No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys, i Have same problem here... the first One is CPU Bake. The second One is GPU Bake. I dont Know why is So Black . what did i do is Migrate all Things ( CPU Project ) to GPU Projet. But is so dark. anybody know i solve it ?

Comment

Is anyone else experiencing black areas that affect only dynamic objects after building Volumetric Lightmap? Like this: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ml?sort=oldest

I think I had this since before using GPULightmass, but I figured with so many people working with lighting, I might not be the only one experiencing this.
      Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
      Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post
        Is anyone else experiencing black areas that affect only dynamic objects after building Volumetric Lightmap? Like this: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ml?sort=oldest

I think I had this since before using GPULightmass, but I figured with so many people working with lighting, I might not be the only one experiencing this.
        Happens to me all the time, but it's just a bug of lightmaps not loading (invisible) after bake. You can still save as it's just that the textures are not loading. It's quickly solved by re-loading the level (I use streaming lighting levels), or making the persistent level hidden and visible again (which reloads the level).
        Technology Officer
        Magma3D

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

Happens to me all the time, but it's just a bug of lightmaps not loading (invisible) after bake. You can still save as it's just that the textures are not loading. It's quickly solved by re-loading the level (I use streaming lighting levels), or making the persistent level hidden and visible again (which reloads the level).
          I don't think it's the same bug you're talking about. I see what you described all the time with HISMs. And that's exactly what I do for it to go away. Reload the level.

My problem is that those black areas are affecting dynamic objects and they are always there. In my screenshot, the sphere, cubes and gate are movable. So they are the only ones affected by the Volumetric Lightmap. But there are samples there, enough brick memory and all. I'm trying to isolate the problem on a copy of the project without success so far.

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post

Solved it! Bottom line, the problem was caused by RectLights with width/high set to zero. More details on Answerhub.

Comment

Originally posted by Norman3D View Post

You need to turn on the checkbox in the staticmesh to allow emissive light to contribute to the lighting calculation.
              I always did it. With current GPU lightmass it does not work.
              It work when I show the splotches BUG made by emissive static mesh. But now it seems not work at all.
              Maybe there is some problem after Epic decided to use units for lights?
              Luoshuang please help!
              https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

Originally posted by Muchasty View Post

I always did it. With current GPU lightmass it does not work.
                It work when I show the splotches BUG made by emissive static mesh. But now it seems not work at all.
                Maybe there is some problem after Epic decided to use units for lights?
                Luoshuang please help!
                I've confirmed multiple times that emissive is working in the newest unified settings version. If it doesn't try checking whether it is too bright that it is clamped by the FireflyClampingThreshold. If that is the case raise FireflyClampingThreshold to something like 10000.0

Comment

Hey Luoshuang. Thanks for the continous support and effort you put into GPU lightmass. It's amazing! I wonder, do you have a roadmap for it? I ask because the official lightmass successor is still months away and it would be interesting to know how far you plan to take this. Cheers!
                  ArtStation

Comment

Originally posted by The_Distiller View Post
                    Hey Luoshuang. Thanks for the continous support and effort you put into GPU lightmass. It's amazing! I wonder, do you have a roadmap for it? I ask because the official lightmass successor is still months away and it would be interesting to know how far you plan to take this. Cheers!
                    I've been silent for some time because I'm working on
                    - New lightmap space sampling techniques, which aims at removing jagged shadows around edges / aliased shadows, and being more robust with UVs so that making lightmap UVs would be less demanding
                    - Instancing support and lightmap mipmaps to reduce GPU memory consumption
                    - Proper LOD/HLOD support. I may also implement per-LOD lightmap for (Hierarchical) Instanced Static Mesh Component so foliages can have proper lightmaps

Note that GPULightmass is still my spare time project. At Epic we're working on DXR/realtime raytracing.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

- New lightmap space sampling techniques, which aims at removing jagged shadows around edges / aliased shadows, and being more robust with UVs so that making lightmap UVs would be less demanding
                      - Proper LOD/HLOD support. I may also implement per-LOD lightmap for (Hierarchical) Instanced Static Mesh Component so foliages can have proper lightmaps

Note that GPULightmass is still my spare time project. At Epic we're working on DXR/realtime raytracing.
                      Wow! you are a f** master! love it!! ^_^

Comment

Impressive work! This new GPULightmass will most likely become the standard for less powerful machines.

Also I think I speak for many when I say thank you Luoshuang for giving us something to work with until realtime raytracing arrives.

Keep us updated!

Regards.

Comment

Hi Luoshuang,
                          thank you for sharing your roadmap with us.

I have just couple more questions:
                          1. Any plans of ETA for IES indirect lighting support?
                          2. Same about Multi-GPU rendering, is it really so difficult to implement in GPULightmass?
                          3. Any ETA for official UE4 support of GPU Lightmass?

Thank you.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ue4gpu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1538547
                            is there any way to fix this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	ue4gpu.jpg Views:	1 Size:	117.4 KB ID:	1538545
                            Last edited by Unakain; 10-11-2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unakain View Post
                              is there any way to fix this?
                              Have you tried disabling texture compression in world settings?
                              Technology Officer
                              Magma3D

Comment

​​​​​​ I am not sure if GPU Lightmass using multiple GPU [2 x 980 TI ] on same workstation. I am using swarm agent to distribute anothe workstation which has GTX 1070. Looks like each single card works perfect expect one of the 980 TI. Can someone explain if GPU Lighmass supports multiple graphic cards on the same machine? Thank You!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	1538636Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1538637

Attached Files

Comment

Working...