No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks Luoshuang your truly a big help to the community,..

Comment

Thanks a lot for the 2.21 version Luoshuang! Would be interesting to see a direct comparison between 1080ti and 2080ti. Although without specific optimization for the Turing architecture, I doubt there will be a huge gap.
      ArtStation

Comment

Thank you for 4.21, now I can move my projects to it. Hopefully this forum isn't driving you insane with demands on this spare-time project
        Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Just noticed I was pasting GPU lightmass files in the wrong directory all along. Now I'm experiencing the power of GPU lightmass and it's amazing. Can't wait for the new version you're working on!

Comment

Trying for the first time GPU lightmass, ouh boy is this a awesome tool...
            I have two questions about GPU lightmass... two problems or issues not sure how to call them.

1. The first two or three times i have used GPU lightmass it took me like 5 to 6 mins for a whole scene to bake, than out of the blue without changing anything it takes now 11 to 15 mins. Not sure what has actually more than doubled my baking time.

2. Pointlights, Spotlights and directional lights are way more strong with GPU lightmass, is that right ? I used a view 300 lumen lights in my scene "CPU lightmass" since GPU lightmass i need to put them on 25 to 30 and even than the scene is much brighter than before. Has something changed in the light intensity or light bounce with GPU lightmass ?

And again, amazing tool, many thanks for that!
            Last edited by A-J-K; 11-30-2018, 12:22 AM.

Comment

I have a simple question.
              I'd like to know what settings are available from the lightmass rollout in the world settings while using the gpuLightmass. And if nothing from there is actually used in the gpuLightmass, I'd like to know what other settings do I need to tweak to get better quality.

Thanks

Comment

I'm having an issue here. After I bake the lighting I'm getting followed by litteral darkness, as you can see on the bottom of the screen. However, I can still see the floor.

And when I launch the game, the floor is pitch black (different from viewport).

Comment

Holy c r a p , what a great news today Thanks Luoshuang, was unexpected
                  LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Fixed my issue, it wasn't related to GPU lightmass. My floor was a single big chunk, so the UVs were all over the place.

Comment

question i have not kept up to date with this for a while. Does this support LODS and espeacially HLODs?

Comment

It appears not to support HLODs - correct me if I'm wrong Luoshuang. Since switching to GPULightmass my HLODs are showing up black.
                        Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                        Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                        |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Hi Luoshuang Its notworking on my rtx video card,..?

Comment

Originally posted by thundermax1979 View Post

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
                            Based on popular demands I've uploaded a 4.21.0 compatible version. It also supports new Turing cards, but not using hardware ray tracing..

Are you using the 4.21 version that was just added?

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post

Are you using the 4.21 version that was just added?
                              I was hoping that the new version would fix issues with the Titan V but no luck on that either.

Comment

Originally posted by AndreElijah View Post

I was hoping that the new version would fix issues with the Titan V but no luck on that either.
                                Originally posted by thundermax1979 View Post
                                ​​​​I managed to get another machine, performed some tests and I confirmed some issues. I've uploaded a new version, you can have a try
                                Last edited by Luoshuang; 12-01-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X