No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just updated drivers for 1080. Helped to get me further along, but I', still getting the timeout error message. Does the TDRDelay setting need to be changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Luma3d View Post
      Just updated drivers for 1080. Helped to get me further along, but I', still getting the timeout error message. Does the TDRDelay setting need to be changed?
      That's exactly where it helps. Try using the script and let me know if it works.
      Technology Officer
      Magma3D

Comment

I’m buying a nvidia card for this, Would you recommend 1080ti oc or titian Xp? Or should I wait for the RTX series which will release next month? I have concern if RTX is compatible? Appreciate to any advises

Comment

Can anyone suggest a display card for this GPU lightmass script?

I googled stuff like graphics card for GPU rendering but most of them are about vray. And the rest is about PUBG....

Comment

I've uploaded 4.20.2 version. Also, support for Sparse Volume Lighting Samples should have been recovered in 4.20.2. Let me know if it doesnt work.

For video card recommendation, I would suggest waiting for RTX.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
              I've uploaded 4.20.2 version. Also, support for Sparse Volume Lighting Samples should have been recovered in 4.20.2. Let me know if it doesnt work.

Are the RTX going to perform much better? I get how they advertise the real time raytracing but does that mean they are also good for regular raytracing?

Oh and Luoshuang I just added another GPU to my system and it seems to use just one of them. Is there a way of choosing which GPU is used for the calculation (other than just connect the monitors to the other one). Or maybe even use both (without SLI)?
              Originally posted by Situx View Post

Yeap. Same error. Now I wonder if it's related to this version. I rolled back to CPU and had the same problem. Seems it's not related to GPULightmass. There was a big on 4.20 which they left out the swarm coordinator executable out of the build. I remember I copied the file from 4.19 and thought "hey, it worked" to find out this error, so I went back to 4.19.

UPDATE: Verifying worked! Thanks, SiLiUSD. Seems like I was still using the old SwarmCoordinator. Updated my script to account for this changes also. Now back to test if Swarm on GPU works.
              Glad it worked out! It's still working for me

Comment

Originally posted by SiLiUSD View Post

Are the RTX going to perform much better? I get how they advertise the real time raytracing but does that mean they are also good for regular raytracing?
                Well, RTX series is able to pull of realtime raytracing thanks to 10x faster raytracing than 10xx series
                RTX support in DX12 should be also helpful here.

I wonder, Turing architectures utilizes Tensor cores for denoising the same as Volta cards used to?

Comment

after changing GPU lightmass settings a couple of times from Medium to High, for example, I get this error at the beginning of the building process.

<None> === Lightmass crashed: ===
                  Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:c:\ue4-gpulightmassintegration\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 611]
                  Array index out of bounds: 8 from an array of size 8

0x00007ffbafd6a388 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
                  0x00007ffb09cd44c0 UnrealLightmass-ApplicationCore.dll!UnknownFunction []
                  0x00007ffb04239a5c UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                  0x00007ffb041cc55d UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                  0x00007ff65608ef70 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                  0x00007ff6560974ef UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                  0x00007ff6560ed0ff UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                  0x00007ff65609ea4c UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                  0x00007ff6560c1c22 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                  0x00007ff6560e33c7 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                  0x00007ff65617a858 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                  0x00007ffbb04d3034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                  0x00007ffbb2eb1431 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

What's that?
                  Please help

Nazzareno Giannelli
                  CTO | Senior 3D Artist
                  myD3SIGN Ltd

+39 335 13 12 044
                  nazzareno@myd3sign.com
                  www.nazzarenogiannelli.com

Comment

I had a similar problem once. Maybe some files are still write protected if UE (or the launcher) is still in use?

1. Remove the Binaries & Config folders (with the GPU lightmass alterations) from the Unreal directory.
                    2. Use Unreal to install the original code (use the Verify option in the Launch Dropdown).
                    3. Copy the newly generated Binaries & Config folders to a backup location (in case this error returns)
                    4. Paste the chosen GPUlightmass folder (medium/high etc) to the correct position.

It worked after that and thanks to 3, the next time an error happens OR you need the standard Lightmass for some reason, you can easily put back the original code (much faster than 2)
                    Last edited by maxbrown; 08-24-2018, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

Hey bud, just checked in 4.20.2 here and it looks like sparse volume lighting samples are working great.

I have noticed though that it's not automatically feeding emissive materials into lightmass any more like it did on 4.19. Is there a way to change this behaviour to force it to automatically do this without needing to set the 'use emissive for static lighting' bool on the mesh?
                      Thanks for the great work on this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberglobe View Post
                        after changing GPU lightmass settings a couple of times from Medium to High, for example, I get this error at the beginning of the building process.

<None> === Lightmass crashed: ===
                        Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:c:\ue4-gpulightmassintegration\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Containers/Array.h] [Line: 611]
                        Array index out of bounds: 8 from an array of size 8

0x00007ffbafd6a388 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
                        0x00007ffb09cd44c0 UnrealLightmass-ApplicationCore.dll!UnknownFunction []
                        0x00007ffb04239a5c UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                        0x00007ffb041cc55d UnrealLightmass-Core.dll!UnknownFunction []
                        0x00007ff65608ef70 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                        0x00007ff6560974ef UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                        0x00007ff6560ed0ff UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                        0x00007ff65609ea4c UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                        0x00007ff6560c1c22 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                        0x00007ff6560e33c7 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                        0x00007ff65617a858 UnrealLightmass.exe!UnknownFunction []
                        0x00007ffbb04d3034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
                        0x00007ffbb2eb1431 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []

What's that?
                        Please help
                        Have you tried to clean your lightmass cache?
                        I had the same issue, clearing my cache fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3darchstuffs

Same Here.
                          clearing my cache fixed it.
                          Silly question - how do you clear cache ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Silly question - how do you clear cache ?
                            Run swarm so that the swarmagent process is running, if it isn't already.
                            Open it's window by doubleclicking it's icon ( orange/black icon. )
                            Then Cache -> Clear.

That's also where you can set up stuff like networked rendering and etc.

Comment

Originally posted by walter_v View Post
                              I have the same problem here since the 4.20.1 Update,

Click image for larger version Name:	GPULightmass_0000.PNG Views:	1 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	1518209

I don't know why, sometimes it works...
                              GeForce GTX 970 / Driver Version 398.82

I was getting the same error, I tracked it down too certain assets that crashed the gpu lightmass, The only thing i could see different about these assets is they had many materials approx 11 and 12 each, and 4 lods.

As a test I duplicated the rest of the scene and it Rendered correctly, so didn't appear to be hitting the memory limit. I'm working on a very large citscape 6x6 km.

PS if your GPU light mass is hanging on "Importing surface cache", it could be an asset with corrupted lightmap uv's,

*Edit, my reply above dosn't seem to be working anymore, the troublesome assets that I removed don't seem to be the sole cause.

It now seems to be having problems with a masked material that im using for foliage, i set it to opaque and i don't get the error, it seems very random though as these assets were rendering previously,

To further confuse myself, I opened a separate scene to test the foliage as masked and it renders, Then re-opened my original scene and I no longer get the crash?

*Edit number 2
                              Ok i seem to be getting consistent renders not crashing without any fluffing around, I have a landscape in the scene with the static lightmap resolution set high, Ive halved it too 8 from 16 and it seems to be more stable, Not sure if there were simply to many high res light maps being requested. The res is a little low, ill might fiddle with the terrain res, so more lightmaps, but lower res as opposed to less lightmaps but higher res.

My actor and poly count is low, approx 200 actors, 6mill polys, but tons of lightmaps from the terrain sections.
                              Last edited by Damage_Sponge; 08-28-2018, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I was about to download the lightmass for UE4 and found there is extreme version there.Is there any difference between Ultra high quality and Extreme lightmass for UE4 4.20?

Comment

Working...
                                X