No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a question. What is the approach for foliage and tree's leaves? On GPU the leaves' shadows are completely static, while on CPU you can see them moving. Is there any workaround for that or is just a limitation for now?

Comment

Hello everybody...

My problem is, after I started bake my scene with 4.20.1 GPU, skylight does not affect the upper floor of the apartment. When I change the intensity the lower floor takes all the light effect immidiately. I can see the reflection on the floor is changing. But there is completely no such effect on the upper floor. It is very interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
        Looks like some of my experimental code accidentally went into the 4.20 version...

Makigirl 's HDRI SkyLight shadows testing scne:
        https://imgsli.com/MTkxMw
        https://imgsli.com/MTkxNA

Skylight resolution is vastly increased and there is experimental 'explicit skylight sampling', as a result the shadows will be even sharper - not very sure whether you guys are gonna like this...
        I think it looks awesome =D

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
          Looks like some of my experimental code accidentally went into the 4.20 version...

Makigirl 's HDRI SkyLight shadows testing scne:
          https://imgsli.com/MTkxMw
          https://imgsli.com/MTkxNA

Skylight resolution is vastly increased and there is experimental 'explicit skylight sampling', as a result the shadows will be even sharper - not very sure whether you guys are gonna like this...
          I like it, more detail is a plus generally.
          Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

GPULightmass HDR lighting
            40 min on 1060 6GB
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfp5MyE9tv8

Comment

Originally posted by yorikb View Post
              GPULightmass HDR lighting
              40 min on 1060 6GB
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfp5MyE9tv8
              Looks good. But not sure if properly testing the setup for Lightmass: are you sure you are using static lights? Much of the light, especially the shadows coming from the windows are behaving more like Cascade Shadow Maps than static shadows. They are super sharp and unrealistic for the scene you seem to be after. I mean, the light coming from a static directional light should have some smoothness and be baked, but it doesn't look like it on your scene (that could be a result of Luoshuang's experimental features, so that's why I'm asking).
              Also, to have that kind of sharpness projected to the meshes you would need super high lightmap resolutions on most of them, which I imagine 6GB on 1060 would not be able to handle. Some objects seem not grounded, especially transparent objects.
              Technology Officer
              Magma3D

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

Looks good. But not sure if properly testing the setup for Lightmass: are you sure you are using static lights? Much of the light, especially the shadows coming from the windows are behaving more like Cascade Shadow Maps than static shadows. They are super sharp and unrealistic for the scene you seem to be after. I mean, the light coming from a static directional light should have some smoothness and be baked, but it doesn't look like it on your scene (that could be a result of Luoshuang's experimental features, so that's why I'm asking).
                Also, to have that kind of sharpness projected to the meshes you would need super high lightmap resolutions on most of them, which I imagine 6GB on 1060 would not be able to handle. Some objects seem not grounded, especially transparent objects.
                SkyLight is static, DirectionalLight movable

Comment

I can't run GPU Lightmass in 4.20.1 but have had zero issues with 4.18 and 4.19

I constantly get the error:

Unspecified Launch Failure

---------------------------
                  Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
                  Assertion failed!

Program: ...-409A513A-067B1EA9-6F7E4492\GPULightmassKernel.dll
                  File: d:\gpulightmass\gpulightmasskernel\gpu...\rtHostConfig.h
                  Line: 341

Expression: 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
                  failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
                  Abort Retry Ignore

Any advice would be appreciated! It's the exact same project as I used GPU Lightmass on in 4.19, brought over to 4.20.

I even created a new project, and tried to build the default map, but got the same error.

Thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately I have the same error... :-(

EDIT: Reinstalled Nvidia Drivers to 398.82 and everything is working fine. Thanks Luoshuang :-)
                    Last edited by Thom Coffee; 08-18-2018, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fly06bzh View Post
                      Click image for larger version Name:	image_144843.png Views:	1 Size:	111.2 KB ID:	1514837Click image for larger version Name:	image_144844.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.3 KB ID:	1514838 HI all,
                      I have a problem with my scene when i bake(4.19 or 4.20)
                      it's a new problem for me, because 2 days ago i didnt have this problem.
                      i did just add lot of assets (230 assets) into my scene, and now ue4 doesnt bake, when i remove some assets, baking works
                      I have 3600 asset/actors into my scene(cut by level)
                      any help is appreciate

1080TI - 48Go ram
                      try to use extreme profile

Comment

Originally posted by Thom Coffee View Post
                        Unfortunately I have the same error... :-(

EDIT: Reinstalled Nvidia Drivers to 398.82 and everything is working fine. Thanks Luoshuang :-)
                        I reinstalled my drivers too. K let me wipe the drivers clean then try again.

Comment

Hey Luoshuang just ran DDU on my drivers and reinstalled, no joy. Any insight into the error I'm getting? Thanks!

Comment

Any news about Sparse Volumetric Light Samples on 4.20?

Comment

Originally posted by adriano.ol View Post
                              Any news about Sparse Volumetric Light Samples on 4.20?
                              Arghhh I also desperately need them!

Comment

Originally posted by yorikb View Post

SkyLight is static, DirectionalLight movable
                                Try to make Directional light as stationary.

Comment

Working...
                                X