Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I have a problem after 12 hours of GPU Baking

    GPULightmass Kernel: Line 220: cudaCheckError: out of memory

    This means that video card exhausted limit of video memory?
    Buy the way, i have noticed that bake process using CPU and pagefile too (which in my case was 140 000 GB)
    Please help me understand which memory insuficient in this case.
    You can find full swarm log in attach.

    PC Specs:
    i9-7900x
    16 GB DDR4
    Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080
    Attached Files

    Comment


      Originally posted by Labuschevskyy View Post
      I have a problem after 12 hours of GPU Baking

      GPULightmass Kernel: Line 220: cudaCheckError: out of memory

      This means that video card exhausted limit of video memory?
      Yes. Usually, if you find that you need lightmap resolution > 1K with GPULightmass, you'll probably want to change your workflow. It's very rare that you need 2K or 4K lightmaps, even for archviz.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

        Yes. Usually, if you find that you need lightmap resolution > 1K with GPULightmass, you'll probably want to change your workflow. It's very rare that you need 2K or 4K lightmaps, even for archviz.
        But my video card have processed so many lihtmaps with 4096 resolution before crash.
        Maybe i should try to increase my TDR? Now its set up on 300.
        Or maybe there is a way to make second video card get in the bake? Maybe with SLI?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Labuschevskyy View Post

          But my video card have processed so many lihtmaps with 4096 resolution before crash.
          Maybe i should try to increase my TDR? Now its set up on 300.
          Or maybe there is a way to make second video card get in the bake? Maybe with SLI?
          Looks werid. Maybe GPULightmass has some memory leaks. I'll look into it.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

            Looks werid. Maybe GPULightmass has some memory leaks. I'll look into it.
            That will be great!) What about multiple video cards? Do you plan to add support for this?

            Comment


              Luoshuang Hi, thanks a ton for making this.
              I am having this issue after trying to baking lighting for an older project:

              ''The lunch timed out and was terminated''

              Any ideas why this might be happening?

              Thanks.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Labuschevskyy View Post

                That will be great!) What about multiple video cards? Do you plan to add support for this?
                Also did you try the command line baking technique?

                Currently no plan for multi-GPU since I'm still working on core sampling algorithm. You can use distributed rendering to leverage multiple GPUs on different machines.

                Comment


                  A quick question? how many ram and video memory requires?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Luoshuang View Post

                    Also did you try the command line baking technique?

                    Currently no plan for multi-GPU since I'm still working on core sampling algorithm. You can use distributed rendering to leverage multiple GPUs on different machines.
                    Didn`t try it yet. Will try ASAP and let you know!

                    PS: For now i have decided to split my scene and try to bake only 30% of it.

                    Comment


                      Hey Guys,

                      I was wondering if anyone has managed to set up a swarm so that I can bake the Lightmass with multiple GPU's.
                      If so please let me know because when I try this the swarm status of my client PC stays Unassigned.

                      I also have a small feature request. It would be great if you could bake the lightmass of only the selected item. So that I don't have to recalculate everything.

                      Comment


                        Luoshuang,

                        Amazing stuff !
                        Do you plan to support IES ligths in the near future?
                        Guillermo Leal LLaguno
                        www.steelbluellc.com

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post

                          so the normal baking windiw will start just like stock UE4
                          Yes, and also a separate, smaller window titled GPU Lightmass Progress.
                          http://www.pixelpirates.se/
                          Architectural and product visualisations

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Frepp73 View Post

                            Yes, and also a separate, smaller window titled GPU Lightmass Progress.
                            I don't get the second window, all I get is a regular window

                            Comment


                              Hey Luoshuang ,

                              Maybe you should update the original post with the couple lines to change for users building the engine source? ^^ You gave me the changes to made at page 3.

                              Just made a video as someone asked me some help :


                              LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
                                Hey Luoshuang ,

                                Maybe you should update the original post with the couple lines to change for users building the engine source? ^^ You gave me the changes to made at page 3.

                                Just made a video as someone asked me some help :

                                I am using the Binary installation btw

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X