Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanrealvisual View Post
    is it not support 4.19.2? build keep crash!!
    It works perfectly in 4.19.2
    LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

I also wanted to test this, and the results so far are very promising! With Unity's recent integration of Octane for super fast and accurate GPU lightmap baking, this is something Unreal desperately needs to keep up. Like some other users here though, I also get a lot of "sparks". The scene is lit by a directional and a skylight. The room also used to be lit with spot- and pointlights, but turning those off did not solve the issue. The rest of the scene is clean though, it's just that area that seems problematic. I'm using the high quality set-up. Any suggestions?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Lhorkan; 05-07-2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

just 20 min in gtx 1060
        it works in 4.19.1

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/P9dD8

Last edited by tc22; 05-13-2018, 11:40 PM.
        Tcimage3d Studio
        Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
        Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
        Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

Comment

Is this awesomeness coming to 4.20 ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
            I would also like to know this

Comment

My scene look very dark, how to make it brighter? What am I missing?
              Last edited by smbv1; 05-08-2018, 03:00 PM. Reason: Windows update have removed RegEdit settings, please everyone aware!

Comment

@smbv1 have you scaled the lightmaps resolutions in the detail panel by any chance? That caused the same error for me. I solved is by scaling the lightmap resolution in the geometry editor.. Then everything works fine.

It has become my default light baker already. I can't and don't want to go back to the Unreal CPU lightmaps. The quality is way better and on top of that you get speed.

So I hope Epic is reading this. Especially if they want to make something out of Unreal Studio. Which works fine but would be incredible if the this is implemented.

For Archviz guys like me, Studio is a great step but not even remotely as important as this Light baker...

I didn't want to go there by maybe we should all beg?

Comment

I'll be giving this a go soon, very excited!
                  Work Tutorials

Comment

Hello, it works fantastic, I have set lightmap in the editor to 1024 and everything is in Red-Color (texel-density) which is excellent and I use Ultra High settings which take about 20 min which is incredible compared to 4 days (no joke). I want to ask Luoshuang to make an extremely hi quality version where my bake instead of 20min would take 4 hours but will be less noisy and spots. Keep it up!
                    If you're facing an errors, please check your Windows reg-edit settings, it has removed once I've installed new Windows 10 April 2018 update.
                    Also fresh restart and command line, this is what I used, I opened a scene, set baking to Production, cranked up all settings to high quality 0.05 scale res, multi bounce 5, quality to 30, saved a project, opened a command line and baked through command line, it is the best way to bake. Do not use your PC while bake, it's going to be super slow anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by jeroen_v View Post
                      @smbv1 have you scaled the lightmaps resolutions in the detail panel by any chance? That caused the same error for me. I solved is by scaling the lightmap resolution in the geometry editor.. Then everything works fine.

It has become my default light baker already. I can't and don't want to go back to the Unreal CPU lightmaps. The quality is way better and on top of that you get speed.

So I hope Epic is reading this. Especially if they want to make something out of Unreal Studio. Which works fine but would be incredible if the this is implemented.

For Archviz guys like me, Studio is a great step but not even remotely as important as this Light baker...

I didn't want to go there by maybe we should all beg?
                      Start Spamming everyone at Epic's email inboxes with threats of like an angry mob with Pitch forks lol

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post

It works perfectly in 4.19.2
                        It don't work.

Works fine when you build light, but not when you trie to build a package on windows for example....

How to fix it? Error says comething about header and different engine version :/

Comment

Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

Try further increasing TDR to something like 300, 400 etc.
                          Problem solved. Thanks a ton. The problem is the render time has gone up drastically compared to before granted I did increase lightmap resolution from 256 and 512 to 1k and 2k (u did mention this in your first post) for a number of assets so that might be why the render time has gone up. But I do remember the gpu working faster than presently and crashing close to the end before the TDR fix even after increasing lightmap resolution.
                          Last edited by Melvixz; 05-11-2018, 12:35 AM.
                          https://www.artstation.com/melviso
                          https://www.behance.net/melvisuzokf304

Comment

any benchmarks on this vs the stock? I might try it but not sure how far in development its in. Anyone care to gve the info in a nutshell?

Comment

Also, if I install..... can I revert back without issues?

Comment

noticed the binary install link has 3 files. do i download all?

Comment

Working...
                                X