Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeeHokken View Post

Hello,

I was wondering if you are planning to make an update for 4.21?

Thanks
    I don't have access to GitHub from work, unfortunately, but I'll take a look at it tonight.
    Technology Officer
    Magma3D

Comment

Anyone encountered this? Happens on one of my larger maps.
      Attached Files
      Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
      Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
      |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

I just installed and tried GPU Lightmass for the first time with 4.21.
        Speed and quality are great, but my result is much darker than with the CPU baker. It is as if less GI bounces are computed. I tried increasing the indirect lighting contribution of the lights without any difference in the result. Bounces in the lightmass settings are set to 100.
        Also I get a lot of errors in the lightmaps when setting any rectangle light to stationary. Only when setting it to static the bake works fine.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
          Time to get a GPU with more VRAM ! I also got this error on big archviz projects (multiple houses and buildings). Happens when swarm unloads everything in the memory of your GPU : if you dont have enough, the baker crashes with this error.
          Antoine Guillo, FR
          Virtual Reality Designer
          https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DIO_666 View Post
            Speed and quality are great, but my result is much darker than with the CPU baker. It is as if less GI bounces are computed. I tried increasing the indirect lighting contribution of the lights without any difference in the result. Bounces in the lightmass settings are set to 100.
            Also I get a lot of errors in the lightmaps when setting any rectangle light to stationary. Only when setting it to static the bake works fine.
            Try to increase the FireflyClampingThreshold in the BaseLightmass.ini in the engine\config folder from 10 to 50 or 100. Be aware that since you increase the threshold you might need to increase samples as well to get a clean result.
            ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post

Try to increase the FireflyClampingThreshold in the BaseLightmass.ini in the engine\config folder from 10 to 50 or 100. Be aware that since you increase the threshold you might need to increase samples as well to get a clean result.
              Thanks! I´ll check it out! I already increased the samples in the BaseLightmass.ini and the results were great. I got a better quality in 10 minutes on my 1080ti than in almost two hours on my CPU.
              But I didn´t touch the fireflyClampingThreshold until now, because I didn´t know what it was for.

Comment

Originally posted by DIO_666 View Post
                Thats funny, for me GPU luightmass is like 10 x brighter than the simple CPU lightmass. I was using 300 lumen lights and i had to put them down to 30 lumen to match my old results.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
                  For me, it helped to change MappingSurfaceCacheDownsampleFactor to 4 or even 8 value in BaseLightmass.ini

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

I don't have access to GitHub from work, unfortunately, but I'll take a look at it tonight.
                    Done, updated for 4.21
                    Technology Officer
                    Magma3D

Comment

Luoshuang just thought I'd pop in to say thanks for all your work! GPULightmass is amazin' and I'm using it for everything I don't need HLOD clusters for. Saving me a huge amount of time.
                      Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                      Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                      |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Luoshuang hey ! Awesome work on the 4.21 release, GPULM is a tool we cant work without

I just got this error after trying to bake lights on datasmith model, wonder why it happens on this one only ? (also the first time I see a primitiveCount >0 error)

Cheers !
                        Antoine
                        Antoine Guillo, FR
                        Virtual Reality Designer
                        https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post
                          Luoshuang hey ! Awesome work on the 4.21 release, GPULM is a tool we cant work without

I just got this error after trying to bake lights on datasmith model, wonder why it happens on this one only ? (also the first time I see a primitiveCount >0 error)

Cheers !
                          Antoine
                          Same here. I get no error though, it just stops the baking. Works in empty scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post
                            I made a script that will automatically download and install GPULightmass on your binary installation folder, perform a batch of checks to avoid issues (like nvidia driver version and TdrDelay), and allow to change GPU bake quality among fast, medium, high, extreme, without the need to restart Unreal.

If it helps someone, just give me a "Like" below.

UPDATE 12/11/2018: Now updated to work with 4.21 (Unified Settings). Allows to chage settings on the fly between different BaseLightmap.ini configurations.
                            Thank you so much...

Comment

Millions thanks to Loushuang and Situx Your life time saver the scripts you made woks perfectly on my RTX gpu My job work flow become easier faster ,I can baked project very fast and I can switch the quality settings without restarting unreal ,..

Thanks Again.,

Comment

I receive an Unspecified Launch Error when GPULightmass on radiosity cache 3/xyz

Comment

Working...
                                X