Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miguel1900 View Post

If you could recreate that same project in an older version of UE4 and share it (only the necessary things, of course), I could test it on 4.22 and 4.24 too, as I noticed some changes that I didn't like on 4.25. I addition we could see how is your actual exterior illumination. Maybe the sky is too powerful.
    Hello again, just sended you a private message with a link to download the test I did to recreate my problen in 4.22. Just writing you here in case you do not recive my private message, if so, let me know and I paste here the download link.

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Idgi_ View Post

Hello again, just sended you a private message with a link to download the test I did to recreate my problen in 4.22. Just writing you here in case you do not recive my private message, if so, let me know and I paste here the download link.

Thank you very much!
      Hi Idgi,

Already tested! After quite tries, I can only conclude that it's an issue related to the lighting bounces on the external floor materials, and it seems to be right (or, at least, as expected with GPU lightmass, as far I know). If you try with a simple black material on floor and with a white one, you will notice it's simple depends on the "reflectiveness" of the surface material.

Regards!
      RTX RayTracing easy global settings tweaker

Advanced HDRi background tool + 64 HDR images

Comment

Good news, everyone https://trello.com/c/tZGbiu9N!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel1900 View Post

Hi Idgi,

Already tested! After quite tries, I can only conclude that it's an issue related to the lighting bounces on the external floor materials, and it seems to be right (or, at least, as expected with GPU lightmass, as far I know). If you try with a simple black material on floor and with a white one, you will notice it's simple depends on the "reflectiveness" of the surface material.

Regards!
          thank you very much!! that was what I suspected...sad, because I really preffer to work with the old bp sky than the new sunsky...I made some test with the new sunsky, and the results are much better...

old bp sky, indirect light coming from a window , you can see the window on all the walls, wich is not realistic at all

Click image for larger version

Name:	form_baix_100_2500_32_16.png
Views:	3684
Size:	491.0 KB
ID:	1794819

the new sunsky, more realistic GI scattering, but no clouds outside like the old one

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00001.png
Views:	3630
Size:	498.6 KB
ID:	1794820

Comment

After about a week trying to figure out the problem I found out and it is from using the GPU Lightmass.

So I updated from v4.25.1 to the v4.25.3 of Unreal but I didn't know I could't revert back to the previous version.
            I tried to use the GPULightmass for the v4.25.1 in the lattest version 4.25.3

It works... but I am getting this noise shown on the picture bellow everywhere. Took a week to figure out that if I render with the CPU the noise goes away.
            I am using a skylight and a HDRi only in the picture.

I also did a try on 4.24.3 version of Unreal with the correct GPULightmass and the same happens, but not when I use CPU.

Anyone knows what can I do?

Click image for larger version  Name:	screenshot1b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.4 KB ID:	1794844

Comment

thank you very much!! that was what I suspected...sad, because I really preffer to work with the old bp sky than the new sunsky...I made some test with the new sunsky, and the results are much better...

old bp sky, indirect light coming from a window , you can see the window on all the walls, wich is not realistic at all

(...)

the new sunsky, more realistic GI scattering, but no clouds outside like the old one

(...)
              Hm! Could you share your SunSky settings, please?

I'm thinking maybe you are using the Sun inside it as Static or Stationary, with a high intensity value, and the Sky component inside the BP as Movable, maybe or with very low intensity?

Your external floor, which was quite grey-dark, is still as dark? or too burned out?

Because I'm getting the same result with both systems (when adjusting it it have the same settings)
              Last edited by Miguel1900; 07-30-2020, 01:29 PM.
              RTX RayTracing easy global settings tweaker

Advanced HDRi background tool + 64 HDR images

Comment

Hi any update for 4.25.3 versions? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thundermax1979 View Post
                  Hi any update for 4.25.3 versions? thanks
                  Here you go:

GPU Lightmass 4.25.3

Download binaries

Source code

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post

Here you go:

GPU Lightmass 4.25.3

Download binaries

Source code
                    Thank you!
                    Tcimage3d Studio
                    Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
                    Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
                    Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

Comment

It's happening! https://trello.com/c/tZGbiu9N/587-gpu-lightmass-beta
                      GPU Lightmass on 4.26
                      Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                      Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post
                        is it ready for building ?

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post

GPU Lightmass for UE 4.24.0

Binaries for older version of UE4 can still be found here.
                          I LOVE you,thank you so much.

Comment

Hi! I've found this issue on the 4.25 gpu. There's light bleading on the edges. that didn't happen on 4.23

https://ibb.co/xjjrx1h
                            https://ibb.co/TKJVMb2

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post
                              Wonder if it will work with upcoming AMD Big Navi cards too?
                              tox.chat - Skype alternative, fast C/C++, no bloat.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	form_baix_100_2500_32_16.png Views:	659 Size:	491.0 KB ID:	1794819

Click image for larger version  Name:	HighresScreenshot00001.png Views:	647 Size:	498.6 KB ID:	1794820
                                hi ldgi_,

i notice the same problem of wrong lighting with GPULM. UE ver. 4.25.3. GPULM ver. 4.25.1 (4.25.3 has the same issue).

I have try both with old bp sky and new sunsky no difference in my scene. Lower Hemisphere is solid color - unchecked. Default CPU Lightmass is ok.
                                Could you please send me exact this scene to test?

Comment

Working...
                                X