• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farshid View Post
    my GPU Lightmass Try !!!
    Render Time : 1 Hour
    GPU : GTX 1060
    Looking really smooth !

Could you share your lighting setups with us ?
    Antoine Guillo, FR
    Virtual Reality Designer
    https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

Thank you Luoshuang for the amazing work!
      I'm carrying out tests with emissive material and following the indications I do not get satisfactory results to reduce the sparkle effect. By increasing the resolution of the lightmap on the affected surfaces, the effect tends to disappearbut is not the right way. Probably I mistake the positioning of the LightmassReplace node.

Originally posted by Muchasty View Post
      ...sparks made from the one of LED emitter in my coffee machine model ( added node LightmassReplace to avoid bake cause all what is an emitter is used to add the light to the scene by the GPU Light mass).
      Can you post an image the correct positioning of the node?
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CarloAlt View Post

Can you post an image the correct positioning of the node?
        Thanks!
        The idea of LightmassReplace node here is to let you remove emissive completely. Generally it is a bad idea to use small and bright emissive materials with GPULightmass. However if you really need to have such kind of lights, a workaround is to place an array of static lights...

Comment

Luoshuang Any Chance for a 4.20 version? :3 Man can dream right?

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/tree/4.20
          LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

The idea of LightmassReplace node here is to let you remove emissive completely. Generally it is a bad idea to use small and bright emissive materials with GPULightmass. However if you really need to have such kind of lights, a workaround is to place an array of static lights...
            Thank you, all clear. Will it be possible to use lenght light in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by PixelDigitalArts View Post

Perfect lighting!
              I'm curious to know if you had to configure something special in the lights...

my results are far from yours...
              I have just a Directional light and a skylight with the default settings, and my scene is almost black... To see some indirect light I have to boost the indirect light intensity from to something like 100. But even then the results aren't as good as yours...

‚Äč

Originally posted by LegendreVR View Post

Looking really smooth !

Could you share your lighting setups with us ?

this is my setting for this scene plus {large lightmap size 1024...2048...}
              and nothing special !

Static Lighting Level Scale : 0.15
              Num Indirect Lighting Bounces : 15
              Sky Bounces : 5
              Indirect Lighting Quality : 10
              Indirect Lighting Smoothness : 1

Comment

and nothing special !

Interesting, I guess I should try upping even more the Indirect Lighting Quality value, been using 6 so far.. Thanks for sharing
                Antoine Guillo, FR
                Virtual Reality Designer
                https://groupe-legendre.com/

Comment

and nothing special !

Hey guys, only Indirect Lighting Bounces is relevant to GPU Lightmass, see the first post:

"Lightmass parameters and quality settings specified in the editor are ignored except for Num Indirect Lighting Bounces"

Comment

do people actually use Cinematic Scalability level?

Comment

Am I missing something here? Like some of these scenes look amazing, I installed it and it bakes fine (very quick!) but the quality is around the same? What am I not tweaking?
                      Portfolio | chrisc3d.artstation.com

Comment

Originally posted by PixelDigitalArts View Post

In one of my scenarios, the lighting is all black, except for the direct light of the directional light (without indirect lighting). I left the light source angle value at 1 and I deactivated the Use Area Shadows option. This light is static.

In addition to directional light, I have a skylight with an hdr, also static light that does not seem to be illuminating the scene. the result is all black.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

In case someone else have the problem with black results... I figured out that all the lights and meshes have to be in the same level... GPULightmass doesn't support light of different levels, as the CPU does.

Comment

So anyone else have issues with the GPULightmass window, not showing up/working on certain projects? Now if i make a new project, the GPULightmass works no problem. But the project i want to test it with, only the default building lighting box shows up and keeps loading on 0%. I haven't tweaked with any code or crazy project settings, so i'm quite lost as to what the problem might be. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by rafareis123 View Post
                            Rendered this entire apartment in 8 hours with a Quadro P6000 with 2k/4k lightmaps.
                            how did you get this dark corners free?

Comment

Is there a reason why a GTX 760 would be half the speed of a 960M, when every benchmark says the GTX 760 should be faster? Was there an architecture change that specifically benefits GPU compute like this?

Comment

Hi, the program is running, but it uses Shared VRAM instead of actual VRAM on GPU. My scene has a massive amount of surface(43737) to cache, so it takes up 16GB of Shared VRAM very fast and then crashes (16GB can only hold approximately 4,000 surface cache).
                                I'm using a GTX1080Ti and have 32GB of physical memory

Comment

Working...
                                X