Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxbrown View Post
    motorsep I need the LODs because the objective is to view the viz on Quest.

Not to drag this any further but I still fail to see why LODs would go wrong;
    GPUlightmass is just another way to calculate the lightmaps. Unreal only calculates them for LOD0 as far as I know (tested this a while ago).
    If manually created LODs have their lightmap UVs in exactly the same layout/position as LOD0, they would just re-use the same lightmap solution.
    If artifacts are visible, I expect the uvs of the manually created LODs are not perfectly matching the internal layout of the LOD0 uvs.

Due to the LOD bug currently in 4.24 you can't test it now but when 4.24.2 is here, you could test the LOD + GPUlightmass by just importing one of the meshes and have UE auto-create a few LODs. Run GPUlightmass and no artifacts should be visible.
    i try in 4.23 , it is correct lod!
    Tcimage3d Studio
    Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
    Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
    Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

Comment

tc22 You're right, in 4.23 LODs and lightmap channels work fine. For now you could; import your mesh to 4.23 -> generate lods in 4.23 -> migrate to 4.24.
      Lets hope they will release 4.24.2 soon.

Comment

UE4.24.1 GPU LM vs CPU LM

Click image for larger version  Name:	lightmass.JPG Views:	0 Size:	91.7 KB ID:	1712541

levels r identical and all parameters same. just skylight and 1 rectlight.

Compare : https://imgsli.com/MTEzMDA

With GPU lm there r no bounced from rect/spot/point light.

Last edited by Nocturness; 01-24-2020, 05:51 AM.
        Amberify Asset Pack | UE4.18 / 4.24
        Neonfiy Asset Pack | UE4.18 / 4.24
        Kinetica Asset Pack | UE4.23 / 4.24

Comment

Question, do you guys know if its possible to bake "raytrace" shadows using gpu at all? I have a directional light test and set to stationary, but after trying lighting bake the shadow softness goes sharper and not soft as intented with a high softness value and raytrace shadows. Thanks.

Comment

Has anyone struggled with combo of GPU lightmass + Virtual Texturing for lightmaps? I've tried it in small interior+a bit of exterior and was getting warnings that VT couldn't allocate from pool, while lightning was incorrect - full of artifacts/blacks. I'm guessing it's a memory issue, but I'm still a bit skeptic about it - none of textures were converted to VT, so only VT lightmap is faulty there/using any resources, plus scene is really small in terms of meshes, GPU has 8GB VRAM and there's 32GB RAM too. Could be that GPU baker and VT lightmap are somehow crashing in VRAM territory?

Comment

Can I use it in 4.24.1?

Comment

GPU Lightmass 4.24.2

Binaries download

Source code

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post
                  GPU Lightmass 4.24.2

Binaries download

Source code
                  It is working! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post
                    GPU Lightmass 4.24.2

Binaries download

Source code
                    Is it recommended to update? Using the previous version (4.24) in 4.24.2 and it seems fine.

Originally posted by tonpix View Post
                    Has anyone struggled with combo of GPU lightmass + Virtual Texturing for lightmaps? I've tried it in small interior+a bit of exterior and was getting warnings that VT couldn't allocate from pool, while lightning was incorrect - full of artifacts/blacks. I'm guessing it's a memory issue, but I'm still a bit skeptic about it - none of textures were converted to VT, so only VT lightmap is faulty there/using any resources, plus scene is really small in terms of meshes, GPU has 8GB VRAM and there's 32GB RAM too. Could be that GPU baker and VT lightmap are somehow crashing in VRAM territory?

Currently running a project using VTs for lightmaps and GPU lightmass, everything appears to work fine. What engine version are you using?

Click image for larger version

Name:	VTGPULightmass.PNG
Views:	1561
Size:	560.6 KB
ID:	1714599

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman123 View Post
                      Is it recommended to update? Using the previous version (4.24) in 4.24.2 and it seems fine.
                      I'd advise against overwriting a newer version of the engine/editor with older versions of GPU Lightmass. If you look at the binary bundle, you'll see that one of the modified files is UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll. By overwriting this file, aside from risking potential instability, you're also missing out on whatever fixes and improvements the new engine version / hotfix brings, that are part of this particular module.

Comment

This is from another planet!!

I run it with 4.19 on my private ArchViz VR project. Before I was fighting with light bleeds, splotchy shadows, lightmap seams ... bake times >3 hours...
                        NOW... ~8-10 minutes bake time!
                        And no more light bleeds, no more splotchy shadows everything (mostly) is fine!!

This should be a build-in!! Hope Epic will buy it!

Thanks sooo much for this!! Unbelievable!!

Comment

Hi guys! here show a scene with gpulightmass + HDRBackdrop, thanks !!.

Comment

GPULightmass is awesome! :-D Its just sad, that the skylight cant be stationary... is there any possible workaround? Maybe a second skylight set to movable for the dynamic foliage? Any Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by NiukNiuk View Post

Open Windows' task mangager, go to the "performance" tab, select your gpu then on the right select one of the small windows and choose "cuda" in the dropdown menu (little arrow)
                              I've checked just now, and it just isn't there, so is it a certainty I don't need cuda SDK for this to show up ? Latest nvidia driver for GTX 950 2gb.

Thx
                              Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                              https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Originally posted by neighborlee View Post

I've checked just now, and it just isn't there, so is it a certainty I don't need cuda SDK for this to show up ? Latest nvidia driver for GTX 950 2gb.

Thx
                                I didn't install cuda sdk, I only have the latest driver installed (I have a gtx 1070 8gb).
                                I don't know, maybe it doesn't work on gtx 9xx cards :/

Comment

Working...
                                X