Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJAMES44 View Post
    Hi guys, I have complied the next version 4.25 with the new GPUlightmass and I am afraid I can´t make it work on my 1070 graphic card. Not sure if the problem is due to how I have compiled it or that it´s not meant to run on non RTX cards. Below are screenshots of the errors.
    Your error is that you haven't compiled it, most likely.
    Navigate to that path and verify that you actually have the UnrealLightmass.exe there, because that's the error it's giving. Failing to cache it can mean you just didn't compile it.

I don't think lightmass gets compiled by default if you just press build. You have to explicitly build it unless you add it to the include list.

Comment

Greetings community!
      So, is last Lightmass 4.24.2 stable ? No bugs/errors ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.Kiser View Post
        I am having an issue using GPU lightmass in 4.24.2, i have a basic scene with a plane and some primitives, a directional light and a skylight, all static. GPUlightmass does not appear to be working with the skylight at all, the shadows are full black and if I turn off the directional light, all I get is 100% black scene. If I swap back to CPU lightmass, it renders fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	test.PNG
Views:	1140
Size:	411.1 KB
ID:	1717272
        Hi Chris i have the same problem!! could you solve it?

I have a lot of problems with version 4.24.2 my bakes generate black spots and my skylight does not respond in static or stationary mode, I can not see any changes in the viewport and already reinstall the unreal.
        with version 4.24.1 everything was going well for me! Does anyone have the same problem? Can somebody help me! thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NasteX View Post
          Whoa. As a plugin? Wonder when it will be available...

Comment

Originally posted by DsyD View Post

Whoa. As a plugin? Wonder when it will be available...
            I guess we'll get a preview at GDC 2020. Since they mention unrelease rendering technology preview.
            TOUR of DUTY

Comment

Originally posted by jakelloyd View Post

Hi Chris i have the same problem!! could you solve it?

I have a lot of problems with version 4.24.2 my bakes generate black spots and my skylight does not respond in static or stationary mode, I can not see any changes in the viewport and already reinstall the unreal.
              with version 4.24.1 everything was going well for me! Does anyone have the same problem? Can somebody help me! thanks!!!
              Hey Jake,

No I have not found a solution other than working in 4.23 until it gets fixed unfortunately.

Comment

I have a problems with version 4.24.2
                I can’t bake my scene with gpulightmass when I use a collab viewer template.
                Thanks

Comment

Hey guys, I used this GPU lightmass with much success a few months ago, and now that I have reinstalled it to unreal (4.22, same as the previous time) I have noticed that its still fast but not as it used to be, maybe some new drivers are messing with it?

When I am baking I am using a very low % of the GPU (Yes I have checked the CUDA section) and now the same scene that took me 5 minutes to bake, now takes 23. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bake.png
Views:	446
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1720983
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok, so can we leave beside this DXR scrapp and know how to downgrade to 4.24.1 for working GPU lightmass? Where can i get back 24.1?And please stop adding irrelevant comments like, how amazed you are, to this thread so we can se the important messages? I will delete mine afterwards.
                    Last edited by Grigorescu Marian Stelian; 02-15-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjames44 View Post
                      Hi guys, I have complied the next version 4.25 with the new GPUlightmass and I am afraid I can´t make it work on my 1070 graphic card. Not sure if the problem is due to how I have compiled it or that it´s not meant to run on non RTX cards. Below are screenshots of the errors.
                      very very happy
                      when we can download the preview of 4.25 ???

Comment

i Have big Probleme that i want to use my shared gpu memory becouse unreal give me out of memory message
                        i have 1070
                        up to date
                        install cuda Toolkit 10.2

Comment

Originally posted by SonKim View Post

I guess we'll get a preview at GDC 2020. Since they mention unrelease rendering technology preview.
                          So, according to the plugin description, it uses DXR. I wonder if that means the project needs to have ray-tracing enabled. At the least, it means it will require a DXR-capable GPU...I hope that doesn't mean that the packaged project will require players to have a DXR-capable card.

Comment

Working...
                          X