Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xmasjazzy View Post
    Does anyone know how to fix this weird shadow bug?. I'm sure it's not the lightmap's bug. Thanks
    Try Medium build settings, not preview

Comment

Hello everyone.

I have an issue in my light build introduced when I began adding LODs to my scene. I am aware that this is a limitation of GPULightmass, however my LOD'd meshes have black splotches on them due to LOD1 poking out of LOD0.

This is very problematic because I am working on a project that requires me to use LODs and unfortuntely going back to CPULightmass will increase my light build times exponentially.

As such, is there a work-around for this problem? Is this problem ever going to be addressed?

I am using UE 4.26 and the respective GPULightmass version.

Thank you.

P.S. - I have tried to see if I can reuse the Lightmap of LOD0 for the rest of the imported LODs (eg. LOD1, 2, etc.) but Unreal does not seem to support this. The built-in LOD generator however reuses the Lightmaps used in LOD0 for the rest of the generated LODs, which fixes the issue. This however is not optimal for my use-case scenario as I am REQUIRED to use imported LODs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00007.jpg Views:	6 Size:	396.6 KB ID:	1851193
      Last edited by Valentyn_L; 01-10-2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Hello, how can I make sure that Unreal uses the GPU lightmass? I replaced the engine folder, but it still starts the normal light building. Also, I did try the lightmass configurater. Im using the latest Nvidia driver 461 and a Asus Rog 2070.
        System
        ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
        Artwork thread

Comment

Originally posted by Valentyn_L View Post
          Hello everyone.

I have an issue in my light build introduced when I began adding LODs to my scene..... - I have tried to see if I can reuse the Lightmap of LOD0 for the rest of the imported LODs (eg. LOD1, 2, etc.) but Unreal does not seem to support this. The built-in LOD generator however reuses the Lightmaps used in LOD0 for the rest of the generated LODs, which fixes the issue. This however is not optimal for my use-case scenario as I am REQUIRED to use imported LODs.
          GPU lightmass just calculates 1 lightmap - for lod0, none for the lod1, 2 etc. So when using lods, the lightmap layout has exactly to be the same (aka triangles are just 'missing' from the uv layout when going from lod0 to lod1). If you re-arrange the uv layout for lod1, lod2 etc the new layout will just refer to the wrong position because the lightmap layout = uv lightmap channel in lod0.

Comment

Originally posted by ÅsmundSchei View Post
            Hello, how can I make sure that Unreal uses the GPU lightmass? I replaced the engine folder, but it still starts the normal light building. Also, I did try the lightmass configurater. Im using the latest Nvidia driver 461 and a Asus Rog 2070.
            Copied the engine folder in the wrong Epic Games folder. Working now
            System
            ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

ArtStation
            Artwork thread

Comment

Ok... been asking and no one seems to know. Have you guys ported over a map/level of anything that's been baked with gpulightmass to a android device successfuly? I'm on 4.26 and no matter what I do I get the "lightmass need to he rebuild message" and the map has these heavy noise specks everywhere where there isn't much light. On the pc it looks flawless with no errors. But porting it to Android does not work due to my complaint. Have you guys had any success? Follow this link to see pics of what I'm talking about.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...his-on-android
              Last edited by syrom; 01-25-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Can Any One Please Help, Its My First Time Using Gpu Lightmass 4.26 And When Starting The Light Bake Process From Build Light Only, It Gives Me An Error (Invalid Device Symbol) . And It Stops Baking The Light,
                And When I attempt To Bake It From Gpu Light Mass Dialog Box, There Is A Message That It Requires Ray Tracing To Be Enabled, Knowing That I Have Enabled It From Project Settings,

Iam Running UR4.26, Nvidia Quadro k4200, Two Processors Intel Xeon x5675
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fayyyad View Post
                  ... Iam Running UR4.26, Nvidia Quadro k4200
                  The Quadro K4200 is too old I'm afraid. You need an RTX20XX or higher for the Epic GPU Lightmass to work (you're showing the Epic GPU lightmass menu in the pic). You could try the GPU lightmass plugin from this topic. Its the older - original GPU lightmass plugin from the same dev (he works now for Epic) I guess that 'old' plugin could work.

Comment

GPU Lightmass is not working with the newest update 4.26.1

Comment

Same issue. GP Lightmas 4.26.0 not working on 4.26.1. Now i have installed 4.26.1, I can`t come back to 4.26.0. Any idea to fix it?

Comment

Greetings! 4.26.1 after update does not start with GPU

Comment

Yeah, will there be an update for 4.26.1?

Comment

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
                            The Quadro K4200 is too old I'm afraid. You need an RTX20XX or higher for the Epic GPU Lightmass to work (you're showing the Epic GPU lightmass menu in the pic). You could try the GPU lightmass plugin from this topic. Its the older - original GPU lightmass plugin from the same dev (he works now for Epic) I guess that 'old' plugin could work.
                            Older gpus are supported too, including the GTX10XX series and the GTX 1660.

Comment

Same mistake... I downloaded the new version, and my project don't run on this correctly without the GPU lightmass modified... I'm feeling like a newbie ahah
                              I hope the new GPU come early...
                              Last edited by wajchert.nicolas; 02-04-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know the usual timeframe for the update to be released?

Comment

Working...
                                X