No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is Luoshuang's GPULightmass thread, can you open a new one for general GPU Lighmass discussion?

Comment

i dont see gpu lightmass plugin in 4.25 preview 1

Comment

hi is there a easy way to inbstall the gpu lightmass im not a programer so i dont know nothing about coding i mean i cant find that easy bat installer that lets you choose the quality does anyone have that .bat installer for 4.24.2 ?? pleaseeeee

Comment

Originally posted by danielr201448 View Post
          hi is there a easy way to inbstall the gpu lightmass im not a programer so i dont know nothing about coding i mean i cant find that easy bat installer that lets you choose the quality does anyone have that .bat installer for 4.24.2 ?? pleaseeeee
          you can download the code here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iejfroyne...2Z90q7cfa?dl=0

after you downloaded the "Engine" folder you can go to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.24 and replace the "Engine" folder. If you wanna change the Quality Settings, you can create a Lightmass.ini file in your Project "Config" folder.

now you can set or change these values:

FastPreview:
          NumPrimaryGISamples=16
          NumSecondaryGISamples=8

MediumQuality:
          NumPrimaryGISamples=32
          NumSecondaryGISamples=16

UltraHigh:
          NumPrimaryGISamples=64
          NumSecondaryGISamples=16

Extreme:
          NumPrimaryGISamples=128
          NumSecondaryGISamples=32
          Last edited by Lesuge; 03-06-2020, 06:21 AM.

Comment

GPU Lightmass 4.24.3

Binaries download

Source code

Comment

Thank you for this release! Works for me.

Could somebody clarify what is going on at the moment with GPU Lightmass?

Luoshuang is not working on this particular GPU Lightmass Lightmap renderer anymore himself?

But he is working on an official DXR GPU Lightmass Renderer that will be part of an official UE4 release in the future (4.26 maybe)?

Is this correct?
              www.c3d.at

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post
                GPU Lightmass 4.24.3

Binaries download

Source code
                Thank you very much for this.
                I can't access the Sources code, I get an 404 error every time I do have a basic account in github, there is something I am missing?
                Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by fco3d View Post

Thank you very much for this.
                  I can't access the Sources code, I get an 404 error every time I do have a basic account in github, there is something I am missing?
                  Thank you
                  You have to link your epic account to your github account.
                  See here:
                  https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ine/index.html

Comment

Thank you @NiukNiuk
                    Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by C3D View Post
                      Thank you for this release! Works for me.

Could somebody clarify what is going on at the moment with GPU Lightmass?

Luoshuang is not working on this particular GPU Lightmass Lightmap renderer anymore himself?

But he is working on an official DXR GPU Lightmass Renderer that will be part of an official UE4 release in the future (4.26 maybe)?

Is this correct?
                      That's pretty much correct, as far as I know.

It seems that dev-rendering is the only branch that currently has the upcoming DXR GPULightmass on it. You can follow its commits here (obviously includes a lot of non-GPULM stuff) https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE.../dev-rendering

Comment

Originally posted by svv3d View Post
                        If you want to test the GPULightmass prototype:

* Download dev-rendering branch from GitHub and build it.

* Enable ray tracing (including switching default RHI to DX12 and check 'ray tracing'. And having a DXR capable graphics card with Win10 version >= 1809).

* Enable virtual texture and virtual texutured lightmaps in project settings (optional, yet without this realtime preview in editor will be unavailable).

* Enable GPULightmass plugin and restart the editor currently no UI has been setup, so just a bunch of console commands r.GPULightmass.xxxx controls parameters and finally, ToggleLightmapPreview to start GPULightmass in editor.

* GPULightmass throttles itself when the level editor viewport is realtime. To make it run at full speed, uncheck 'realtime' in the viewport options.

P.S.:I tested this on my GTX 1070. Everything is working fine.
                        HI thank you svv3d!
                        it worked , but how can i reduce noise for scene ?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by tc22; 03-10-2020, 12:00 PM.
                        Tcimage3d Studio
                        Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
                        Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
                        Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

Comment

I got the GPULightMass for verision 4.24.1. However, I got a result with a lot of noise even I set the lighting quality to product level. Also, I increased some parameters in BaseLightmass.ini, and it was the same. So, need I change any other parameters? or It is the GPULightmass algorithm defect?
                          Thanks

Comment

Can someone advice me how to solve this ?

I am using unreal engine version 4.24.2

GTX zotact 1070.

I have installed gpu lightmass as instructed for version 4.24.2

My GPU only works at 4%-5%

How to make it work 100% using GPU lightmass ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	2682
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	1731814
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ArsitekVisual View Post
                              Can someone advice me how to solve this ?

I am using unreal engine version 4.24.2

GTX zotact 1070.

I have installed gpu lightmass as instructed for version 4.24.2

My GPU only works at 4%-5%

How to make it work 100% using GPU lightmass ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	373.1 KB ID:	1731814

https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...htmass/page101

EDIT: woops sorry, didn't see your last screenshot
                              Last edited by NiukNiuk; 03-12-2020, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NiukNiuk View Post

https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...htmass/page101

EDIT: woops sorry, didn't see your last screenshot
                                Hi, Thank You for the solution. I have change it to cuda as seen on the attached screenshot, but my issue is that on the left side of task manager under performance tab, my GPU is still working at 5% power, not showing around 90% of its power.

I have played this GPU lightmass before in unreal engine 4.19. and everything was fine. but now I have no idea after updating my windows 10 and unreal engine to 4.24

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X