No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, how do you get such smooth results from the gpulightmass? I always get noisy results. Are there some denoising options for the lightmaps?

Comment

Originally posted by UElaci View Post
      Hey guys, how do you get such smooth results from the gpulightmass? I always get noisy results. Are there some denoising options for the lightmaps?
      1.World Settings / Compress Lightmaps unchecked.
      2. BaseLightmass file - [DevOptions.GPULightmass]
      NumPrimaryGISamples=128
      NumSecondaryGISamples=64
      3. Good UV in geometry and high Lightmap resolution.

That's it!

Comment

virtual texture work but virtual lightmaps doesn't work 4.25.3

Comment

Originally posted by ldo View Post

1.World Settings / Compress Lightmaps unchecked.
          2. BaseLightmass file - [DevOptions.GPULightmass]
          NumPrimaryGISamples=128
          NumSecondaryGISamples=64
          3. Good UV in geometry and high Lightmap resolution.

That's it!
          Alright I'll increase the settings then, thanks.

Comment

Hi ppl!

New in Unreal Engine here

I have a Titan Z from 2014 (a good friend gave it to me a few months ago) and I'd like to know if I can use this with my graphic card or is not compatible with this plugin.

Thanks!

Comment

is there gpu lightmass that supports 4.25.3 ??

Comment

Originally posted by Daciansolgen View Post
                is there gpu lightmass that supports 4.25.3 ??
                Yes, posted about 10 posts above yours:
                https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...00#post1795900

Comment

Hey guys, Im really getting into all this stuff. Already tried out version 4.26 (developer) with built in devrendering plugin (by Loushuang who works at epic now). Its great but not very stable for larger scenes so far.

Still I got some questions for this original Loushuang 'plugin' I couldnt totally answer myself: Are all the lightmass settings (world settings) available when using this 'plugin'. Somewhere I read not all of them actually change something because of the changed baking process.

I lately got problems with splotchy indirect lighting. How often do you guys got problems with datasmith-generated lightmap UVs? Im still not sure if my problems are caused by my lighting settings or my lightmap UVs.

Im really thankful for all the information in this thread and hopeful version 4.26 to bring easier and better results for ArchViz.

Comment

https://youtu.be/mFUqCyEb82g

This is gpu lightmass from 4.25 but this settings. İf enable virtual texture lightmaps everything is yellow and black. I want to more lightmaps but 4.25 gpu lightmass is not support because this option.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	gpu lightmas.png
Views:	1586
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1804878

Comment

Hi all, my GPU utilization is quite low averaging around 2%, and I Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (632).png
Views:	1382
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	1805788Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (632).png
Views:	1373
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	1805789 have already done this step... (Open Windows' task manager, go to the "performance" tab, select your GPU than on the right select one of the small windows and choose "Cuda" in the dropdown menu).......please help
                      Attached Files

Comment

Excuse me,4.25.3GPUlightmass can I use unreal swarm ? Thanks !

Comment

pude correr el lighmass bajando el Cuda para una gtx 1050 ti, esta actualizacion es la que me salvo hasta ahora en septiembre del 2020..

Comment

Why when I try to bake the light I get such a result. I am using Unreal engine version 4.25.3 with Gpu lightmass. Please HELP GUYS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KuatKlichev View Post
                              Why when I try to bake the light I get such a result. I am using Unreal engine version 4.25.3 with Gpu lightmass. Please HELP GUYS!!!
                              Check if you don't have a skybox mesh or something like that with cast shadows on. Even with an unlit material, that'll block GPU lightmass indirect light. If you have one, set a lit material to it, deactivate Cast Shadows and set your sky material again.
                              Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                              Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

If I understood this works only on Nvidia gpu-s? Since I wanted to try this on multiple Radeon RX570 cards is there a way to make that possible?

Comment

Working...
                                X