Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Luoshuang,
    It there going to be some update for 4.23 and later?

Comment

Hi!
      Do you know why if I disable static shadows for all of my foliage, they are still built in the lighting?
      Is there a way to fix this?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Avi Aggarwal View Post
        I am having a problem when I build lights. It is giving me an error "Invalid device symbol". I am attaching a screenshot of my problem. Please help.
        Hola, Como lo solucionaste?

Comment

[CITA = Avi Aggarwal; n1585066] Tengo un problema cuando construyo luces. Me está dando un error "Símbolo de dispositivo no válido". Adjunto una captura de pantalla de mi problema. Por favor ayuda. [/ QUOTE]
          hola .. Como lo solucionaste?

Comment

Hello! Tell me, is there an opportunity to use the second graphics card? Now only 1 works, the second is idle.
            (sorry for my English)
            Thanks
            Last edited by Perekupenko; 06-20-2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Perekupenko View Post
              Hello! Tell me, is there an opportunity to use the second graphics card? Now only 1 works, the second is idle.
              (sorry for my English)
              Thanks
              hi, i have same situation , 2 - 1080ti and one 2070s ,
              how many card support?
              Sorry for my english x2

Comment

when i build light with models imported with datasmith they all getting grainy/ noisy also it looks like there is light leak on the edge. i drawn arrows were the problems are. i uses sky light & portals and post process with custom exposure. can some one help me??
                Attached Files

Comment

Need Help, i've been all day installing and reinstalling path of epic games, still have the same problem

Also when i run the CMD Lightmass_Installer

File not found - HASH.TXT
                  ERRO: CPU Lightmass Kernel version is unknown.

File not found - HASH.TXT
                  INFO: EDITOR HASH: 3f5fee308af0fda374e7f6bbc5f0cc79

Click image for larger version

Name:	123.jpg
Views:	2804
Size:	629.4 KB
ID:	1780445

Comment

Originally posted by Makigirl View Post

Your lightmap UVs is not ideal: too many seamscuts where you see the black pathes! Those are the edges of the given lightmap uv!
                    You should try to create your own lightmap, keeping the full fabric (visible part) as one island!
                    Thank you. when i changed UV channel 1 to 0 its fixed

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post
                      GPU Lightmass 4.25.1

Binaries download

Source code
                      Thank you!!!

I got just one question...I used to use gpulightmass with that script where you where able to choose quality...my question is, to do it without it, the only quality settings are to set at production quality in the editor and change in the "Baselightmass.ini" the "NumPrimaryGISamples=xxx and NumSecondaryGISamples= xx" is that right??

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Idgi_ View Post

Thank you!!!

I got just one question...I used to use gpulightmass with that script where you where able to choose quality...my question is, to do it without it, the only quality settings are to set at production quality in the editor and change in the "Baselightmass.ini" the "NumPrimaryGISamples=xxx and NumSecondaryGISamples= xx" is that right??

thank you
                        Yes that's basically it.
                        If you look at what the old "auto install script" did, it changed the values to the files you mentioned based on some quality presets (UniFast, UniMedium, UniUltra, UniExtreme and UniInsane):

LightmassConfiguration.bat opened with Notepad++:
                        Code:
                        :UniFast
                        powershell -Command "(Get-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini') | ForEach-Object { $_ -replace 'NumPrimaryGISamples=.*','NumPrimaryGISamples=16' } | Set-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini'"
                        powershell -Command "(Get-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini') | ForEach-Object { $_ -replace 'NumSecondaryGISamples=.*','NumSecondaryGISamples=8' } | Set-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini'"
                        IF !_LOOP! EQU 1 GOTO :Settings
                        EXIT /B

:UniMedium
                        powershell -Command "(Get-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini') | ForEach-Object { $_ -replace 'NumPrimaryGISamples=.*','NumPrimaryGISamples=32' } | Set-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini'"
                        powershell -Command "(Get-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini') | ForEach-Object { $_ -replace 'NumSecondaryGISamples=.*','NumSecondaryGISamples=16' } | Set-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini'"
                        EXIT /B

:UniUltra
                        powershell -Command "(Get-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini') | ForEach-Object { $_ -replace 'NumPrimaryGISamples=.*','NumPrimaryGISamples=64' } | Set-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini'"
                        powershell -Command "(Get-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini') | ForEach-Object { $_ -replace 'NumSecondaryGISamples=.*','NumSecondaryGISamples=16' } | Set-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini'"
                        EXIT /B

:UniExtreme
                        powershell -Command "(Get-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini') | ForEach-Object { $_ -replace 'NumPrimaryGISamples=.*','NumPrimaryGISamples=128' } | Set-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini'"
                        powershell -Command "(Get-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini') | ForEach-Object { $_ -replace 'NumSecondaryGISamples=.*','NumSecondaryGISamples=32' } | Set-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini'"
                        EXIT /B

:UniInsane
                        powershell -Command "(Get-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini') | ForEach-Object { $_ -replace 'NumPrimaryGISamples=.*','NumPrimaryGISamples=256' } | Set-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini'"
                        powershell -Command "(Get-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini') | ForEach-Object { $_ -replace 'NumSecondaryGISamples=.*','NumSecondaryGISamples=64' } | Set-Content '!pInstallDir!\Engine\Config\BaseLightmass.ini'"
                        EXIT /B

Comment

• Hello! Can someone help me figure out if I can't load these apis
                          13:32:27: [Interface:TryOpenConnection] Local connection established
                          13:32:28: [Job] Accepted Job 126C50C6-4DE2FA1F-A30F46B4-3AF292C1
                          13:32:30: [Job] Launched Job UnrealLightmass_2020-05-07_00-27-09_1152000-64bit.exe
                          13:32:30: [Job] PID is 5660
                          13:32:30: [Job] GUID is "126C50C6-4DE2FA1F-A30F46B4-3AF292C1"
                          13:32:30: LogLightmass: Display: Lightmass Win64 started on: SHAO. Command-line: 126C50C64DE2FA1FA30F46B43AF292C1
                          13:32:30: Failed to determine engine directory: Defaulting to ../../../Engine/
                          13:32:30: Failed to load 'aqProf.dll' (GetLastError=126)
                          13:32:30: File 'aqProf.dll' does not exist
                          13:32:30: Failed to load 'VtuneApi.dll' (GetLastError=126)
                          13:32:30: File 'VtuneApi.dll' does not exist
                          13:32:30: Failed to load 'VtuneApi32e.dll' (GetLastError=126)

Comment

I'm having a problem where my Mrays/sec go down to crawl on my 2070 Super. I usually get between 200-350Mrays/sec when baking, however relatively frequently, my rays drop to only 5-10Mrays/sec. Sometimes just stopping the bake and starting over fixes the problem, however I have a current project where that doesn't seem to help, but sometimes restarting unreal all together solves it. There doesn't really seem to be a consistent fix.

I thought the problem was initially that I was getting very close to the VRAM limit, but my current problematic scene is well under the VRAM limit. so I don't think that is the cause.

My colleague with a 1080 has never encountered this problem, even with the same scenes.

The screenshot below maybe explains the cause of the slow down, instead of the CUDA usage being steady and the 3D usage being close to 0, which I see when the Mrays/sec are 200-350, the CUDA usage constantly spikes up and down and 3D usage is quite high.

Has anyone experienced this before or has some insight to the problem?Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1665
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1790469

Comment

Bake Performance problems.
                              When bake:
                              1) Turn off Realtime in EDITOR
                              2) Move the SWARM app to the top ( visible - it really helps, believe me ) ( you can find its yellow icon in the system try )
                              3) Do not overload CPU with other things ( it can be a bottleneck for GPU computation cause CPU is also utilized very hard)

I have the same issues with my RTX2080ti and this what I wrote is a solution for it.
                              https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

Originally posted by Muchasty View Post
                                Bake Performance problems.
                                When bake:
                                1) Turn off Realtime in EDITOR
                                2) Move the SWARM app to the top ( visible - it really helps, believe me ) ( you can find its yellow icon in the system try )
                                3) Do not overload CPU with other things ( it can be a bottleneck for GPU computation cause CPU is also utilized very hard)

I have the same issues with my RTX2080ti and this what I wrote is a solution for it.
                                Thanks for the recommendations, turning off Realtime in the editor seems to have fixed it, but I'm sure I was also getting this issue when running the bake via cmd. Anyway, time will tell I guess!

Comment

Working...
                                X