No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roy_fredy ZacD a clean one sided mesh wont help you with GPU Lightmass what your seeing with those light leaks is because well like i said your mesh i only one sided i bet you dont have an outer Shell for the walls because ist an interior Scene and you were thinking you wont Need outer facing walls. just model the walls outside also and facing also outwards and you wont have those leaks anymore and DO NOT USE DOUBLE SIDED MATERIALS OR GEOMETRY with GPU lightmass yet cus this will **** your Scene up even more. 2 sided materials or meshes wont work propperly Right now with GPU Lightmass

Comment

Hi
      Awesome work thank you... ! !
      I Have a little issue... I'm stuck at 99.95%
      I attached some info
      I guess my scene is too big ...>>"

Any suggestions? thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by roy_fredy View Post
        Do you know how to solve these leaks?
        the walls and the ceiling have thickness?

Comment

Originally posted by roy_fredy View Post
          Do you know how to solve these leaks?
          Are you using 2 sided materials?

Comment

Originally posted by Xeno View Post
            Hi
            Awesome work thank you... ! !
            I Have a little issue... I'm stuck at 99.95%
            I attached some info
            I guess my scene is too big ...>>"

Any suggestions? thank you !
            Its working in preview, medium, high, but not in production...
            Graphic card : NVIDIA Quadro P5000 - 16 Go

Comment

Hi Luoshuang, Thanks for this amazing work! I am having issue with my computer even though I have set properly.

Could you please explain why I receive this CUDA driver message? latest driver is installed already but can not get this working.

Graphic Card: Quadro 4000

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	1511059QUADRO 4000

Comment

Hey guys.
                1 - Congrats to Luoshuang! Awesome "tool" and well deserved place on Epic! =)

2- I'm really confused here. I'm just testing with a Skylight but it's giving me a very strong "direct light", like a Directional Light. Is that how's supposed to be or I'm missing something here? Using Captured Scene for Cubemap with the default SkySphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbacch View Post
                  Hey guys.
                  1 - Congrats to Luoshuang! Awesome "tool" and well deserved place on Epic! =)

2- I'm really confused here. I'm just testing with a Skylight but it's giving me a very strong "direct light", like a Directional Light. Is that how's supposed to be or I'm missing something here? Using Captured Scene for Cubemap with the default SkySphere.
                  GPU Lightmass provides better directionality for skylight, so you get sun shadows from hdri.

Comment

Luoshuang thank you so so much for this incredible script!
                    I would like to join the others asking for a 4.20 version of it.
                    Your GPU baker changed the game and we cannot do without anymore, especially in the archviz industry, where tight deadlines, quick changes and fast projects are super common.
                    We internally would like to switch to 4.20 that brings great new features for both Datasmith and Blutilities (and of course many other improvements), but giving up on the speed of GPU lightmass is just too much of a loss.
                    We all understand that this script is heavily under development and that both you and Epic are waiting the right time to give to the community a well-polished version of it, but a simple 4.20 version of the already superb 4.19.2 would be incredible for many of us.
                    I hope that my words will be heard and that we will get this 4.20 version. It would be awesome.
                    A huge thank you anyway for the great work and the great tool you brought to all of us for free.
                    Peace

Nazzareno Giannelli
                    CTO | Senior 3D Artist
                    myD3SIGN Ltd

+39 335 13 12 044
                    nazzareno@myd3sign.com
                    www.nazzarenogiannelli.com

Comment

Made with gpu lightmass on UE 4.19. Build time: 15 minutes.

Thanks @Luoshuang for this awesome plugin!!.

Waiting for the 4.20 version

Comment

I've uploaded a new binary build for 4.20.1.

Since it's been a long time since last time I touched the code base, i broke something when updating to 4.20.1, so some features may not working: I already know Sparse Volumetric Light Samples is not working, and there might be some new bugs

Comment

Luoshuang Absolutely wonderful you found some time to convert the plugin! Very very much appreciated because, as many above have already said, your plugin is really a game changer.
                          I ran into an error at the start of a LM calculation that stops your plugin to kickoff - see pic. Any suggestion what to do?
                          edit: spelling & using 4.20.1
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by maxbrown; 08-12-2018, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
                            Luoshuang Absolutely wonderful you found some time to convert the plugin! Very very much appreciated because, as many above have already said, your plugin is really a game changer.
                            I ran into an error at the start of a LM calculation that stops your plugin to kickoff - see pic. Any suggestion what to do?
                            edit: spelling & using 4.20.1
                            I am getting the same error, but thank you for at least building this version. Any suggested solutions?
                            Ryzen 2 2700X / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 2080 TI / Sketchup Pro / Substance Designer and Source / Unreal Studio

Comment

maxbrown PMcKenzie2004 Updated, you can try again

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	cuda.jpg Views:	1 Size:	53.9 KB ID:	1514470Luoshuang Wonderful! Tried and alas -still something that stops the process just after Building BVH 100%
                                Edit: using a gtx1080 & 388.59 driver
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by maxbrown; 08-12-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X