X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thundermax1979 View Post
    Thanks Luoshuang.

Now its working on my RTX card now,.

Its also possible to support 4.19 version with same rtx card?
    hi what gpu do u have? can u test it rtx bake performance? any benchmark pascal(1080 ti) vs turing(2080 ti) on bake time?

just find the results on here. https://render.otoy.com/octanebench/...r=&singleGPU=1

increased cuda cores need to make a difference or?
    Last edited by Nocturness; 12-04-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWintergreen View Post
      Anyone else able to repro HLOD lighting not working?
      Hlod's turn black for me in the 4.21 version. Several pages ago Luoshuang already mentioned he was working on many changes regarding (h)lods. I guess he disabled those modules altogether for this temporary 4.21 version - until he's done with those changes (4.22?).

Comment

Thanks for the repro! That's a bummer for my project. Hope it works in the next version!
        Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
        Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
        |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Thx for 4.21 version!
          In editor baking works fine, but... when I try to bake lights from Windows Command line I am getting sudden crash...

My log:

[2018.12.04-13.15.13:166][ 0]LogStreaming: Display: Took 0.015s to InitEngineTextLocalization.
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error:
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: Fatal error!
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd22ff80c0 UE4Editor-WindowsMixedRealityHMD.dll!UnknownFunction []
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd248c2602 UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd248cc2ab UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd454cf815 UE4Editor-RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd454d8939 UE4Editor-RHI.dll!UnknownFunction []
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff64075cd67 UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff640755783 UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6407559ea UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff6407648da UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff64076584e UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!UnknownFunction []
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd77ec3034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
          [2018.12.04-13.15.14:789][ 0]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd78141471 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

Can anyone confirm that issue?

Comment

Luoshuang, yesterday Nvidia announced new Titan RTX. How can you compare it with Titan V and which one will be better for GPU Lightmass? Titan V is stronger in FP32, but Titan RTX in FP64 and other specs. What is more important for GPU lightmass?

And second question, Titan RTX has NvidiaLink support, do you have plans to implement it? Previously you said that SLI will not be supported, but maybe NvidiaLink is more important?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Luoshuang thank you so much for your hard work. Finally with the turing support the lightmass is baking at 1Grays/s. Just one PC is now faster then previously 6 computers using swarm with CPU lightmass. This will save tens of hours. Awesome job!

Comment

Originally posted by ldo View Post
                Luoshuang, yesterday Nvidia announced new Titan RTX. How can you compare it with Titan V and which one will be better for GPU Lightmass? Titan V is stronger in FP32, but Titan RTX in FP64 and other specs. What is more important for GPU lightmass?

And second question, Titan RTX has NvidiaLink support, do you have plans to implement it? Previously you said that SLI will not be supported, but maybe NvidiaLink is more important?

Thanks in advance.
                Originally posted by Caroo View Post
                Luoshuang thank you so much for your hard work. Finally with the turing support the lightmass is baking at 1Grays/s. Just one PC is now faster then previously 6 computers using swarm with CPU lightmass. This will save tens of hours. Awesome job!
                While GPULightmass supports Turing cards now, it is not using hardware ray tracing (RTX). Instead it uses the traditional CUDA cores. The reason why I choose to do so is to support RTX the architecture of GPULightmass must be fully rewritten and will not be compatible with old cards unless I keep two ray tracing engine in the code base (the DXR fallback layer is horribly slow and MS have abandoned it)

Comment

Is there some way to get the 4.20.3 version?

Comment

The 4.20.2 version should be compatible. The minor updates generally shouldn't break things.

Comment

Working perfectly on the Titan V! Thanks a million!

Comment

when will be available for 4.21.1??? pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

The 4.21 version works fine in 4.21.1, I am using it now.
                          Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Hello Luoshuang !!

Needed your opinion on something. So as you might know recently Nvidia launched the RTX Titan 24 GB graphics card. Now given that money's not an issue, should I buy the RTX 6000 which costs twice as more than the RTX Titan or should I go with the RTX Titan because their specs are literally the same !!

I work in real estate and do Architectural Visualization demos. So GPU rendering is of huge importance to me.

Please let me know what's the difference between these two cards and which one is best for GPU rendering based Arch Viz demos.

Also, would I benefit from two RTX Titans using SLI and can Unreal use memory from both cards or it's just core sharing?

Your elaborate comments will really be appreciated !!

Comment

Originally posted by FareedMasood View Post
                              Hello Luoshuang !!

Needed your opinion on something. So as you might know recently Nvidia launched the RTX Titan 24 GB graphics card. Now given that money's not an issue, should I buy the RTX 6000 which costs twice as more than the RTX Titan or should I go with the RTX Titan because their specs are literally the same !!

I work in real estate and do Architectural Visualization demos. So GPU rendering is of huge importance to me.

Please let me know what's the difference between these two cards and which one is best for GPU rendering based Arch Viz demos.

Also, would I benefit from two RTX Titans using SLI and can Unreal use memory from both cards or it's just core sharing?

Your elaborate comments will really be appreciated !!
                              Hi, please don't be too lazy and try to read what I asked Luoshuang coupe posts ago! And here is his answer:

While GPULightmass supports Turing cards now, it is not using hardware ray tracing (RTX). Instead it uses the traditional CUDA cores. The reason why I choose to do so is to support RTX the architecture of GPULightmass must be fully rewritten and will not be compatible with old cards unless I keep two ray tracing engine in the code base (the DXR fallback layer is horribly slow and MS have abandoned it)
                              AFAIK, SLI is not and will be not supported. NVLink is still an open quesiton. GPU Lightmass using for now only CUDA cores, so new Titan RTX meanwhile will not be using for 100%, but 24 GB VRAM is very important for us, so probably it will be better investment for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post
                                I made a script that will automatically download and install GPULightmass on your binary installation folder, perform a batch of checks to avoid issues (like nvidia driver version and TdrDelay), and allow to change GPU bake quality among fast, medium, high, extreme, without the need to restart Unreal.

If it helps someone, just give me a "Like" below.

UPDATE 09/23/2018: Version 0.3.1 It now works with UnrealEd 4.20.3 and GPU Lightmass Unified Settings. Also created a menu to change Unified Settings quality choosing from the different presets. Fixed a bug with backup of CPU Lightmass that may not keep folder structure in the zip archive.

Now on GitHub: https://github.com/sgeraldes/LightmassConfiguration/

DIRECT DOWNLOAD to the latest version: LightmassConfiguration.zip

Instructions:
                                1. unzip LightmassConfiguration.zip to any folder (empty folder is better).
                                2. double click the .bat file and follow the instructions
                                What it does:
                                • The script will download GPU lightmass 4.20.2 from the OP into the same folder, backup CPU Lightmass for you, and install GPU on your choosen quality level.
                                • It features an undo or "Restore CPU Lightmass" option.
                                • On-the-fly switch of GPU Lightmass with UnrealEd running (no need to restart unreal).
                                • It works with 4.20, but can easily be adapted for 4.19.x if needed by adjusting a few parameters inside the file (just edit with Notepad).
                                What it does not:
                                • Brew you some coffee
                                Requirements:
                                • Windows 10 (not tested in earlier versions, may work but no guarantees)
                                • Admin privileges
                                The script has the following features:
                                1. Show you the version of Nvidia drivers running (and any other display driver that's running, i.e.: Intel HD) and warn if not sufficient
                                2. Check if you have TDR settings as recommended, IF NOT: the script will ask you to do the changes for you (optional)
                                3. Allows changing GPU Lightmass quality settings (fast preview, medium, high-ultra, extreme) without needing to restart unreal.
                                4. Backup CPU lightmass for you and give you the option to go restore it later
                                5. It will override BaseLightmass.ini on your Unreal folder (it will first backup in the zip archive the version you have and allow to restore at will).
                                6. Checks if GPU Lightmass is installed, if not...
                                  • Download the latest version of GPU Lightmass for you from Luoshuang's links
                                  • Download 7Z.exe to quickly backup and perform decompression of the files in the archives
                                  • Finds the installation directory of Unreal, and unzip the files there according to the quality you select (will prompt you for it)
                                7. If UnrealEd is running, the script will disable the option to change GPU and CPU lightmass as it needs to access files that are in use to do so.
                                Please note: The script will give an error while copying when trying to change the quality settings with Unreal Ed running. That's perfectly fine, the file is just been copied over to be sure it remains the same. I guess I could just copy GPULightmassKernel.dll instead of the whole bunch, but I just think it works as-is just fine. The copy of a single will fail but GPU Lightmass will work the same.

Also note: the script can't change from CPU to GPU lightmass while the Unreal Editor is running, so the script will check for that and disable the option accordingly.

The only file that has the changes for quality, and the only file that is in any way different between the different packs, is GPULightmassKernel.dll (I did a binary compare of each file to be sure).

Screenshot:

Spoiler

UPDATE 09/22/2018: It currently works with up-to 4.20.2 as binary distributions for GPU Lightmass 4.20.3 are not available. The installer doesn't work either with Unified Settings, so I'm working on a new installer to work exclusively with it.
                                UPDATE 08/23/2018 v0.2: Modified to allow easier updates of the engine. Fixed some bugs. better detection of some parameters and added a fail-safe in case it fails.TDR settings now in decimal instead of hexa .
                                UPDATE 08/23/2018 v0.2.1: The script now actually checks for driver version and warns the user if the driver does not meet the requirement.
                                Hello,

I was wondering if you are planning to make an update for 4.21?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X