usually pops up (on my machine) when swarm unloads everything to your VRAM (easily checkeable with gpuz or even the performance tab of windows task manager) and it doesnt have enough room to fit all...

I'd suggest to lower some of your lightmap resolutions and give it a go again. You can check the total lightmap memory usage within the statistics window.
                  Antoine Guillo, FR
                  Virtual Reality Designer
                  https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post

Clean and validate your cach in the swarm agent, and if it doesnt fix it, you may have reached your GPU's VRAM limit. This error usually pops up (on my machine) when swarm unloads everything to your VRAM (easily checkeable with gpuz or even the performance tab of windows task manager) and it doesnt have enough room to fit all...

I'd suggest to lower some of your lightmap resolutions and give it a go again. You can check the total lightmap memory usage within the statistics window.
                    I just figured out what happened, for some reason all my meshes changed to cast shadows off and for some reason you need to have at least one mesh in your scene which is casting shadows otherwise GPU lightmass crashes. Took me like 2 hours to figure it out... but now it's working again.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J-K View Post

I just figured out what happened, for some reason all my meshes changed to cast shadows off and for some reason you need to have at least one mesh in your scene which is casting shadows otherwise GPU lightmass crashes. Took me like 2 hours to figure it out... but now it's working again.
                      Hah, thats good to know
                      Antoine Guillo, FR
                      Virtual Reality Designer
                      https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Luoshuang

Hi,
                        during testing I noticed that afterlight build in the World seting I have 0 lightmaps. Is it normal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-63_LI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1574475

Last edited by Bimbachi; 01-19-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbachi View Post
                          Luoshuangduring testing I noticed that afterlight build in the World seting I have 0 lightmaps. Is it normal?
                          If that's a main level and all the objects with lighting are in sub-levels, yes. Then you need to double click each sub-level to see their lightmaps.

Comment

If that's a main level and all the objects with lighting are in sub-levels, yes. Then you need to double click each sub-level to see their lightmaps.
                            Thank you,
                            O yes :-) , I forgot lighting levels :-) .
                            ?! I have around 180 maps per lighting level, seams a lot?
                            Last edited by Bimbachi; 01-19-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbachi View Post
                              I have around 180 maps per lighting level, seams a lot?
                              It is only a lot when it hurts performance lol
                              Or when your packaged project file is huge and nobody will want to download it because of that xD

Comment

It is only a lot when it hurts performance lol
                                Or when your packaged project file is huge and nobody will want to download it because of that xD
                                What is the way to reduce it?

Comment

Working...
                                X