No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luoshuang, how does lightmap resolution work differently in GPU Lightmass versus the old CPU version? I've noticed that doubling it does not make my render time 2x2=4 times as long; I also thought that you said that surfaces reflect more light if they have a higher resolution. Would you be able to briefly describe, I've been experimenting and am not totally sure what I'm seeing at different resolutions. The speed of GPU makes it easier to test, though.
    Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Originally posted by PMcKenzie2004 View Post
      Luoshuang, how does lightmap resolution work differently in GPU Lightmass versus the old CPU version? I've noticed that doubling it does not make my render time 2x2=4 times as long; I also thought that you said that surfaces reflect more light if they have a higher resolution. Would you be able to briefly describe, I've been experimenting and am not totally sure what I'm seeing at different resolutions. The speed of GPU makes it easier to test, though.
      If your render time is not square-proportional, your scene may be CPU-bottlenecked. You can consider send me your scene for me to investigate, since CPU perf issue is what im doin for th next version.

Comment

I will. It's a Datasmith scene, I will clean up and message you with a Dropbox or similar link in a day or so. Thanks.

Some of the materials are Allegorithmic's, I will have to replace those with Epic's (don't need a note from their lawyers...).
        Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post

Are you using the 4.21 version that was just added?
          Yes Im using 4.21 but not working its error.,

Comment

Were there an update regarding the engine modification required for 4.21 source version to work?
            Using latest 4.21 from Unreal repository i have errors on my side.

Thanks Luoshuang !
            LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by MaximumDup View Post
              Were there an update regarding the engine modification required for 4.21 source version to work?
              Using latest 4.21 from Unreal repository i have errors on my side.

Thanks Luoshuang !
              I've uploaded a 4.21.0 version in the main post, you may have a try (haven't fully tested, just cherry-picked from my 4.21.0 branch)

Comment

Hi every one
                Is there any chance to work with Stationary Sky light?
                becoz I have an exterior&interior scene together and I wanna sky light photons go to the inside of my house !

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

I've uploaded a 4.21.0 version in the main post, you may have a try (haven't fully tested, just cherry-picked from my 4.21.0 branch)
                  EngineModification4.21.0.zip working perfectly now.

Thanks Luoshuang !
                  LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Does GPUlightmass work with lightmass portal actor?
                    Also does the number of sky lighting bounces have any effect?

Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

Could someone tell me, what I'm doing wrong? I have a single scene with an interior and exterior, mostly with Datasmith geometry and shaders, and textures resized by hand between 512-1024px res. At some point, the light build stopped even through the console. At the moment I have around 220 items in the scene for which you need to build a light. During the calculation of bounces, the memory of my GTX 1060 is loaded at about 4.9-5.2gb out of 6, but after last bounce pass, I've always get that "out of memory" error. Hom many VRAM do I need more for the next step? Or this is impossible to get away from that, for now? I'm using gpu lightmass for UE 4.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by KTRN View Post
                        Could someone tell me, what I'm doing wrong? I have a single scene with an interior and exterior, mostly with Datasmith geometry and shaders, and textures resized by hand between 512-1024px res. At some point, the light build stopped even through the console. At the moment I have around 220 items in the scene for which you need to build a light. During the calculation of bounces, the memory of my GTX 1060 is loaded at about 4.9-5.2gb out of 6, but after last bounce pass, I've always get that "out of memory" error. Hom many VRAM do I need more for the next step? Or this is impossible to get away from that, for now? I'm using gpu lightmass for UE 4.20.3
                        For GPUs with low VRAM amounts, try to keep your lightmap resolutions to 512 and lower.
                        Antoine Guillo, FR
                        Virtual Reality Designer
                        https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post

For GPUs with low VRAM amounts, try to keep your lightmap resolutions to 512 and lower.
                          Yeah, I've done it. For biggest parts, I've got 256 or even 128px, but I need to understand how many percents of free VRAM do I need after that bounce passes because if it's not fitting into my limits, that's kinda sad. There is not much to optimize in my scene already. And then, somehow, after all, my scene had been baked before, but the changes in it were not so many. Literally added a couple of new items. Perhaps it makes sense to combine some meshes, like these cabinets, into one, but they have so small lightmap rez already.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	1558559
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by KTRN; 12-03-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Oh, and If it's possible, maybe I can swap some rendering process on another GPU? I tried setting up swarm connection with another PC, with GTX 960 4gb, but looks like it's not taking much of processing, and it's VRAM definitely not used, resting at 0,2gb of load
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Luoshuang.

Now its working on my RTX card now,.

Its also possible to support 4.19 version with same rtx card?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X