No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, great tools faster lightmass calculation, but im having problem with my shadows caused some kind artifact. Can someone help me cant figure out whats wrong.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by madebyfly View Post
      Hi, great tools faster lightmass calculation, but im having problem with my shadows caused some kind artifact. Can someone help me cant figure out whats wrong.
      Change the directional light's mobility to Static, and increase lightmap resolution on the ground.
      Jefferson Pinheiro

Comment

Work in progress using GPU Lightmass. 1.5 hours on extreme settings.
        Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Luoshuang Do you plan to support 4.21.0? Any ETA for this? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristof Dely View Post
            Luoshuang Do you plan to support 4.21.0? Any ETA for this? Thanks.
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...84#post1550984

Comment

I’m sure it’s a pain in the *** but it would really nice to get your 4.20 version lightmass for 4.21 I would really like to use some of unreal studio features for 4.21

Comment

I'm keen for a 4.21 version as well, even without any overhaul/new features
                Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Sometimes have some annoying black splotches.
                  I use GPU Lightmass Unified Settings.
                  Luoshuang could you help me somehow ?
                  (Look at the elevator net fence.)
                  Attached Files
                  https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

Originally posted by Muchasty View Post
                    Sometimes have some annoying black splotches.
                    I use GPU Lightmass Unified Settings.
                    Luoshuang could you help me somehow ?
                    (Look at the elevator net fence.)
                    This is likely to be a known issue with the current version, if it is possible you can send me the scene (potentially simplified) and I'll test whether the next version has the same problem - it is supposed to be fixed.

Comment

I will send you whole scene cuz I do not know what causes that problem ...it is only a few GIGs ... maybe less after migration to empty project.
                      Thank you!

Comment

Luoshuang email with link sent to your email.

Comment

Muchasty

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00000.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	1556647

I think I can say that the problem is high likely gone in the new version. (High likely, not definitely, because material support hasn't been port over. You'll also see some lighting difference due to that)
                          Last edited by Luoshuang; 11-27-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks! When do you roughly plan to release new version of the GPU Lightmass ?

Comment

Luoshuang Did you think ab sth like a bias for the energy of bounced photons to give more soften light to the darker parts of the image ?
                              Some kind of GI that is more perceptual than photorealistic.
                              For example when you have a room with small window most of the energy concentrates at the area of wall near that window. But it would be nice to push that photons further without overpowering the window near walls area. Many people like that kind of clean, softly lighten visualizations.Something like V-Ray can give.
                              Maybe it is possible now with the GPU Lighmass and Baseligthmass.ini but I do not understand all that options inside.

Comment

Thanks! When do you roughly plan to release new version of the GPU Lightmass ?
                                Probably several months later, if it takes too long I'll release an 'upgraded' current version.

Did you think ab sth like a bias for the energy of bounced photons to give more soften light to the darker parts of the image ?
                                Some kind of GI that is more perceptual than photorealistic.
                                For example when you have a room with small window most of the energy concentrates at the area of wall near that window. But it would be nice to push that photons further without overpowering the window near walls area. Many people like that kind of clean, softly lighten visualizations.Something like V-Ray can give.
                                Maybe it is possible now with the GPU Lighmass and Baseligthmass.ini but I do not understand all that options inside.
                                Looks like it is somthing I can consider as 'non-physically based GI falloff'.
                                Also, are you using the default ACES tonemapper without tweaking the 'toe' param? It is 'infamous' for darkening too much

Comment

Working...
                                X