Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	cuda.jpg Views:	1 Size:	53.9 KB ID:	1514470Luoshuang Wonderful! Tried and alas -still something that stops the process just after Building BVH 100%
    This version uses CUDA runtime version v9.2.148 which requires >= 398.26. Maybe you need to update your video driver? I'm on 398.82 now.
    Last edited by Luoshuang; 08-12-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
      I've uploaded a new binary build for 4.20.1.

Since it's been a long time since last time I touched the code base, i broke something when updating to 4.20.1, so some features may not working: I already know Sparse Volumetric Light Samples is not working, and there might be some new bugs
      Thank you so so much! <3

Nazzareno Giannelli
      CTO | Senior 3D Artist
      myD3SIGN Ltd

+39 335 13 12 044
      nazzareno@myd3sign.com
      www.nazzarenogiannelli.com

Comment

Luoshuang updating to the latest driver fixed it. Crossing fingers the Oculus plays nice with this new driver...
        Thanks a lot for updating the plugin to 4.20!

Comment

Luoshuang Thanks for creating the baker for 4.20.1. Any chance for that ''smoothing'' solver? Maybe we can tweak it to get soft lighting shadows?
          https://www.artstation.com/melviso
          https://www.behance.net/melvisuzokf304

Comment

Looks like some of my experimental code accidentally went into the 4.20 version...

Makigirl 's HDRI SkyLight shadows testing scne:
            https://imgsli.com/MTkxMw
            https://imgsli.com/MTkxNA

Skylight resolution is vastly increased and there is experimental 'explicit skylight sampling', as a result the shadows will be even sharper - not very sure whether you guys are gonna like this...
            Last edited by Luoshuang; 08-12-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post
              maxbrown PMcKenzie2004 Updated, you can try again
              Thanks, I'll try again today and report back. EDIT: Works like a charm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gpu_success_2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	542.3 KB
ID:	1514527
              Last edited by PMcKenzie2004; 08-12-2018, 01:58 PM.
              Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Maaannnnnnn.............. Luoshuang you are great... Thank you very much for spending your precious time to develope all of these.

Comment

Luoshuang Can I ask if anything is changed regarding IES pointlights? It seems like they are completely blown out compared to the 4.19 GPU-LM plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
                    Luoshuang Can I ask if anything is changed regarding IES pointlights? It seems like they are completely blown out compared to the 4.19 GPU-LM plugin.
                    There shouldnt be changes about them. IES has never been supported by GPULightmass. Maybe it is a change between 4.19 and 4.20.

Comment

Luoshuang - Do you have a paypal.me link? I would love to encourage all the people who are using your plugin to donate something they can afford to keep you happy and to honour your hard work. What do you guys think?

Comment

Rock solid for the 3 hours this took (1080ti). Extreme settings.
                        EDIT: Using mostly spot lights gets similar quality but is now at 53 minutes! I am using the default lightmap resolutions that Datasmith produces.
                        Last edited by PMcKenzie2004; 08-15-2018, 06:37 AM.
                        Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

Oh thanks God Luoshuang is back.,

Comment

Originally posted by feuerroth View Post
                            Luoshuang - Do you have a paypal.me link? I would love to encourage all the people who are using your plugin to donate something they can afford to keep you happy and to honour your hard work. What do you guys think?
                            Agree we should pay back for extreme effort of Loushuang,

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_144843.png Views:	1 Size:	111.2 KB ID:	1514837Click image for larger version  Name:	image_144844.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.3 KB ID:	1514838 HI all,
                              I have a problem with my scene when i bake(4.19 or 4.20)
                              it's a new problem for me, because 2 days ago i didnt have this problem.
                              i did just add lot of assets (230 assets) into my scene, and now ue4 doesnt bake, when i remove some assets, baking works
                              I have 3600 asset/actors into my scene(cut by level)
                              any help is appreciate

1080TI - 48Go ram
                              Last edited by fly06bzh; 08-13-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

fly06bzh - have you tried cleaning and revalidating the swarm cache?

Comment

Working...
                                X