Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hello!! Luoshuang Are the emissive materials working on 4.20.2? I've tried to light some areas by using the emissive but it´s not working.

    Pd: I've ticked the "use emissive for static lighting" option.
    Last edited by xaviprz; 09-08-2018, 01:34 PM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by xaviprz View Post
      Hello!! Luoshuang Are the emissive materials working on 4.20.2? I've tried to light some areas by using the emissive but it´s not working.

      Pd: I've ticked the "use emissive for static lighting" option.
      me too but seems not working

      Comment


        Originally posted by xaviprz View Post
        Hello!! Luoshuang Are the emissive materials working on 4.20.2? I've tried to light some areas by using the emissive but it´s not working.

        Pd: I've ticked the "use emissive for static lighting" option.
        Originally posted by Nocturness View Post

        me too but seems not working
        Should be fixed in 4.20.2 unified settings now. It is caused by firefly clamping introduced in 4.20.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	settingswithfirefly.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	1525640

        Now firefly clamping threshold is exposed through ini. This technique aims at removing fireflies by making your image biased (darker). Threortically speaking it should be set to the maximum brightness in your scene. In practice you can set it to a high initial value, then keep lowering it if any firefly is seen.

        Comment


          Hi Luoshuang !

          It would be awesome if it could support a multi gpu on same computer, any plans for that?

          Comment


            > It would be great if you could bake the lightmass of only the selected item. So that I don't have to recalculate everything.

            I strongly agree, current workflow requires to recalculate everything. It would be very handy if we could do following
            - baking lightmaps for selected objects
            - tweaking parameters for GPUlightmass

            Comment


              Hi Luoshuang! Really awesome work but I have report that the build does not work with landscapes, at least big ones


              EDIT: ok, one should not choose landscape LOD 2 (or higher) for lighting. The missing nvcuda.dll error etc. come from that
              Last edited by marcatzeri; 09-13-2018, 06:14 AM.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post


                Should be fixed in 4.20.2 unified settings now. It is caused by firefly clamping introduced in 4.20.

                Click image for larger version  Name:	settingswithfirefly.png Views:	1 Size:	5.5 KB ID:	1525640

                Now firefly clamping threshold is exposed through ini. This technique aims at removing fireflies by making your image biased (darker). Threortically speaking it should be set to the maximum brightness in your scene. In practice you can set it to a high initial value, then keep lowering it if any firefly is seen.
                The Unified Settings version does not work with source builds. Only the "regular" version work. When building light with a source build and the unified settings version, light build fails and I get this error message in the message log:
                https://i.imgur.com/J6DRFgL.png

                Furthermore, the emissive lights don't work with regular 4.20.2 GPU Lightmass, it's my understanding that this is only fixed with the Unified Settings version, which is broken for source builds.

                EDIT: Just to clarify, the regular 4.20.2 version does work with source builds, the unified version definitely doesn't, thus I can't get emissive lighting to work.
                Last edited by Norman3D; 09-13-2018, 07:02 AM.

                Comment


                  I'm facing this bug. When using darker materials it start to appear these kind of splotches.

                  Attached Files
                  http://www.ue4arch.com

                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjp...pois6WVG6hqXNQ
                  Latest projects

                  Comment


                    Luoshuang,

                    Were there any changes from 4.19.1 to 4.20.2 in regards to a Titan V card?.

                    On a project i'm working i can do the lighting fine in 4.19.1 but not in 4.20.2

                    When switching to 4.20.2 the computers freezes once the GPU Lightmass Progress says Radiosity pass 30/30 , I have to reset the computer. It never gets to the Overall texel progress.
                    Last edited by Guillermo Leal; 09-13-2018, 06:27 PM.
                    Guillermo Leal LLaguno
                    www.steelbluellc.com

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Norman3D View Post

                      The Unified Settings version does not work with source builds. Only the "regular" version work. When building light with a source build and the unified settings version, light build fails and I get this error message in the message log:
                      https://i.imgur.com/J6DRFgL.png

                      Furthermore, the emissive lights don't work with regular 4.20.2 GPU Lightmass, it's my understanding that this is only fixed with the Unified Settings version, which is broken for source builds.

                      EDIT: Just to clarify, the regular 4.20.2 version does work with source builds, the unified version definitely doesn't, thus I can't get emissive lighting to work.
                      Thanks, that explains my issue too! (Getting the same error)

                      Comment


                        Hello Luoshuang. Thanks for the fix!

                        Now the emmisive lights are working!

                        But i've found an issue with the quality of that lights. I've attached some images that explain the issue.

                        Left: 4.19 Right: 4.20.2

                        Thanks!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00569.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	268.0 KB
ID:	1527567Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00018.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	1527569
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Guillermo Leal View Post
                          Luoshuang,

                          Were there any changes from 4.19.1 to 4.20.2 in regards to a Titan V card?.

                          On a project i'm working i can do the lighting fine in 4.19.1 but not in 4.20.2

                          When switching to 4.20.2 the computers freezes once the GPU Lightmass Progress says Radiosity pass 30/30 , I have to reset the computer. It never gets to the Overall texel progress.
                          Did a bit more testing.

                          All test done on the same computer.

                          Dell Precision Tower 7810
                          Dual Xeon E5-2650 2.3
                          128ram
                          Win 7 pro 64
                          Tried several drivers from 39.31 to 399.24 on all configurations.

                          Unreal 4.19.1
                          Nvidia 1080, 8GB
                          Workes fine

                          Unreal 4.20.2
                          Nvidia 1080, 8GB
                          Workes fine

                          Unreal 4.19.1
                          Nvidia Titan V, 12GB
                          Workes fine

                          Unreal 4.20.2
                          Nvidia Titan V, 12GB
                          Computer Freezes, Needs to restart windows.

                          Attached is a screen capture when it crashes.
                          As soon as the last radiosity pass finishes it freezes. So i assume there is some issue with 4.20.2 and the titan V.

                          Any one else having the same problem?
                          Guillermo Leal LLaguno
                          www.steelbluellc.com

                          Comment


                            hey guys area lights(rect lights) supported for 4.20 in gpu lightmass?

                            lighting seems diffirent cpu vs gpu.. using 4.20.2 stux script medium. "use emissive for static lighting" disabled
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Nocturness; 09-15-2018, 08:55 AM.

                            Comment


                              Hi there,

                              I am am getting very strange jagged artifacts, on some of the borders, mostly on 90 grad intersection between objects. I don't have this issue with using of CPU Lightmass.
                              Here is a some screenshots comparison between GPU and CPU bakes.

                              All Lightmaps have enough resolution, so there is not a point.

                              [DevOptions.GPULightmass]
                              NumPrimaryGISamples=128
                              NumSecondaryGISamples=64
                              FireflyClampingThreshold=10.0

                              UE 4.20.2
                              Nvidia 1080Ti

                              This is the only problem I have with GPU Lightmass workflow..
                              Last edited by ldo; 09-15-2018, 05:12 PM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Guillermo Leal View Post

                                Did a bit more testing.

                                All test done on the same computer.

                                Dell Precision Tower 7810
                                Dual Xeon E5-2650 2.3
                                128ram
                                Win 7 pro 64
                                Tried several drivers from 39.31 to 399.24 on all configurations.

                                Unreal 4.19.1
                                Nvidia 1080, 8GB
                                Workes fine

                                Unreal 4.20.2
                                Nvidia 1080, 8GB
                                Workes fine

                                Unreal 4.19.1
                                Nvidia Titan V, 12GB
                                Workes fine

                                Unreal 4.20.2
                                Nvidia Titan V, 12GB
                                Computer Freezes, Needs to restart windows.

                                Attached is a screen capture when it crashes.
                                As soon as the last radiosity pass finishes it freezes. So i assume there is some issue with 4.20.2 and the titan V.

                                Any one else having the same problem?
                                My GPU Lightmass stopped working as well, and I'm running a Titan V externally on my laptop. Now that you've isolated the issue, I'll try it on my internal GTX 1080 and see if the issue is still there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X