Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rendered this entire apartment in 8 hours with a Quadro P6000 with 2k/4k lightmaps.
    http://www.ue4arch.com

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjp...pois6WVG6hqXNQ
    Latest projects

    Comment


      SWARM set 1 active core causes a mess and only one machine works ( one network XEONZ800....rest IDLE and cold )
      So this option give no distribution at all
      Testing 4 cores for all...

      4 Cores for all gives better distribution. With setting the number of active CPU cores GPU machines can by nicely prioritized.
      Result is: 820sec.


      Last edited by Muchasty; 04-24-2018, 04:26 PM.
      https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

      Comment


        Swarm 4 cores on all machines:
        https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

        Comment


          PROBLEM: Back dots on the wall.
          https://www.artstation.com/tomaszmuszynski

          Comment


            Originally posted by rafareis123 View Post
            Rendered this entire apartment in 8 hours with a Quadro P6000 with 2k/4k lightmaps.
            As someone who doesn't render such heavy scenes, how long would that have taken with standard lightmass?

            Comment


              Originally posted by Wilkes View Post

              As someone who doesn't render such heavy scenes, how long would that have taken with standard lightmass?
              Maybe 40 hours... I don`t know
              http://www.ue4arch.com

              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjp...pois6WVG6hqXNQ
              Latest projects

              Comment


                this is amazing..

                Comment


                  Hi,
                  Kindly forgive my question if it's noobish.
                  I believe this would be beneficial for those of us who aren't very technical with ue4.
                  Can I revert back to old ue4 if I combine the downloaded zip folder content with the ue4 engine folder? or backing up the base lightmass ini is sufficient.

                  Thanks for making this. I intend to try this out asap.
                  https://www.artstation.com/melviso
                  https://www.behance.net/melvisuzokf304

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by rafareis123 View Post
                    Rendered this entire apartment in 8 hours with a Quadro P6000 with 2k/4k lightmaps.
                    Nice.. Looks like an offline renderer.
                    https://www.artstation.com/melviso
                    https://www.behance.net/melvisuzokf304

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Melvixz View Post
                      Hi,
                      Kindly forgive my question if it's noobish.
                      I believe this would be beneficial for those of us who aren't very technical with ue4.
                      Can I revert back to old ue4 if I combine the downloaded zip folder content with the ue4 engine folder? or backing up the base lightmass ini is sufficient.

                      Thanks for making this. I intend to try this out asap.
                      ...make a backup copy of the files or the folder(s) it's making changes in... if you open the zip you'll see what files it will copy...

                      Comment


                        Good stuff Loushuang! Keep it up!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Makigirl View Post

                          ...make a backup copy of the files or the folder(s) it's making changes in... if you open the zip you'll see what files it will copy...
                          Thanks, Makigirl

                          Last edited by Melvixz; 04-26-2018, 12:43 PM.
                          https://www.artstation.com/melviso
                          https://www.behance.net/melvisuzokf304

                          Comment


                            So I just installed this into the engine, how do I know if it is working or not?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                              So I just installed this into the engine, how do I know if it is working or not?
                              When you bake lighting for a level, the GPU Lightmass program window will start if everything is working as it should, and you will see progress in that window as well as the Swarm Agent window.
                              http://www.pixelpirates.se/
                              Architectural and product visualisations

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Frepp73 View Post

                                When you bake lighting for a level, the GPU Lightmass program window will start if everything is working as it should, and you will see progress in that window as well as the Swarm Agent window.
                                so the normal baking windiw will start just like stock UE4

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X