No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does GPU lightmass support bouncing/indirect lightning from light sources other than Skylight/Directional light? I can't get light bounced from areas directly lit by Spot/Point/Area light sources, Lightning view mode shows only direct lightning. Using 4.25, I think I had problem in 4.24.3 as well.

EDIT: I think I might have a clue - disabling Inverse Falloff from Spotlight seems to disable bouncing/indirect lightning (or possibly make it so weak you can't see in Lightning viewport mode). Could anyone verify it?
    Last edited by tonpix; 06-04-2020, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Hello! my first time writing in this beatiful place in the world. Thank you guys for all this time working on this proyect!

I`m working on 4.25 and got this really bad quality shadows but only from spotlights... all the assests are with big resolution maps, and my lightmass congif is good i think....

​​​​​​​VisibilityNormalOffsetSampleRadiusScale=.5

[DevOptions.StaticLightingProductionQuality]
      NumShadowRaysScale=32
      NumPenumbraShadowRaysScale=64

[DevOptions.GPULightmass]
      NumPrimaryGISamples=128
      NumSecondaryGISamples=64
      FireflyClampingThreshold=10000.0

any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by lucascba2 View Post
        Hello! my first time writing in this beatiful place in the world. Thank you guys for all this time working on this proyect!

I`m working on 4.25 and got this really bad quality shadows but only from spotlights... all the assests are with big resolution maps, and my lightmass congif is good i think....

VisibilityNormalOffsetSampleRadiusScale=.5

NumShadowRaysScale=32

NumPrimaryGISamples=128
        NumSecondaryGISamples=64

any ideas?
        Here the same thing is happening, lightmaps all in order and the shadow looks like this :-(

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-06-08 at 16.37.28.jpeg
Views:	2704
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1773150​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by tc22 View Post
          dev rendering seem not wrok! any one can look this video help me?
          For the Realtime Lightmap Progross, you have to enable Virtual Texturing in Project Settings. It looks Correct after Lightbuild, you have a red floor and the Color is bouncing on to the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by mgnecco View Post

Here the same thing is happening, lightmaps all in order and the shadow looks like this :-(

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-06-08 at 16.37.28.jpeg
Views:	2704
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1773150​​​​​​​
            Your table's lightmap resolution is too low! /you can see the size of the texels!/

Comment

Originally posted by lucascba2 View Post

​​​​​​​VisibilityNormalOffsetSampleRadiusScale=.5

NumShadowRaysScale=32

NumPrimaryGISamples=128
              NumSecondaryGISamples=64

any ideas?
              The same with your scene too:
              Your floor's lightmap resolution is too low! /you can see the size of the texels!/

Comment

Originally posted by mashna1364 View Post
                HI,Can anyone help, what is the reason?
                Lightmap density is ok. in Insane quality they are too.

Name:	InkedHighresScreenshot00001_LI.jpg
Views:	3659
Size:	623.2 KB
ID:	1768069
                Your lightmap UVs is not ideal: too many seamscuts where you see the black pathes! Those are the edges of the given lightmap uv!
                You should try to create your own lightmap, keeping the full fabric (visible part) as one island!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel1900 View Post

If objest is movable, GPU lightmass shouldn't have any effect on it, as it's not going to bake any lighting, right?
                  Since it creates the same volumetric samples in the world I'm assuming it works the same: you'll need to turn on the use of static lighting on those movable meshes and tune the sample placement under lightmass (Volumetric Lightmap Detail Cell size...)!

Comment

Originally posted by Makigirl View Post

The same with your scene too:
                    Your floor's lightmap resolution is too low! /you can see the size of the texels!/
                    Thank you Makigirl... the lightmap resolutions are very hight, but yes i need more! i dont undersatand why i used to work with that definition and it was fine, and now is not.

but now im working with all the walls exploded, each side a different object, and 1024 lightmaps.... and is really better, but not good enough.

i will continue testing....

thank you!

Comment

hello .. why I'm getting this problem and the GPU lightmass crash and it stop the light building ..!!
                      I'm using the 4.24.3 and 4.25.1 version and its the same problem
                      ps: I copied the engine file to the installation directory file.
                      anyone have a proper installation guide I'll be thankful ...

Comment

Originally posted by moon.studio View Post
                        hello .. why I'm getting this problem and the GPU lightmass crash and it stop the light building ..!!
                        I'm using the 4.24.3 and 4.25.1 version and its the same problem
                        ps: I copied the engine file to the installation directory file.
                        anyone have a proper installation guide I'll be thankful ...
                        Try to clean and then validate the cache in swarm agent!

Comment

is 4.25.1 supported? i accidentally updated to 4.25.1 and now every time i try to bake lighting with gpu lightmass it throws an error after completing building BVH (the error says invalid argument)

Comment

Originally posted by Makigirl View Post

Try to clean and then validate the cache in swarm agent!
                            i did that but the problem still there look what it says on the swarm agent log

Comment

GPU Lightmass 4.25.1

Binaries download

Source code

Comment

" GPULightmass Kernel: Line 106: cudaCheckError: invalid argument"

Comment

Working...
                                X