No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using the standard expose with min and max brightness set to 1, no bloom and no SSAO&SSR. Here are the different lighting modes:

ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
      I'm using the standard expose with min and max brightness set to 1, no bloom and no SSAO&SSR. Here are the different lighting modes:

Thanks! That's definitely not what I'm seeing on my end. I'll do some more tests tonight. It seems like everyone with proper SkyLight bakes aren't using physical units, I wonder if there's an issue with those values when baking.

Has anyone else used higher intensities for physical units and had any luck with the proper exposure?
      Lighting Artist II @ Crystal Dynamics
      ArtStation
      Twitter

Comment

notice that there is a setting in BaseLightmass.ini called FireflyClampingThreshold which may affect the maximum brightness.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentAndAsleep View Post
          Is there any news about the new lightmass version Luo Shang was working on for 4.21? He released the current version for 4.21 in the meanwhile since it took longer than expected but what about now? Can't wait to try it out.
          Can anyone answer this pretty please?

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
            notice that there is a setting in BaseLightmass.ini called FireflyClampingThreshold which may affect the maximum brightness.
            Hi Luoshuang, I tried changing the threshold from the default 10 to 0.5 and 1,000,000 with no visible difference. I switched everything back to defaults with locked exposure at 1:1, skybox and skylight intensity at 1 and I'm still having an issue, so it doesn't seem to be related to the high values at least. The unbaked Stationary and Movable SkyLight shows the desired lighting, yet when I bake, the diffuse contribution is black. Are there any other factors that can potentially cause this that I should look into?

Actually my bounces in general are lackluster, with no bounce at all from a Directional Light. Comparing the GPU bake to the CPU bake shows a pretty big difference in bounce light. Maybe there's some other issue I'm having here
            Last edited by rosegoldslugs; 01-05-2019, 02:25 AM.
            Lighting Artist II @ Crystal Dynamics
            ArtStation
            Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SilentAndAsleep View Post

Can anyone answer this pretty please?
              I think he is still working on it. He said several months at least, and since it's a project in his spare time, he only has so much mental energy per week to commit to it, I'd imagine . So I don't expect to see it until later in 2019. Luoshuang, am I correct here?
              Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

GPU Lightmass, 90 minutes on maximum (128/32) settings. I found using the all-white HDRI image from the Marketplace's Ultra Dynamic Sky, with a Skylight intensity of 10, worked well for lighting the interior.
                Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Originally posted by rosegoldslugs View Post
                  It was late and I'm an idiot. I figured out why the interior wasn't get anything, there was still a hidden object being baked
                  After reading this I went back to one of my problematic environments and realized I'm an idiot too lol. My skybox was set to Cast Shadows (it needs a lit material for reasons). I turned it off and voila: Skylight's working as expected, even at intensity 1 cd/m².

Now, for the city environment I mentioned, that skybox is unlit. So that one's still a mistery why I had so much trouble to get the Skylight to work.

FYI, it's a VR project, with forward rendering and I'm always using static Skylight.
                  Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                  Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

I'm having a light problem, please help me fix it even though I tried many ways but the results have not changed

Comment

Originally posted by epcherryb1 View Post
                      I'm having a light problem, please help me fix it even though I tried many ways but the results have not changed
                      Be more specific. What is the problem there? Looks normal to me.
                      Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                      Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Hello! I running ue4 editor linux how to use gpulitgthmass under Linux? Did't?

Comment

The artifacts we see in the screenshot, are caused for this reason?
                          "Ray hit rejection by LOD/HLOD hasn't been implemented and you may see black splotches where lower LOD meshes poke out"

If yes, is there a way to avoid this?

Comment

Gpu lightmass can support multi bounce skylight now ???

Comment

Originally posted by Muchasty View Post
                              The problem was .... and sparks made from the one of LED emitter in my coffee machine model ( added node LightmassReplace to avoid bake cause all what is an emitter is used to add the light to the scene by the GPU Light mass).
                              Hi Muchasty

could you pleas describe more in details this node use solution? I have similar sparks problem in shadowy areas.
                              thanks

Comment

Good job! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X