No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm fighting against Gpu lightmass using HDRI. I always gets fireflies and not so sure how to avoid it. Lowering FireflyClampingThreshold making lighning gets awful

Any idea? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post
      GPU Lightmass 4.25.0

Binaries download

Source code
      I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. I will look for you, I will find you... and I will love you.

Seriously tho, thank you for the incredibly quick response!

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post
        GPU Lightmass 4.25.0

Binaries download

Source code
        Hello,

This issue was introduced in 4.25 (since preview) and it's still there in final release, and is also there when baking with this GPULightmass. Luoshuang

https://imgsli.com/MTQ5NTc

Not getting responds on the bug report or in the forum. case 00171212 and have replied 3 times without hearing back again.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post

Hello,

This issue was introduced in 4.25 (since preview) and it's still there in final release, and is also there when baking with this GPULightmass. Luoshuang

https://imgsli.com/MTQ5NTc

Not getting responds on the bug report or in the forum. case 00171212 and have replied 3 times without hearing back again.

Any ideas?
          Try bumping VisibilityNormalOffsetSampleRadiusScale in BaseLightmass.ini from .1 to .5 (that's what I was told, I haven't tried it since I am still on 4.24)

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Try bumping VisibilityNormalOffsetSampleRadiusScale in BaseLightmass.ini from .1 to .5 (that's what I was told, I haven't tried it since I am still on 4.24)
            Helped but the issue is still slightly there.

Edit: With 0.5 It's good enough in Lit mode now. I guess a bit of the issue has always been there I just wasn't looking close enough.

Thanks a lot.
            Last edited by Maximum-Dev; 05-07-2020, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post

Helped but the issue is still slightly there.

Edit: With 0.5 It's good enough in Lit mode now. I guess a bit of the issue has always been there I just wasn't looking close enough.

Thanks a lot.
              Could you please post comparison screenshot (like you did before) with 0.1 and 0.5 values ?

Comment

Originally posted by samdax View Post
                I'm fighting against Gpu lightmass using HDRI. I always gets fireflies and not so sure how to avoid it. Lowering FireflyClampingThreshold making lighning gets awful

Any idea? thanks!
                Please go dozen posts back. There is my explanation how to avoid splotches ( white[ light/baked reflections ] or black [shadows/openwork elements] ).
                https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Could you please post comparison screenshot (like you did before) with 0.1 and 0.5 values ?
                  Sure.

https://imgsli.com/MTU4ODY

Comment

I have a problem with movable objects not rendering well . The spotlights are stationary. Help!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_4.png
Views:	3918
Size:	364.4 KB
ID:	1758157
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by iJokerboy View Post
                      I have a problem with movable objects not rendering well . The spotlights are stationary. Help!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_4.png
Views:	3918
Size:	364.4 KB
ID:	1758157
                      If objest is movable, GPU lightmass shouldn't have any effect on it, as it's not going to bake any lighting, right?
                      RTX RayTracing easy global settings tweaker

Advanced HDRi background tool + 64 HDR images

Comment

I just updated to full 4.25 release and replaced the engine folder with the download for gpu lightmass 4.25.0....however, when I start a build, it just runs default swarm agent and photon mapping. Any ideas what might be wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason it just started working magically
                        Last edited by Daedalus51; 05-17-2020, 07:29 AM.
                        Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
                        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Can somebody confirm: GPU Lightmass does NOT support Rectangular Lights?

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel1900 View Post

If objest is movable, GPU lightmass shouldn't have any effect on it, as it's not going to bake any lighting, right?
                            You can use a "Lightmass Character Indirect Detail Volume" to get more indirect lighting samples that should improve lighting on moveable meshes.

Comment

Originally posted by ghassen charai View Post
                              hello, when i try to install the script this error occurs, keep in mind i installed the ue4 4.21 on another drive ? Any help please?

i have this problem same, and i don't know how to solve it.

Please help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lostra01 View Post

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. I will look for you, I will find you... and I will love you.

Seriously tho, thank you for the incredibly quick response!
                                Best reference usage ever!!!! Taken almost word for word, I could hear the voice, and I was terrified and electrified all at the same time ... thanks for GPULightmassing my day!

Comment

Working...
                                X