Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luoshuang thank you! Amazing work!

Guys help me please - how correctly use the command line to bake lighting?

Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-Cmd.exe "path\to\your\project\yourproject.uproject" -run=resavepackages -buildlighting -allowcommandletrendering -map=/Game/Maps/MyMap.umap

"path\to\your\project\yourproject.uproject"- I insert the path to my project and launch from Windows cmd and nothing works for me (((

"Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor" - possibly in this part need write the full path to UE4 - C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.19\Engine\Binaries\Win64 ?

/Game/Maps/MyMap.umap what with this part? My umapis in another place and have another name.

It would be nice to get a step by step instruction. Thanks!
    Maxim S.
    Architectural Rendering
    Vrender Company

Comment

Originally posted by Vrender View Post
      Luoshuang thank you! Amazing work!

Guys help me please - how correctly use the command line to bake lighting?

Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-Cmd.exe "path\to\your\project\yourproject.uproject" -run=resavepackages -buildlighting -allowcommandletrendering -map=/Game/Maps/MyMap.umap

"path\to\your\project\yourproject.uproject"- I insert the path to my project and launch from Windows cmd and nothing works for me (((

"Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor" - possibly in this part need write the full path to UE4 - C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.19\Engine\Binaries\Win64 ?

/Game/Maps/MyMap.umap what with this part? My umapis in another place and have another name.

It would be nice to get a step by step instruction. Thanks!

hi it's easy.

first u create shortcut "UE4Editor-Cmd.exe" on desktop. (from here C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.19\Engine\Binaries\Win64)

second right click shortcut>properties>shortcut details.

paste this (check location and fill your details) :

"C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.19\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-Cmd.exe" "C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Unreal Projects\Project Name\xxx.uproject" -run=resavepackages -buildlighting -allowcommandletrendering -map=/Game/Maps/YourLevelName.umap

third - double click that shortcut and pray for "out of memory" error lol
      Last edited by Nocturness; 06-17-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Nocturness THANKS!!! You are the best! Please tell me - what happens next after UE bake lighting? Data is automatically saved to the project?
        Maxim S.
        Architectural Rendering
        Vrender Company

Comment

Originally posted by Vrender View Post
          Nocturness THANKS!!! You are the best! Please tell me - what happens next after UE bake lighting? Data is automatically saved to the project?
          Yes open your project after commandline lightmass wait compile and save all

Comment

Nocturness Thanks!!!
            Maxim S.
            Architectural Rendering
            Vrender Company

Comment

How can I restore CPU lightmass if I want/need to?
              GPU lightmass is giving me black splotches on furniture in a simple studio light scene even if Lightmap UVs are 100% correct. Testing the same with CPU on another pc shows no issues.
              Last edited by Cyberglobe; 06-19-2018, 06:18 AM.

Nazzareno Giannelli
              CTO | Senior 3D Artist
              myD3SIGN Ltd

+39 335 13 12 044
              nazzareno@myd3sign.com
              www.myd3sign.com
              www.nazzarenogiannelli.com

Comment

Oh I'm having the same trouble here, even after uninstalling and reinstalling launcher and engine.
                I've restored baselightmass.ini and checked all the files that could be affected but still didn't find any clue. Also did some run test on other PC and everything was clean.

Comment

epic should fund this :]

Comment

Epic recently hired Luoshuang. There's Lightmass developments being worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
                      Epic recently hired Luoshuang. There's Lightmass developments being worked on.
                      Good news. İ hope Gpu lightmass support multibounce skylight and use RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by enoes View Post

Good news. İ hope Gpu lightmass support multibounce skylight and use RAM.
                        You can try what Luoshuang has made for 4.19 already, his "prototype" uses GPU VRAM and has multibounce for skylights.
                        Antoine Guillo, FR
                        Virtual Reality Designer
                        https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post

You can try what Luoshuang has made for 4.19 already, his "prototype" uses GPU VRAM and has multibounce for skylights.
                          Not vram. Ram so system memory. Shared memory.
                          I've tried but can't see multibounce support.. You talk about 4.19.1??? I use 4.19.2.

Comment

Originally posted by PixelDigitalArts View Post

thanks for the feedback guys! I'll give another try on a future project. My current one only works with the lights in the same level, I tried everything, even replace the lights with the default settings, but nothing work as expected for some strange reason... and since this isn't a dealbreaker for this project, I can continue like this...

This plugin is suck a nice feature, the fast visualization of light baking is like a dream. So I can deal with these little inconveniences here and there...
                            Hi!! Actually it worked fine with 2 light scenarios...but now i have 3 light scenarios, and the third one is black...so it seems it doesnt work properly...and it probably just supports 2 light scenarios...maybe Luoshuang can give us some feedback :-) ??? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by enoes View Post

Not vram. Ram so system memory. Shared memory.
                              I've tried but can't see multibounce support.. You talk about 4.19.1??? I use 4.19.2.
                              Should be the same, this was baked with 4.19.2 and GPU lightmass with the settings visible on the bottom right of the image.. And there is definetly bounces from the skylight (which is the only light source in the scene, and has an HDRI filled in).

Antoine Guillo, FR
                              Virtual Reality Designer
                              https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Originally posted by parainfografia View Post

Hi!! Actually it worked fine with 2 light scenarios...but now i have 3 light scenarios, and the third one is black...so it seems it doesnt work properly...and it probably just supports 2 light scenarios...maybe Luoshuang can give us some feedback :-) ??? Thanks
                                Well seems that i spoke too soon... i build the light again and it worked for the 3 light scenarios...so its working :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X