No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some support for Unreal Engine 4.20 preview 1 released this week?

Comment

Originally posted by PixelDigitalArts View Post
      In case someone else have the problem with black results... I figured out that all the lights and meshes have to be in the same level... GPULightmass doesn't support light of different levels, as the CPU does.
      Maybe test again? I have a skylight & directional light on the persistent level and some lights and meshes on streaming levels with lighting scenario. All works fine as intended.
      Last edited by maxbrown; 06-10-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
        Maybe test again? I have a skylight & directional light on the persistent level and some lights and meshes on streaming levels with lighting scenario. All works fine as intended.
        Me too!! For me its working fine also!

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
          Originally posted by parainfografia View Post

Me too!! For me its working fine also!
          thanks for the feedback guys! I'll give another try on a future project. My current one only works with the lights in the same level, I tried everything, even replace the lights with the default settings, but nothing work as expected for some strange reason... and since this isn't a dealbreaker for this project, I can continue like this...

This plugin is suck a nice feature, the fast visualization of light baking is like a dream. So I can deal with these little inconveniences here and there...

Comment

Every time I restart UE4 I am told that I need to rebuild lighting. It never happened when launcher releases with vanilla Lightmass. It happens all the time with source build and GPULightmass. Has anyone had the same issue ?

Comment

My GPU Lightbaking suddenly stopped working. I was able to use it pretty much everyday, so I don't know what happenned.

Comment

Luoshuang You mentioned turning off two sided materials to prevent darkened faces. Is there a way to get the faces that have their normal facing the other way to show in the editor?
                This is a cloth mesh and it needs two sided material in ue4 to show the other side,:
                https://www.artstation.com/melviso
                https://www.behance.net/melvisuzokf304

Comment

Originally posted by Melvixz View Post
                  Luoshuang You mentioned turning off two sided materials to prevent darkened faces. Is there a way to get the faces that have their normal facing the other way to show in the editor?
                  This is a cloth mesh and it needs two sided material in ue4 to show the other side,:
                  I would not recommend you to do that, because even if you can force the material two sided, there is an inherent limit of lightmaps in UE4: UE4 lightmaps work the best when your faces are single sided. If not then they will either turn black or lose directionality (which means normal maps will not work well with static lighting). I would advice you to model the cloth actually two sided to get proper directionality on both sides.

EDIT: wording
                  Last edited by Luoshuang; 06-14-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

There is an inherent limit of lightmaps in UE4: UE4 lightmaps work the best when your faces are single sided. If not then they will either turn black or lose directionality (which means normal maps will not work well with static lighting). I would advice you to model the cloth actually two sided to get proper directionality on both sides.
                    Thanks. Worked perfectly.
                    https://www.artstation.com/melviso
                    https://www.behance.net/melvisuzokf304

Comment

Luoshuang

just for feedback,

I am currently working on a huge architectural project on vr. I did not have any problems GPU lightmass with the interior scenes. I only got one out of ram error on one another big interior scene. I fixed it by running it from command line.(thx again!)

Right now I have a big exterior scene but I can not get a GPU lightmass because of the lot of actors on level(even max 512 res lightmaps), and this natural, but is there an update possibility like:

Does the GPU have the ability to use virtual RAM during Lightmass?

If that were possible, it would be great to be able to get this huge scene bake on a single GTX970.
                      Last edited by Nocturness; 06-15-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rafareis123 View Post
                        Rendered this entire apartment in 8 hours with a Quadro P6000 with 2k/4k lightmaps.
                        I have two quadro M6000 connected via swarm and 1 GTX 1080. The GTX 1080 did it faster. Any thoughts? I would have thought the quadros would have smoke the GTX. Could it be driver related as the GTX is newer?
                        Last edited by dustintinkler; 06-15-2018, 02:20 PM. Reason: Typo
                        Dustin Tinkler

https://www.artstation.com/dustomatic

Comment

@Luoshuang Would it be possible to bake light during runtime?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturness View Post
                            Luoshuang

just for feedback,

I am currently working on a huge architectural project on vr. I did not have any problems GPU lightmass with the interior scenes. I only got one out of ram error on one another big interior scene. I fixed it by running it from command line.(thx again!)

Right now I have a big exterior scene but I can not get a GPU lightmass because of the lot of actors on level(even max 512 res lightmaps), and this natural, but is there an update possibility like:

Does the GPU have the ability to use virtual RAM during Lightmass?

If that were possible, it would be great to be able to get this huge scene bake on a single GTX970.
                            Still waiting this....

Comment

Thank you for this enormus tool Luoshuang ! I'm enjoying like a child.

Originally posted by dustintinkler View Post

I have two quadro M6000 connected via swarm and 1 GTX 1080. The GTX 1080 did it faster. Any thoughts? I would have thought the quadros would have smoke the GTX. Could it be driver related as the GTX is newer?
                              As far as I know, GTX beat Quadros in a lot of GPU renderers. I think Quadros are for very certain things, of for simply moving graphics in CAD softwares like AutoCAD (even if they are not very exigent). I never understood Quadro's existence.

Originally posted by housekiller View Post
                              @Luoshuang Would it be possible to bake light during runtime?
                              It does I think, isn't it? Maybe a little freezed because the GPU is making calculations and it should move the graphics of the scene too? Maybe you can use a GPU for backing and another one for displaying.

Comment

For tasks where the Quadro doesn't have specific driver/hardware exclusive advantages, the GTX 1080 is 50-100% faster than a single M6000, depending on the benchmark.

Also the M6000 is a generation behind the GTX 1080 in terms of architecture.

Comment

Working...
                                X