• Show
Clear All

when will it be aveable for 4.20.3??

Comment

It already is, the .bat installer too.

Comment

Originally posted by Daciansolgen View Post
        when will it be aveable for 4.20.3??
        Same question guys. I accidentally hit the update button and there is no way to turn back

Comment

Originally posted by leducvu View Post

Same question guys. I accidentally hit the update button and there is no way to turn back
          Same answer as above.

4.20.2 and 4.20.3 share the same core, so it's the same binary. You can use the bat installer and it'll do it for you.
          Technology Officer
          Magma3D

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post

hi @Luoshuang
            thanks for last version [ 4.20.2 Unified Settings ]
            its working correctly without sharp shadows
            i enjoy the quality of last version

Click image for larger version Name:	HighresScreenshot00023.jpg Views:	1 Size:	138.5 KB ID:	1533485

the only problem is vram and gpu memory
            how gpu renderers like octane and redshft solved this problem ?
            why we cant share ram or pagefile with gpu lightmass ???
            this looks really nice and clean. if you don't mind what is your lightmass settings ?

Comment

Originally posted by RWMPGASBR View Post

this looks really nice and clean. if you don't mind what is your lightmass settings ?
              You may want to read the first post, lightmass settings other than bounces are ignored by GPU.

This is a downloadable demo scene from the "multi-bounced skylight" thread if you want to try it yourself.
              Technology Officer
              Magma3D

Comment

One thing I'm curious about, the gist I'm getting is that Swarm works just fine with this, but is the scene split up in any way, or will the scene take up equally much vram on any gpu used?
                Like if I've got a scene that takes up 9GB vram, and I can lightmap it just fine on my desktop, would it work in swarm if I also pushed it to a secondary desktop with ~8GB?

After all, the entire scene has to be loaded on each pc, but since there's less work to do ( fewer texels to lightmap, etc, per gpu.) I wonder if the vram usage per pc goes down a bit or not.

edit: I ran a couple tests, and it looks like Vram usage is completely unaffected. Though atleast the servant-pcs use less vram, much like when ordering a lightmap from commandline / without opening the editor.
                Last edited by ax448; 10-02-2018, 12:31 PM. Reason: Added the edit at the end.

Comment

Hi Luoshuang I have to report that in condition of little light even in extreme quality appear these splotches. There is a way to solve them or I have to return to CPU? It's truly a pity because I'm in love with GPU lightmass speed and it's indirect shadows

Comment

Hi. First of all - Lighmass GPU is a miracle. And there is no way back to CPU. It's superfast and clean. I'm doing some personal archviz project - just a small house in a natural environment. I almost finished the house and it looks great (and takes about 5 min on Extreme with my 1080). I started to build environment and i've got some lightmap artifacts on the foliage and other objects. UVs are fine and test CPU bake looks exactly as it should be. Any thoughts?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	gpu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	1535503Click image for larger version

Name:	cpu.jpg
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	1535504
                    Interior test (it shows superiority GPU over CPU - on CPU it would take hours to that quality bake):
                    https://youtu.be/p7mC2onQQsM

Comment

Originally posted by rman1974 View Post
                      Hi. First of all - Lighmass GPU is a miracle. And there is no way back to CPU. It's superfast and clean. I'm doing some personal archviz project - just a small house in a natural environment. I almost finished the house and it looks great (and takes about 5 min on Extreme with my 1080). I started to build environment and i've got some lightmap artifacts on the foliage and other objects. UVs are fine and test CPU bake looks exactly as it should be. Any thoughts?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	gpu.jpg
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	1535503Click image for larger version

Name:	cpu.jpg
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	1535504
                      Interior test (it shows superiority GPU over CPU - on CPU it would take hours to that quality bake):
                      https://youtu.be/p7mC2onQQsM
                      It's most likely because your LODs are poking out. From the OP:

Ray hit rejection by LOD/HLOD hasn't been implemented and you may see black splotches where lower LOD meshes poke out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lhorkan View Post

It's most likely because your LODs are poking out. From the OP:
                        Thanks. You are right about LODs interference. I already figure out it by myself - artefacts looks like all LODs are baked together. Here is a proof - I just deleted all LODs on selected object Click image for larger version

Name:	noLODs.jpg
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	1535960
                        As most people I read OP very quickly and forgot about this issue.

Comment

Did you make the lods yourself OR did you have UE make them? On several objects I dont have problems with HISMs & GPU lightmass when UE makes the lods.

Comment

Hi. I am using the GPU lightmass for about a month now and everything worked just perfectly. Great job thanks a lot for such an improvement. But yesterday I installed the new RTX card and now my PC crashes every time I try to build the lighting. I installed the latest drivers and used the automatic script installer where I passed all the checks so I don't see any obvious problem. I also reinstalled UE4 4.20.3 and cleared the cache in the swarm agent. Any suggestions what could be the problem? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
                              Did you make the lods yourself OR did you have UE make them? On several objects I dont have problems with HISMs & GPU lightmass when UE makes the lods.
                              I've also experienced this, but it doesn't always work. But it got rid of 98% of the cases.

Comment

FIXED!!!!

I was using Nvidia old driver when I had this error. Please update new driver and everything will work smoothly. Thanks Situx.

Originally posted by Situx View Post

Same answer as above.

4.20.2 and 4.20.3 share the same core, so it's the same binary. You can use the bat installer and it'll do it for you.
                                In case you have this error, update driver.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by leducvu; 10-06-2018, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X