Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
    @Luoshuang Will there be a 4.20 version of your wonderful plugin? Although there are many many nice new features in the new 4.20 release, without GPUlightmass it still feels like a step back to me. Crossing fingers...
    For 4.20, unfortunately no..
    We are targeting future releases to give you a fully functional, vender agnostic and bug-free (especially darken corners, jagged edges and incorrect bounces, etc.) version to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

We are targeting future releases to give you a fully functional, vender agnostic and bug-free (especially darken corners, jagged edges and incorrect bounces, etc.) version to use.
      Do you think we'll get it by 4.21 or is it more likely to be in 4.25'ish ?

Comment

Woohooow a sign of life. Sounds epic Will you share more infos as development progresses?

Comment

Luoshuang still waiting for your 4.20 gpu version your really big help now testing baking my project version 4.20 1 hour
          4.19 with your magic baker 10 min only., Now decided to stick on 4.19

Comment

Originally posted by eduardo30 View Post

I was having this RAM problem, how much I used lightmaps of 1024, 2048, 4096. If that is the case, try reducing the sizes and testing.
            We got multiple computers here, so popped the project on another one with 32GB of memory. It eats up roughly 29GB, starts BVH then Lightmass crashes. It's a huge letdown, because on smaller scenes it works so amazing and so fast. I guess nothing is keeping us on 4.19 anymore, as long as this is happening here.

Comment

Originally posted by thundermax1979 View Post
              Luoshuang still waiting for your 4.20 gpu version your really big help now testing baking my project version 4.20 1 hour
              4.19 with your magic baker 10 min only., Now decided to stick on 4.19
              me too

Comment

Originally posted by Labuschevskyy View Post
                Hi, Luoshuang. I have a weird problem. When objects is too close for each other, after bake appears strange black dots. I noticed that if i will increase lightmap resolution it help.
                But i was wondering is there any way to avoid this dots except increasing lightmap resolution. (I am using GPU Lightmass with Ultra High settings)
                Did you ever figure this issue out?

Comment

For 4.20, unfortunately no.
                  Dear developer, I don't mind a 4.20 with the same bugs as 4.19 -- I've got addicted to your Lightmass.
                  If it's not a consuming task for you, please consider sharing a simple new build for 4.20...

Nonetheless, thank you so far for this outsdanding work.

Comment

I love UE4.20 datasmith new feature. But, I need GPU lightmass as well.
                    Please release 4.20 GPU lightmass. Even It's preview version.

Comment

I understand why Epic would hesitate to release new works on GPULightmap for 4.20, but I don't understand why not to rebuild GPULightmass as is, but for 4.20 and provide us with the build :/

Comment

Thanks for sharing this awesome feature. We really don't mind a 4.20 version with the same bugs. If it's not hard to update it to 4.20 please let us use your awesome feature with 4.20.

And about the bug-free version, When will the bug-free version available?

Comment

Does anyone of you guys also have a strange lightmap problem where lightmaps show black or switched on subobjects after converting a baked scene from 4.19 to 4.20?

edit:@luoshuang, is this a known bug or problem?
                          Last edited by feuerroth; 07-24-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Luoshuang Still using 4.19 - In 1 project there are rather strange artifacts after calculating GPU Lightmass. Using normal Lightmass don't show these. No idea what causes the artifacts and can't get rid of them using GPU Lightmass. Anyone else experienced something like this? Any suggestion?
                            Edit: its the black-white walls & the red-ish glow on the buttom of the image.

Comment

Do you know how to solve these leaks?

Comment

Make sure the geometry meets up perfectly, and isn't intersecting, and there's no gap.

Comment

Working...
                                X