Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.20 please

Comment

I might be doing something wrong, but it's acting weird for me. Using any static light and a Lightmass Importance Volumes produces a whole black level. If I increase the hell out of skylight intensity, the objects are glowing. If I'm using Stationary on both, it's building properly. (UE 4.19.2). Also I have a bigger level that I want to build, however, the GPU Baking Tool never launches. The Swarm Agent just says: Starting Lightmass. Then it eats up memory constantly, up to a point where the whole PC just freezes.

Comment

Originally posted by [PB]Aphexx View Post
        for those of you who have problems with grainy/splotchy lightmaps.
        you can workaround this by upping the indirect lighting intensities of your lights from 1 to 3-6. depends on the lighting situation and the light intensity of the light...
        Experienced the same problem with splotchy lightmaps. The lights were placed very tight to the ceiling / fixtures (maybe 1cm). After moving the lights down 10cm the splotches were gone. Maybe the indirect bounce just needs a bit bigger gap?

Comment

I have a problem. The progress is stuck at 99%.
          and. the first few times were normal, and suddenly this problem occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostra View Post
            I might be doing something wrong, but it's acting weird for me. Using any static light and a Lightmass Importance Volumes produces a whole black level. If I increase the hell out of skylight intensity, the objects are glowing. If I'm using Stationary on both, it's building properly. (UE 4.19.2). Also I have a bigger level that I want to build, however, the GPU Baking Tool never launches. The Swarm Agent just says: Starting Lightmass. Then it eats up memory constantly, up to a point where the whole PC just freezes.
            I was having this RAM problem, how much I used lightmaps of 1024, 2048, 4096. If that is the case, try reducing the sizes and testing.

Comment

Did anyone solved the black dots, that appeared (in my case) on the highest quality? I dont have any emissive materials in the scene, but I might overlooked something. I am not sure, why these artefacts ocured, maybe too old hardware? (nvidia 650m) But I am thanks to this finaly able to bake bigger scenes than before, its just sad, that I am stuck to using middle quality preset.

Comment

I don't know If I am not installing it correctly or my gpu is too weak for this to even work. But I work on a laptop with a 840m and I copied the contents from Binaries and Config to C:/Epic/Engine- respective folders.

Comment

Luoshuang Thanks for this gpu lightmass baker. Was definitely very fast :- )
                  https://www.artstation.com/melviso
                  https://www.behance.net/melvisuzokf304

Comment

Good evening, I ask for your consultation on this image. On the left side, you can see the light mass CPU and on the right the same scene with the light mass GPU.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CPUVs_GPU.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1503021 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	CPUVs_GPU_SetupScenejpg.jpg
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	1503022

Name:	CPUVs_GPU_Scene.PNG
Size:	576.0 KB
ID:	1503023

UE 4.19.2

Is there a way to get the same result?
                    The performance of the GPU lightmass is excellent but the quality of indirect light is different.

I used the GPULightmassIntegration-4.19.2-UltraHigh preset

Do you have something to give me?
                    Did I wrong in setting some parameters?

Thank you all.

Saul
                    --- www.RTView.it --- RTView Facebook page ---

Comment

Any idea if GPULightmass will be available for 4.20 release ? (I don't mean officially built into 4.20, but a version of plugin built for 4.20) ?

Comment

Is this still in development?
                        YES, IT'S HAPPENING!
                        Next - Unreal III.

Comment

RTView I noticed this as well. CPU lighting seems better with soft lighting as u can tweak the lightmass parameters. GPU lightmass is very limited in this area and no parameters can be tweaked. I had this problem but the fast baking was a better option rather than waiting for too long. Maybe increase the lightmap resolution?
                          I also experimented with koola's ue4 interior daylight scene, the CPU captured the soft lighting better as well. I am not sure if gpu lightmass recognises light portals too. I gather Luoshaung is currently working with EPIC on a new lighting solution together with some other high profile renderer people. Hopefully we hear about it soon.
                          Last edited by Melvixz; 07-17-2018, 07:51 PM.
                          https://www.artstation.com/melviso
                          https://www.behance.net/melvisuzokf304

Comment

Originally posted by RTView View Post
                            Good evening, I ask for your consultation on this image. On the left side, you can see the light mass CPU and on the right the same scene with the light mass GPU.
                            Originally posted by Melvixz View Post
                            RTView I noticed this as well.
                            To me the CPU version is over blurred while the GPU is subject to noise. By using Irradiance Caching the CPU solver effectively blurrs indirect lighting and skylight direct lighting. What is actually concerning in the GPU version is that it lost the bounce from the direct lighting.

A good way to get a 'ground truth' reference is to set the indirect lighting level scale to something like 0.01 and run the CPU solver. I'm still hesitating whether to add such a 'smoothing solver' (which means more bias) to the final version.
                            Last edited by Luoshuang; 07-17-2018, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

To me the CPU version is over blurred while the GPU is subject to noise. By using Irradiance Caching the CPU solver effectively blurrs indirect lighting and skylight direct lighting. What is actually concerning in the GPU version is that it lost the bounce from the direct lighting.

A good way to get a 'ground truth' reference is to set the indirect lighting level scale to something like 0.01 and run the CPU solver. I'm still hesitating whether to add such a 'smoothing solver' (which means more bias) to the final version.

Exactly, I see that you fully understand my problem. The blur of the lights is not a problem for this moment

The rebounds of direct light are not there in this scene.
                              Or rather they decline very quickly.
                              If I set the parameter - World Setting - Num Indirect Light Bounces to 1 or 100 I get the same result.

Name:	Bounces.jpg
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	1503262 ​​​​​​​

I'm doing something wrong?
                              --- www.RTView.it --- RTView Facebook page ---

Comment

@Luoshuang Will there be a 4.20 version of your wonderful plugin? Although there are many many nice new features in the new 4.20 release, without GPUlightmass it still feels like a step back to me. Crossing fingers...

Comment

Working...
                                X