No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nocturness THANKS!!! You are the best! Please tell me - what happens next after UE bake lighting? Data is automatically saved to the project?
    Maxim S.
    Architectural Rendering
    Vrender Company

Comment

Originally posted by Vrender View Post
      Nocturness THANKS!!! You are the best! Please tell me - what happens next after UE bake lighting? Data is automatically saved to the project?
      Yes open your project after commandline lightmass wait compile and save all
      Amberify Asset Pack | UE4.18 / 4.24
      Neonfiy Asset Pack | UE4.18 / 4.24
      Kinetica Asset Pack | UE4.23 / 4.24

Comment

Nocturness Thanks!!!
        Maxim S.
        Architectural Rendering
        Vrender Company

Comment

How can I restore CPU lightmass if I want/need to?
          GPU lightmass is giving me black splotches on furniture in a simple studio light scene even if Lightmap UVs are 100% correct. Testing the same with CPU on another pc shows no issues.
          Last edited by Cyberglobe; 06-19-2018, 06:18 AM.

Nazzareno Giannelli
          CTO | Senior 3D Artist
          myD3SIGN Ltd

+39 335 13 12 044
          nazzareno@myd3sign.com
          www.nazzarenogiannelli.com

Comment

Oh I'm having the same trouble here, even after uninstalling and reinstalling launcher and engine.
            I've restored baselightmass.ini and checked all the files that could be affected but still didn't find any clue. Also did some run test on other PC and everything was clean.

Comment

epic should fund this :]

Comment

Epic recently hired Luoshuang. There's Lightmass developments being worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
                  Epic recently hired Luoshuang. There's Lightmass developments being worked on.
                  Good news. İ hope Gpu lightmass support multibounce skylight and use RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by enoes View Post

Good news. İ hope Gpu lightmass support multibounce skylight and use RAM.
                    You can try what Luoshuang has made for 4.19 already, his "prototype" uses GPU VRAM and has multibounce for skylights.
                    Antoine Guillo, FR
                    Virtual Reality Designer
                    https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post

You can try what Luoshuang has made for 4.19 already, his "prototype" uses GPU VRAM and has multibounce for skylights.
                      Not vram. Ram so system memory. Shared memory.
                      I've tried but can't see multibounce support.. You talk about 4.19.1??? I use 4.19.2.

Comment

Originally posted by PixelDigitalArts View Post

thanks for the feedback guys! I'll give another try on a future project. My current one only works with the lights in the same level, I tried everything, even replace the lights with the default settings, but nothing work as expected for some strange reason... and since this isn't a dealbreaker for this project, I can continue like this...

This plugin is suck a nice feature, the fast visualization of light baking is like a dream. So I can deal with these little inconveniences here and there...
                        Hi!! Actually it worked fine with 2 light scenarios...but now i have 3 light scenarios, and the third one is black...so it seems it doesnt work properly...and it probably just supports 2 light scenarios...maybe Luoshuang can give us some feedback :-) ??? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by enoes View Post

Not vram. Ram so system memory. Shared memory.
                          I've tried but can't see multibounce support.. You talk about 4.19.1??? I use 4.19.2.
                          Should be the same, this was baked with 4.19.2 and GPU lightmass with the settings visible on the bottom right of the image.. And there is definetly bounces from the skylight (which is the only light source in the scene, and has an HDRI filled in).

Antoine Guillo, FR
                          Virtual Reality Designer
                          https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Originally posted by parainfografia View Post

Hi!! Actually it worked fine with 2 light scenarios...but now i have 3 light scenarios, and the third one is black...so it seems it doesnt work properly...and it probably just supports 2 light scenarios...maybe Luoshuang can give us some feedback :-) ??? Thanks
                            Well seems that i spoke too soon... i build the light again and it worked for the 3 light scenarios...so its working :-)

Comment

This is my log
                              10:23:42 AM: Preallocated 0.0Gb for kDOP nodes and triangles
                              10:23:42 AM: Building kDOP took 0.00 seconds.
                              10:23:42 AM: Static lighting kDOP: 6 nodes, 4 leaves, 16 triangles, 24 vertices
                              10:23:42 AM: Static lighting kDOP: 25.000% wasted space in leaves
                              10:23:42 AM: Preallocated 0.0Gb for kDOP nodes and triangles
                              10:23:42 AM: Building kDOP took 0.00 seconds.
                              10:23:42 AM: Static lighting kDOP: 6 nodes, 5 leaves, 16 triangles, 0 vertices
                              10:23:42 AM: Static lighting kDOP: 100.000% wasted space in leaves
                              10:23:42 AM: Processing...
                              10:23:42 AM: GPULightmass Kernel: Importing mesh: 24 vertices, 12 triangles
                              10:23:42 AM: GPULightmass Kernel: Embree SBVH Construction finished, 1MS
                              10:23:42 AM: GPULightmass Kernel: Convert to CudaBVH finished, 0MS
                              10:23:42 AM: GPULightmass Kernel: Line 75: cudaCheckError: unknown error
                              10:27:52 AM: [CloseConnection] Closing connection 067A48BF using handle 067A48BF
                              10:27:52 AM: [CloseConnection] Connection confirmed for disconnection 067A48BF
                              10:27:52 AM: [CloseConnection] Closing orphaned Job (3B80817F-4773214E-9607D697-ECB13F02)
                              10:27:52 AM: [Job] Job has failed! Job is closed while Tasks are still PENDING
                              10:27:52 AM: [CloseConnection] Orphaning local connection (067A48BF is the parent of 0931CFFC)
                              10:27:52 AM: [CloseConnection] Connection disconnected 067A48BF
                              10:27:53 AM: [MaintainConnections] Local connection has closed (067A48BF)
                              10:27:53 AM: [MaintainConnections] Removed connection 067A48BF
                              10:27:53 AM: [Maintain Jobs] Killing rogue Job "3B80817F-4773214E-9607D697-ECB13F02"
                              10:27:53 AM: [MaintainConnections] Detected dropped local connection, cleaning up (0931CFFC)
                              10:27:53 AM: [CloseConnection] Closing connection 0931CFFC using handle 0931CFFC
                              10:27:53 AM: [CloseConnection] Connection confirmed for disconnection 0931CFFC
                              Anyone help me? I use gtx 770 and I also change TdrDelay to 300 but it doesnt work
                              Last edited by trannamuct; 06-21-2018, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post

Should be the same, this was baked with 4.19.2 and GPU lightmass with the settings visible on the bottom right of the image.. And there is definetly bounces from the skylight (which is the only light source in the scene, and has an HDRI filled in).

Maybe multibounce skylight is work but only vram work is useless. Because I have bad pc 16gb ram but very good gpu 11gb vram.

Comment

Working...
                                X