Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my log
    10:23:42 AM: Preallocated 0.0Gb for kDOP nodes and triangles
    10:23:42 AM: Building kDOP took 0.00 seconds.
    10:23:42 AM: Static lighting kDOP: 6 nodes, 4 leaves, 16 triangles, 24 vertices
    10:23:42 AM: Static lighting kDOP: 25.000% wasted space in leaves
    10:23:42 AM: Preallocated 0.0Gb for kDOP nodes and triangles
    10:23:42 AM: Building kDOP took 0.00 seconds.
    10:23:42 AM: Static lighting kDOP: 6 nodes, 5 leaves, 16 triangles, 0 vertices
    10:23:42 AM: Static lighting kDOP: 100.000% wasted space in leaves
    10:23:42 AM: Processing...
    10:23:42 AM: GPULightmass Kernel: Importing mesh: 24 vertices, 12 triangles
    10:23:42 AM: GPULightmass Kernel: Embree SBVH Construction finished, 1MS
    10:23:42 AM: GPULightmass Kernel: Convert to CudaBVH finished, 0MS
    10:23:42 AM: GPULightmass Kernel: Line 75: cudaCheckError: unknown error
    10:27:52 AM: [CloseConnection] Closing connection 067A48BF using handle 067A48BF
    10:27:52 AM: [CloseConnection] Connection confirmed for disconnection 067A48BF
    10:27:52 AM: [CloseConnection] Closing orphaned Job (3B80817F-4773214E-9607D697-ECB13F02)
    10:27:52 AM: [Job] Job has failed! Job is closed while Tasks are still PENDING
    10:27:52 AM: [CloseConnection] Orphaning local connection (067A48BF is the parent of 0931CFFC)
    10:27:52 AM: [CloseConnection] Connection disconnected 067A48BF
    10:27:53 AM: [MaintainConnections] Local connection has closed (067A48BF)
    10:27:53 AM: [MaintainConnections] Removed connection 067A48BF
    10:27:53 AM: [Maintain Jobs] Killing rogue Job "3B80817F-4773214E-9607D697-ECB13F02"
    10:27:53 AM: [MaintainConnections] Detected dropped local connection, cleaning up (0931CFFC)
    10:27:53 AM: [CloseConnection] Closing connection 0931CFFC using handle 0931CFFC
    10:27:53 AM: [CloseConnection] Connection confirmed for disconnection 0931CFFC
    Anyone help me? I use gtx 770 and I also change TdrDelay to 300 but it doesnt work
    Last edited by trannamuct; 06-21-2018, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post

Should be the same, this was baked with 4.19.2 and GPU lightmass with the settings visible on the bottom right of the image.. And there is definetly bounces from the skylight (which is the only light source in the scene, and has an HDRI filled in).

Maybe multibounce skylight is work but only vram work is useless. Because I have bad pc 16gb ram but very good gpu 11gb vram.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
        For tasks where the Quadro doesn't have specific driver/hardware exclusive advantages, the GTX 1080 is 50-100% faster than a single M6000, depending on the benchmark.

Also the M6000 is a generation behind the GTX 1080 in terms of architecture.
        What would be a good card (or rig) to get for GPU lightmass baking that would be faster then a 1080? A titanXP? I need to decrease my build time for a project. Would CPU make any difference in this scenario? i7 vs Zenon?

Thanks,
        Dustin Tinkler

https://www.artstation.com/dustomatic

Comment

Titan V or use swarm distributed rendering on multiple PCs.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
            Titan V or use swarm distributed rendering on multiple PCs.
            I wonder if the V's HBM2 memory would improve performance or not.. Could be ?
            Antoine Guillo, FR
            Virtual Reality Designer
            https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Here's a tip: if you have 2 or more GPUs, plug your monitor to the second GPU (and maybe restart your PC). This way, GPU 2 will be used for rendering Unreal Editor, Windows, etc.; and GPU 1 will be used solely for solving GPU Lightmass.

This way you can do other stuff with your display GPU while Lightmass works (like playing games, watching videos, etc.), and also greatly reduce the risk of GPU Lightmass running out of memory. I have checked and for a sample scene, GPU 2 (rendering) uses 3 GB of VRAM, and GPU 1 (Lightmass) uses 2 GB when building lighting.

Even if you don't have 2 GPUs, it might be a good idea to plug your monitor into your onboard graphics, if you're running out of memory when building lighting.

PS. Thanks Luoshang for this awesomeness.
              Jefferson Pinheiro

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiguis View Post
                Here's a tip: if you have 2 or more GPUs, plug your monitor to the second GPU (and maybe restart your PC). This way, GPU 2 will be used for rendering Unreal Editor, Windows, etc.; and GPU 1 will be used solely for solving GPU Lightmass.
                How would you know wich one is GPU 1 and wich one is GPU 2?

It would be awesome to have a way to configure this on the GPU Lightmass module, looks it could be super useful.

Thanks!
                Technology Officer
                Magma3D

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

It would be awesome to have a way to configure this on the GPU Lightmass module, looks it could be super useful.

Thanks!
                  the gpu in the highest pci e slot is gpu1
                  CEO of Prydetech

https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

Originally posted by ixicalibur
                  Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

Thanks!
                    I check each GPU Usage in MSI Afterburner. But yeah topmost slot is always the first.
                    Jefferson Pinheiro

Comment

Hi, Luoshuang. I have a weird problem. When objects is too close for each other, after bake appears strange black dots. I noticed that if i will increase lightmap resolution it help.
                      But i was wondering is there any way to avoid this dots except increasing lightmap resolution. (I am using GPU Lightmass with Ultra High settings)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi!

It's just lightmap res/uv problem and has nothing to do with Luoshuang's lightmass!!
                        Yeah having a higher resolution lightmap will help! If you're after archviz results you shouldn't "save up" on lightmap resolution!
                        Another workaround is to lay your lightmaps properly! Proper padding, pixel/grid snap... and you can always "cut off" the parts of the unused uvs to avoid pixelated/blocky contact shadows! ...or snap the overlapping top object to the overlapped bottom object's lightmap "grid"'s corners...

Comment

I got the same problem, however, the UV layout and padding are correct and the lightmap resolution is red... I don't get that when using CPU bake, so it should have something to do with the GPU implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by hdimit16 View Post
                            I got the same problem, however, the UV layout and padding are correct and the lightmap resolution is red... I don't get that when using CPU bake, so it should have something to do with the GPU implementation.
                            Yes, that was i talking about. On CPU bake i don`t have this kind of artifacts. So i think this artifacts appears because of different principle of baking. This is why i am asking about Luoshuang)

Comment

I wonder what happened to @Luoshuang
                              He's been quiet for some time ...

Comment

Originally posted by Labuschevskyy View Post

Yes, that was i talking about. On CPU bake i don`t have this kind of artifacts. So i think this artifacts appears because of different principle of baking. This is why i am asking about Luoshuang)
                                Could you post please the same screenshots with no change in the scene but using CPU lightmass?
                                Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X