Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
    Looks like some of my experimental code accidentally went into the 4.20 version...

Makigirl 's HDRI SkyLight shadows testing scne:
    https://imgsli.com/MTkxMw
    https://imgsli.com/MTkxNA

Skylight resolution is vastly increased and there is experimental 'explicit skylight sampling', as a result the shadows will be even sharper - not very sure whether you guys are gonna like this...
    I think it looks awesome =D

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
      Looks like some of my experimental code accidentally went into the 4.20 version...

Makigirl 's HDRI SkyLight shadows testing scne:
      https://imgsli.com/MTkxMw
      https://imgsli.com/MTkxNA

Skylight resolution is vastly increased and there is experimental 'explicit skylight sampling', as a result the shadows will be even sharper - not very sure whether you guys are gonna like this...
      I like it, more detail is a plus generally.
      Ryzen 9 3950X / 64GB DDR4 / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio / Twinmotion

Comment

GPULightmass HDR lighting
        40 min on 1060 6GB
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfp5MyE9tv8

Comment

Originally posted by yorikb View Post
          GPULightmass HDR lighting
          40 min on 1060 6GB
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfp5MyE9tv8
          Looks good. But not sure if properly testing the setup for Lightmass: are you sure you are using static lights? Much of the light, especially the shadows coming from the windows are behaving more like Cascade Shadow Maps than static shadows. They are super sharp and unrealistic for the scene you seem to be after. I mean, the light coming from a static directional light should have some smoothness and be baked, but it doesn't look like it on your scene (that could be a result of Luoshuang's experimental features, so that's why I'm asking).
          Also, to have that kind of sharpness projected to the meshes you would need super high lightmap resolutions on most of them, which I imagine 6GB on 1060 would not be able to handle. Some objects seem not grounded, especially transparent objects.
          Technology Officer
          Magma3D

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

Looks good. But not sure if properly testing the setup for Lightmass: are you sure you are using static lights? Much of the light, especially the shadows coming from the windows are behaving more like Cascade Shadow Maps than static shadows. They are super sharp and unrealistic for the scene you seem to be after. I mean, the light coming from a static directional light should have some smoothness and be baked, but it doesn't look like it on your scene (that could be a result of Luoshuang's experimental features, so that's why I'm asking).
            Also, to have that kind of sharpness projected to the meshes you would need super high lightmap resolutions on most of them, which I imagine 6GB on 1060 would not be able to handle. Some objects seem not grounded, especially transparent objects.
            SkyLight is static, DirectionalLight movable

Comment

I can't run GPU Lightmass in 4.20.1 but have had zero issues with 4.18 and 4.19

I constantly get the error:

Unspecified Launch Failure

---------------------------
              Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
              Assertion failed!

Program: ...-409A513A-067B1EA9-6F7E4492\GPULightmassKernel.dll
              File: d:\gpulightmass\gpulightmasskernel\gpu...\rtHostConfig.h
              Line: 341

Expression: 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
              failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
              Abort Retry Ignore

Any advice would be appreciated! It's the exact same project as I used GPU Lightmass on in 4.19, brought over to 4.20.

I even created a new project, and tried to build the default map, but got the same error.

Thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately I have the same error... :-(

EDIT: Reinstalled Nvidia Drivers to 398.82 and everything is working fine. Thanks Luoshuang :-)
                Last edited by Thom Coffee; 08-18-2018, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fly06bzh View Post
                  Click image for larger version Name:	image_144843.png Views:	1 Size:	111.2 KB ID:	1514837Click image for larger version Name:	image_144844.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.3 KB ID:	1514838 HI all,
                  I have a problem with my scene when i bake(4.19 or 4.20)
                  it's a new problem for me, because 2 days ago i didnt have this problem.
                  i did just add lot of assets (230 assets) into my scene, and now ue4 doesnt bake, when i remove some assets, baking works
                  I have 3600 asset/actors into my scene(cut by level)
                  any help is appreciate

1080TI - 48Go ram
                  try to use extreme profile

Comment

Originally posted by Thom Coffee View Post
                    Unfortunately I have the same error... :-(

EDIT: Reinstalled Nvidia Drivers to 398.82 and everything is working fine. Thanks Luoshuang :-)
                    I reinstalled my drivers too. K let me wipe the drivers clean then try again.

Comment

Hey Luoshuang just ran DDU on my drivers and reinstalled, no joy. Any insight into the error I'm getting? Thanks!

Comment

Any news about Sparse Volumetric Light Samples on 4.20?

Comment

Originally posted by adriano.ol View Post
                          Any news about Sparse Volumetric Light Samples on 4.20?
                          Arghhh I also desperately need them!

Comment

Originally posted by yorikb View Post

SkyLight is static, DirectionalLight movable
                            Try to make Directional light as stationary.

Comment

4.20.1 version has incorrect & Sharp shadow for skylight ! why ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	GPUCPU.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.8 KB ID:	1517683
                              Last edited by Farshid; 08-20-2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Farshid View Post
                                4.20.1 version has incorrect & Sharp shadow for skylight ! why ?

Should be fixed now. You can download and test again:

Reference: V-Ray for Unreal 4.19, Reinhard tonemapping, exposure 3.0, highlight compression 0.5:

Click image for larger version

Name:	test2.jpg
Views:	1748
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1517854

Fixed 4.20.1:

Click image for larger version  Name:	test3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.2 KB ID:	1517837

There are still some shape differences, however I believe that's due to different tonemappers
                                Last edited by Luoshuang; 08-20-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X