No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody know a work around this issue I'm having with indirect lighting? It seems that I'm having indirect lighting artifacts in my archviz scene. When I'm far away from the object a "banding" artifact is very apparent. And when I get closer to the object, the banding disappears. I'm currently running GPU lightmass on 4.25 with raytraced reflections only, and an HDRI backdrop blueprint witht the skylight mobility set to stationary.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.PNG
Views:	2216
Size:	406.7 KB
ID:	1835139 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 2.PNG
Views:	2113
Size:	524.1 KB
ID:	1835140

Comment

Originally posted by danibb View Post
      Hello,

i am having this problem with some large lightmaps. I think it is related to mip. When i am closer lightmap seems to be smooth, but at some distance i get this kind of compression banding.... any ideas? I have already built at top quality settings, lightmap resolution, is hight, compression is disabled.

Click image for larger version Name:	HighresScreenshot00004.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.8 KB ID:	1817293

Click image for larger version Name:	HighresScreenshot00003.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.8 KB ID:	1817292Edit:

i have disabled mip gen setting in the lightmap (lucky i found it), to no mip maps. and now it look ok.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot000005.jpg
Views:	2998
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	1817299

Question: Is there a way to force all lightmaps to nomipmap?
      maybe is related to this?

Comment

Originally posted by fco3d View Post

maybe is related to this?
        Thanks, that seems to do the trick, I used the lightmap viewer / debugger from the Marketplace to edit the exact lightmap I'm trying to fix!!!

Comment

any help .. i still have out of memory when i Build The GPU Lightmass

Comment

UE4.26 preview7 Open RayTracing, start GPU Lightmass plugin, UE4 crashes, please help...

Fatal error: [Filel error:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/ShaderCompiler/ShaderCompiler.cpp] [Line: 5232] Failed to compile global shader FStationaryLightShadowTracingRGS . Enable 'r.ShaderDevelopmentMode' in ConsoleVariables.ini for retries.

UE4Editor_Engine
            UE4Editor_Engine
            UE4Editor_Engine
            UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
            UE4Editor
            UE4Editor
            UE4Editor
            UE4Editor
            UE4Editor
            kernel32
            ntdll

Comment

Originally posted by jingweifln View Post
              UE4.26 preview7 Open RayTracing, start GPU Lightmass plugin, UE4 crashes, please help...

Fatal error: [Filel error:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/ShaderCompiler/ShaderCompiler.cpp] [Line: 5232] Failed to compile global shader FStationaryLightShadowTracingRGS . Enable 'r.ShaderDevelopmentMode' in ConsoleVariables.ini for retries.

UE4Editor_Engine
              UE4Editor_Engine
              UE4Editor_Engine
              UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
              UE4Editor
              UE4Editor
              UE4Editor
              UE4Editor
              UE4Editor
              kernel32
              ntdll
              i have same problem here

Comment

HI

I am getting this error when i bake a 4 storey house in UE4.25
                I am using GPU lightmass there are only 1609 actors and 2163 unbuilt objects to be built.
                Any ideas how to fix this error?

09:47:24: LogWindows: Warning: CreateProc failed: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x00000002)
                09:47:24: CreateProc failed: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x00000002)
                09:47:24: LogWindows: Warning: URL: ../DotNET/AutoReporter.exe 21484 "UE4AutoReportDump.txt" "UnrealLight_WINDOWS-VUG3MTE_D0B4E56149EA0B0B8917ADBC0979F349.log" "UE4AutoReportIniDump.txt" "" -unattended
                09:47:24: URL: ../DotNET/AutoReporter.exe 21484 "UE4AutoReportDump.txt" "UnrealLight_WINDOWS-VUG3MTE_D0B4E56149EA0B0B8917ADBC0979F349.log" "UE4AutoReportIniDump.txt" "" -unattended
                09:47:24: LogLightmass: Error: Couldn't start up the Auto Reporting process!
                09:47:24: Couldn't start up the Auto Reporting process!
                09:47:24: *** CRITICAL ERROR! Machine: WINDOWS-VUG3MTE
                09:47:24: *** CRITICAL ERROR! Logfile: UnrealLight_WINDOWS-VUG3MTE_D0B4E56149EA0B0B8917ADBC0979F349.log
                09:47:24: *** CRITICAL ERROR! Crash report:

Comment

Hi! I'm facing a problem with Rect lights. They are literally not working at all, not casting shadows, not emitting GI, at all. Working in an archviz project. The baked result is the same raster cone it creates by default (Yes, it is a static light)

Directional Lighting works normally, but the scene we are working on requires both.

On a 1660 Super

GPU Lightmass

CPU Lightmass:

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fuchsen View Post
                    Hi! I'm facing a problem with Rect lights. They are literally not working at all, not casting shadows, not emitting GI, at all. Working in an archviz project. The baked result is the same raster cone it creates by default (Yes, it is a static light)
                    I have 4.25.4 and GTX1660 and RectLight works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDow View Post

I have 4.25.4 and GTX1660 and RectLight works fine.
                      You already have GI from your sky, try illuminating with nothing more than Rect Light, they are not emitting GI.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fuchsen View Post

You already have GI from your sky, try illuminating with nothing more than Rect Light, they are not emitting GI.
                        If you need that kind of lighting and Rect Light is not working, then try using meshes with emissive material. These are from my old tests:
                        Last edited by JohnDow; 12-04-2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

i Hve Problem in 4.26 after i build light with gpulightmass i found that there is flickering in lightmass .. seems to be reloaded Everytime ..
                          please someone Help me
                          and i have quiestion .. is There any way to stor the raytrace shadows after build .. ?

Comment

Originally posted by ASMS2015 View Post
                            i Hve Problem in 4.26 after i build light with gpulightmass i found that there is flickering in lightmass .. seems to be reloaded Everytime ..
                            please someone Help me
                            and i have quiestion .. is There any way to stor the raytrace shadows after build .. ?
                            I am pretty sure old GPU Lightmass conflicts with new official GPU Lightmass.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

I Will Try and i will Put the Result ..
                              thankx For Ansowering Me

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

still the same Problem

Comment

Working...
                                X