No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While CPU Lightmass did better than GPU LIghtmass, it wasn't really any better.

Not quite sure what's going on. Going to mess with faking indirect lighting.

P.S. Strangely enough, it looks better in ES3.1 preview :

Last edited by motorsep; 09-22-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
      While CPU Lightmass did better than GPU LIghtmass, it wasn't really any better.

Not quite sure what's going on. Going to mess with faking indirect lighting.

P.S. Strangely enough, it looks better in ES3.1 preview :

imo this problem has nothing to do with GPU Lightmass. If I had to guess, I'd say your textures are way too dark.
      Double check your textures, here is a guideline of how dark "black" color in PBR textures should look like:
      https://docs.unity3d.com/uploads/Exp..._Materials.pdf

Comment

Seems like I got something going:

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

Direct lighting from static lights is baked by CPU Lightmass which means they are affected by quality level. Try to set quality level to Production and see what happens.
          Does that mean that Direct Lighting from Static lights is also affected by the world settings like Static Lighting Level Scale?
          Technology Officer
          Magma3D

Comment

Every time I start lighting built, Windows keeps asking me if I want to launch Reporter. Even if I uncheck option to ask me every time it launches, I am still being asked. Is there any way I can get a rid of that annoying pop-up dialogue?

Comment

Any get a 2080ti and been using GPU Lightmass? Hows it comparing to the 1000 series?

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
                Any get a 2080ti and been using GPU Lightmass? Hows it comparing to the 1000 series?
                Unless you're asking people who got one as a reviewer, or outside of street date, nobody has one. The release got pushed back by a week, to the 27th.
                Though I suppose some people might have gotten their hands on them, since they're probably just chilling out at stores, and some stores might not care about street dates when it comes to hardware.

Comment

Luoshuang

Would it be possible to add command line argument, so that source build could be run with GPULightmass when using cmd line argument or with stock Lightmass, when not using said argument?

Comment

Just a question. There is a way to activate/deactivate the script? i'm working on diferent projects and don't wanna use Gpu on all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by samdax View Post
                      Just a question. There is a way to activate/deactivate the script? i'm working on diferent projects and don't wanna use Gpu on all of them.
                      Not that I know of. That's why I asked if it's possible to add cmd line argument for easy switch between stock Lightmass and GPULightmass

Comment

Originally posted by samdax View Post
                        Read this post: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...11#post1519111
                        Technology Officer
                        Magma3D

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post
                          I really do not want to use any 3rd party apps. I think cmd line argument is the way to go.

Comment

What a surprise at finish of the bake: an error - GPU lightmass crashed ... but As I see all results of baking have been applied to the scene.
                            Baked with Extreme+Production setup.
                            ( GPU RAM of my GTX1080 was 100% full during the bake process )
                            https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

Lookd like I have a bug now lol. Would you like to upload the cubemap for me to test?

EDIT: took a second look and it seemed like the sharp shadow are even more dominating in 3ds max?
                              hi @Luoshuang
                              thanks for last version [ 4.20.2 Unified Settings ]
                              its working correctly without sharp shadows
                              i enjoy the quality of last version

Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00023.jpg Views:	1 Size:	138.5 KB ID:	1533485

the only problem is vram and gpu memory
                              how gpu renderers like octane and redshft solved this problem ?
                              why we cant share ram or pagefile with gpu lightmass ???
                              Last edited by Farshid; 10-01-2018, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Hello, Farshid

Don't you mind telling, where did you got the GPU Lightmass binaries for 4.20.2 please ?
                                I'm interested to use it for my project who can't run on 4.19 anymore due to some C++ API changes.

Thank you guys !
                                And thank you Luoshuang for sharing this tool with us!
                                Creator of DashEngine Sonic Framework for Unreal Engine 4.
                                Leader and Main Developer of fangame project Sonic Adventure 3

Twitter : GalaxySoftware_
                                YouTube :GalaxySoftware Studio

Comment

Working...
                                X