No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see with what you'll come up with the overhaul!

Comment

Originally posted by pxlntwrk View Post

GPULightmassIntegration-4.20.2-UnifiedSettings works well here with 4.20.3

thanks for ur share!!
      Tcimage3d Studio
      Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
      Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
      Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

Comment

Hi guys,
        I would like to share my works done with Luos Huang's GPULightmass.
        Big thanks to Lous Huang for giving us this amazing tool which speed up the workflow and delivre a incredible results.

Here is the clip : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CeH-CS0m98&t=1s

Cuong PHAM
        ----------------------
        Infographiste 3D
        Attached Files

Comment

Some of my work using this GPU lightmass. I only modeled the house.
          Attached Files
          System
          ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
          Artwork thread

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
            I think I can add it to my plan.
            Thanks, I think it would be beneficial overall (let's say GPU goes down and people still need to work on the project while waiting on the new GPU)

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
            Also an interesting thing is that according to my measurement GPULightmass is actually 25~50x faster than CPU regarding indirect lighting sampling. However there is a lot of work that is still done by CPU (namely Signed Distance Field shadowmap calculation). So one purpose of this overhaul is to move these to GPU too. If someone has been already experiencing this problem (very low GPU execution time compare to total baking time) maybe can consider sending the scene to me to investigate.
            So, does it mean that 50% performance drop in simple scenes using GPULightmass is still going to be a way faster than building lighting for the same simple scenes on CPU ?

Comment

Does anyone know why i get this circle artifact in my point light when i switched to GPU light-mass? Didn't have this issue in CPU light-mass, i am using 4.20.

Comment

Thank you Luoshuang..

Comment

4.21 Update!!! Please!!

Is it hard Luoshuang to update to a a new versio of UE4?

Comment

Originally posted by oversky View Post
                    4.21 Update!!! Please!!

Is it hard Luoshuang to update to a a new versio of UE4?
                    https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...84#post1550984

Comment

I have a problem, when using a static direct light movable objects don't cast a shadow after baking, Help please.

Comment

Static lights don't cast dynamic shadows. You need to use a stationary light.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
                          Static lights don't cast dynamic shadows. You need to use a stationary light.
                          thanks! I’m new in Unreal so I’m learning and I wasn’t aware of this

Comment

Originally posted by ScronnyLanks View Post
                            Does anyone know why i get this circle artifact in my point light when i switched to GPU light-mass? Didn't have this issue in CPU light-mass, i am using 4.20.

Comment

unfortunately this is how works point light with length with GPU Lightmass. Better use rect light.
                              https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

hi guys,

i know this irrelevant with this topic but;

GPU baker amazing feature but we need proper Realtime GI solution. i have some experiment on unity and result awesome(prebaked realtime lightmaps with reflection probe support) .

but unity using clustering phase on CPU ( per object lightmap resolution max 150x150 ish). if we got this feature in unreal within processing GPU (and unlocked lightmap resolution size) this will be really amazing.

Last edited by Nocturness; 11-17-2018, 11:08 AM.
                                Amberify Asset Pack | UE4.18 / 4.24
                                Neonfiy Asset Pack | UE4.18 / 4.24
                                Kinetica Asset Pack | UE4.23 / 4.24

Comment

Working...
                                X