No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luoshuang, how does GPU Lightmass determine how much VRAM it needs? It loads all level geometry, materials, and then makes lightmap (image) files, right? It seems to vary build-to-build; my 1080 ti 11GB has been fine but I'm wondering when I'll hit the limit if I make my design larger, go to 4K textures, etc. Any way to check on specific things using VRAM during a command line build simliar to what Octane Render does? Thank you again.
    Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Hello, Luoshuang!
      I was very inspired by the pictures of your plugin and decided to try it with Unreal Engine 4.20.3
      But one error constantly disrupts the whole process.

I got latest drivers Nvidia on two Geforce 1080 cards
      I changed Windows TDR to 300
      Lightmass is fast preview

Can you help me with it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	493.9 KB
ID:	1563151

Comment

I just start to use this project. I installed it through Situx's script to UE4.21.1. Somehow I got no indirect lighting effect for static lights in my scene. It appears that light building was completed before GPU lightmass process finished.

Comment

Originally posted by fangchampaign View Post
          I just start to use this project. I installed it through Situx's script to UE4.21.1. Somehow I got no indirect lighting effect for static lights in my scene. It appears that light building was completed before GPU lightmass process finished.
          Well, I just found the static lights that don't work are all part of Blueprints that do not have lights as the root. The default CPU Lightmass can handle BPs that contains lights but the root component is something else, e.g. a static mesh

Comment

Most outdoor scenes look a lot darker for surfaces in the shade. That may be due to Skylight Stationary not being supported. The results are the same no matter Skylight is set to Static, Stationary or Moveable before building the lightmass. I did some manual compensation by setting Indirect Lighting Intensity for Skylight to 2. Interior scenes all look great and the building time is much shorter.

Comment

Hi, after I installed 4.21.1 the Situx installer doesn't find UE anymore. Anyone else has experienced this problem?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marcatzeri View Post
                Hi, after I installed 4.21.1 the Situx installer doesn't find UE anymore. Anyone else has experienced this problem?
                All good over here, on 4.21.1. However that doesn't mean much

Can you tell me (screenshoot would be great) what do you have in the following registry leaf? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EpicGames\Unreal Engine\4.21

Technology Officer
                Magma3D

Comment

Thanks a ton Luoshuang, got a nice quality render in 45 minutes with a Titan X, that would have taken probably day or more with a top of the line CPU.

Heres my results from few months back finally got around to uploading it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqwXFrqS7SQ

Comment

Hi! Please tell me how to get rid of noise and stains on the walls when using GPULightmass. Unreal 4.21.1
                    Help, please ! Click image for larger version

Name:	48416147_208516626700462_170888059989000192_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1564539

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

All good over here, on 4.21.1. However that doesn't mean much

Can you tell me (screenshoot would be great) what do you have in the following registry leaf? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EpicGames\Unreal Engine\4.21
                      This is strange, I guess I have to reinstall 4.21
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marcatzeri View Post

This is strange, I guess I have to reinstall 4.21
                        Seems like it... maybe you stroke a bug within Epic launcher?
                        Technology Officer
                        Magma3D

Comment

To save hard drive space, I cleaned up my DataCache folder and expected to re-compile all shaders again. But in some scenes, shaders were not correctly rebuilt and there are random black blotches or darkened faces. I cannot even fix that by rebuilding light. Did anyone experience the same issue? I need to copy and read a project on a different machine and that problem may be a roadblock

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post
                            I made a script that will automatically download and install GPULightmass on your binary installation folder, perform a batch of checks to avoid issues (like nvidia driver version and TdrDelay), and allow to change GPU bake quality among fast, medium, high, extreme, without the need to restart Unreal.

If it helps someone, just give me a "Like" below.

UPDATE 12/11/2018: Now updated to work with 4.21 (Unified Settings). Allows to chage settings on the fly between different BaseLightmap.ini configurations.

Now on GitHub: https://github.com/sgeraldes/LightmassConfiguration/

DIRECT DOWNLOAD to the latest version: LightmassConfiguration.zip

Instructions:
                            1. unzip LightmassConfiguration.zip to any folder (empty folder is better).
                            2. double click the .bat file and follow the instructions
                            What it does:
                            • The script will download GPU lightmass 4.20.2 from the OP into the same folder, backup CPU Lightmass for you, and install GPU on your choosen quality level.
                            • It features an undo or "Restore CPU Lightmass" option.
                            • On-the-fly switch of GPU Lightmass with UnrealEd running (no need to restart unreal).
                            • It works with 4.21, but can easily be adapted for 4.20x and 4.19.x if needed by adjusting a few parameters inside the file (just edit with Notepad and change UnrealVersion variable to 4.20 or 4.19.
                            What it does not:
                            • Brew you some coffee
                            Requirements:
                            • Windows 10 (not tested in earlier versions, may work but no guarantees)
                            • Admin privileges
                            The script has the following features:
                            1. Show you the version of Nvidia drivers running (and any other display driver that's running, i.e.: Intel HD) and warn if not sufficient
                            2. Check if you have TDR settings as recommended, IF NOT: the script will ask you to do the changes for you (optional)
                            3. Allows changing GPU Lightmass quality settings (fast preview, medium, high-ultra, extreme) without needing to restart unreal.
                            4. Backup CPU lightmass for you and give you the option to go restore it later
                            5. It will override BaseLightmass.ini on your Unreal folder (it will first backup in the zip archive the version you have and allow to restore at will).
                            6. Checks if GPU Lightmass is installed, if not...
                              • Download the latest version of GPU Lightmass for you from Luoshuang's links
                              • Download 7Z.exe to quickly backup and perform decompression of the files in the archives
                              • Finds the installation directory of Unreal, and unzip the files there according to the quality you select (will prompt you for it)
                            7. If UnrealEd is running, the script will disable the option to change GPU and CPU lightmass as it needs to access files that are in use to do so.
                            Please note: The script will give an error while copying when trying to change the quality settings with Unreal Ed running. That's perfectly fine, the file is just been copied over to be sure it remains the same. I guess I could just copy GPULightmassKernel.dll instead of the whole bunch, but I just think it works as-is just fine. The copy of a single will fail but GPU Lightmass will work the same.

Also note: the script can't change from CPU to GPU lightmass while the Unreal Editor is running, so the script will check for that and disable the option accordingly.

The only file that has the changes for quality, and the only file that is in any way different between the different packs, is GPULightmassKernel.dll (I did a binary compare of each file to be sure).

Screenshot:

Spoiler

UPDATE 12/11/2018: New Version 0.3.2. Updated to work with UnrealEd 4.21 (Unified Settings). Allows to chage settings on the fly between different BaseLightmap.ini configurations.
                            UPDATE 09/23/2018: Version 0.3.1 It now works with UnrealEd 4.20.3 and GPU Lightmass Unified Settings. Also created a menu to change Unified Settings quality choosing from the different presets. Fixed a bug with backup of CPU Lightmass that may not keep folder structure in the zip archive.
                            UPDATE 09/22/2018: It currently works with up-to 4.20.2 as binary distributions for GPU Lightmass 4.20.3 are not available. The installer doesn't work either with Unified Settings, so I'm working on a new installer to work exclusively with it.
                            UPDATE 08/23/2018 v0.2: Modified to allow easier updates of the engine. Fixed some bugs. better detection of some parameters and added a fail-safe in case it fails.TDR settings now in decimal instead of hexa .
                            UPDATE 08/23/2018 v0.2.1: The script now actually checks for driver version and warns the user if the driver does not meet the requirement.
                            I cannot back up CPU lightmass. I run your script after a fresh reinstallation of UE4.21.1, I chose option 1 for CPU lightmass backup, and I got "command line error" and nothing else...

Comment

Building a new PC to use this plugin(currently using AMD card) and considering 1080ti or 2080ti? Any advise?

Comment

Get a 2080ti if you will want to play with the DXR features rolling out over the next few months.

Comment

Working...
                                X