Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luoshuang

Is there any chance we can get 4.21 update with current features of GPULightmass 4.20.x before "all-new" 4.21 update ? I, as I am sure many others, would love to get all that performance boost and new features of vanilla UE 4.21 and be able to build beautiful lighting in no time using GPULightmass.

Comment

Luoshuang! Luoshuang! Luoshuang!
      Last edited by Stereoimage; 11-27-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

This Work in UE 4.21 ?

Comment

Any progress with RTX cards? My PC still freezes.

Comment

Ue 4.21 plz plz plz plz

Comment

Hi Luoshguang, thanx for the incredible work. The GPU based baking is very efficiant and heklps me a lot.

One question i have: At the moment i dont get baked shadows from translucent material (on a static object) from a static skylight (hdri) with gpu baking. Only if I inlcude a direction light, its possible for me to generate translucent shadows from these kind of materials. Without directional light, the objects only (!) recieve shadows, but dont cast shadows.

What Im doing wrong or is this a general issue?

thank you and keep up the good work
              ron

Comment

One quick question if someone can help answer.

With the RTX cards we should be able to preview lightmap baking or so I understood from the Gameworks Ray Tracing Demo but will we still need to bake the lightmaps on CPU or will the GPU do that? We might end up with different results then seen in the preview if the CPU does the lightmap baking, right?

I need to know if it's worth investing in a good CPU worth £1000 or just wait for 4.22 to come and just get an RTX card which I'll do anyways.

Thanks.

Comment

RTX cards might maybe be able one day to preview lightmaps in real-time, possibly, if Epic makes it a real feature in the release editor. It's not official and I don't think we know exactly how it will work if it's made official. GPU Lightmass is an alternative tool for offline baking on the GPU, it doesn't render the same as regular Lightmass, and is also not official.

Right now, for production on a game that you're doing today, regular Lightmass is the only thing you can count on, so CPU.
                  Helium Rain, a realistic space opera

Comment

Originally posted by ron25 View Post
                    Hi Luoshguang, thanx for the incredible work. The GPU based baking is very efficiant and heklps me a lot.

One question i have: At the moment i dont get baked shadows from translucent material (on a static object) from a static skylight (hdri) with gpu baking. Only if I inlcude a direction light, its possible for me to generate translucent shadows from these kind of materials. Without directional light, the objects only (!) recieve shadows, but dont cast shadows.

What Im doing wrong or is this a general issue?

thank you and keep up the good work
                    ron
                    There's known limitation with GPULightmass's ray tracer about translucent (GI) shadows. If this becomes popular I may consider adding an alternative path for it, but definitely comes at a not-so-small perf impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

There's known limitation with GPULightmass's ray tracer about translucent (GI) shadows. If this becomes popular I may consider adding an alternative path for it, but definitely comes at a not-so-small perf impact.
                      Thanks Luoshuang for the quick answer.
                      Maybe i got it wrong, but at the moment im trying to get a baked shadow from a static (!) skylight (hdri) out of a translucent mesh with a translucent material set up (like explained in the unreal docs). only with direct lights i can generate shadowing. with image based skylight rendering there is none.
                      Think about a hall with a glas with 50% opacity roof with metal strives, which should have a baked lighting by a static skylight hdri. at the moment the scene is lit, like there is no shaded roof top.

another question is the apperiances of these black splotches. although the uv maps for lightmaps are correct, after "merging" meshes, every identical mesh although on a individual position, has the the same form of a splotch. are there informations, how to avoid these?

thank you so much and greetings from europe
                      Last edited by ron25; 11-28-2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

4.21 for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Stereoimage View Post
                          4.21 for Christmas
                          Would be nice to get it almost right after 4.21.1 hotfix (release of which might happen next week)

Comment

Based on popular demands I've uploaded a 4.21.0 compatible version. It also supports new Turing cards, but not using hardware ray tracing.

EDIT: There was a quality bug in the first version, if you downloaded it before seeing this edit please update.
                            EDIT2: I forgot to disable debugging mode and it was slower, now this is fixed and you may want to update.
                            Last edited by Luoshuang; 11-29-2018, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Yes !
                              thanks for that
                              http://pixel.network

Comment

Amazing news, thanks for the update!

Comment

Working...
                                X