No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just downloaded and installed - thank you so much!

Unfortunately, I was not able to find a tutorial that would explain how I can control the quality of the lightmass?
    Is there any guide how to do that?

One more question:
    Can I actually use Ray Tracing for the GI, Reflections, AO and Translucency while using the GPU-Lightmass bake?

Thank you so much - this is fantastic!

Comment

How to install it?

Can't find any tutorial or guide that shows how I have to install it?
      Thx for any little help!

Comment

Originally posted by remozseo View Post
        How to install it?

Thx for any little help!
        From page105 it seems the answer is:
        " The safest way to revert back to the standard CPU Lightmass is to open the Epic Games Launcher and click on the Verify button under the engine version.
        ""

Best
        Last edited by neighborlee; 01-14-2020, 03:09 PM.
        Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
        https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Last night I tried baking lighting over my mesh terrain ( ~10km^2 ) with GPU Lightmass - failed miserably UE4 froze at 8%, but Swarm ran all the way through and completed whatever it was doing. I am on i7-7700, 32Gb of RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6Gb. What would be the reason for the failure ? Did I run out of VRAM?

My terrain is modular, so I am thinking of putting chunks into different streaming levels, each containing its own Lightmass Importance Volume and baking it one level at a time. If that fails, I'd have to go back to CPU Lightmass just for this terrain level (I baked huge outdoor levels with CPU Lightmass in the past - took a long time, but ultimately did the job without failing).

What do you think folks ?

Comment

Originally posted by BernhardRieder View Post
            Just downloaded and installed - thank you so much!

Unfortunately, I was not able to find a tutorial that would explain how I can control the quality of the lightmass?
            Is there any guide how to do that?

One more question:
            Can I actually use Ray Tracing for the GI, Reflections, AO and Translucency while using the GPU-Lightmass bake?

Thank you so much - this is fantastic!
            Yes you can use Ray Tracing, since it´s just a postprocess effect!

Comment

Originally posted by vikivega2020 View Post

Hi Any update on this working in AMD Cards? Can we expect a release soon?
              Is there any way to make it work on AMD cards?

Comment

I'm having the same problem as someone else
                Originally posted by neighborlee View Post
                Yes, and I see nearly NO GPU use, MAX so far I've seen is 5%>GTX 9502gb, yes I know I need to upgrade but my i5-3570 is hanging.
                I also can't FIND the 'uninstall' location to get rid of it,,again, anyone know where it is/how to manually do it if need be ?

Thx
                I'm having the same problem, around 5% GPU usage with 4.24.1. Worked well before. Any fix for this?

Comment

Just a recent experiment. I have compiled UE4.24 from original 4.24 source (with all last fixes)
                  I've replaced file provided here, the binaries ones and GPU lightmass is working well
                  The only things is that the gpulightmass windows doesn't appears when building lights but it's not a problem for me, you can follow the swarm agent and the GPU (cuda) usage in taskmanager.

Thanks to all for your hard work to provide this GPU lightmass

Comment

Metathesus , trouble is I don't have 'cuda' anywhere, not even under ' 3D', anyone know why ? I have latest nvidia and I don't recall seeing anywhere I needed to download cuda sdk as I have no intention to DEV with it,,or Do I need to to have CUDA show up ? If so, I guess that would explain my lowly 5% max usage of GPU , maybe.
                    Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                    https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Seeing a lot of people talk about editing this setting in the lightmass.ini file to remove firelfies in my scene, but i can't find it anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

FireflyClampingThreshold=10.0 ----> FireflyClampingThreshold=1.0

Comment

Originally posted by remozseo View Post
                        How to install it?

Thx for any little help!

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post
                        GPU Lightmass 4.24.1

Binaries download

Source code

I used this that Pax Invictus made. Readme on how to install is in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdcoll View Post
                          Seeing a lot of people talk about editing this setting in the lightmass.ini file to remove firelfies in my scene, but i can't find it anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

FireflyClampingThreshold=10.0 ----> FireflyClampingThreshold=1.0
                          It specifies the value at which to disregard rays. Having it set to 10 will mean any values above 10 units in brightness will be clamped down. It helps with the occasional times you get stray rays causing extremely bright points of light where they shouldn't, though this rarely occurs. You should rarely be set this low. If you're using physically correct lighting values (up to 100k lux) the clamping threshold should be set somewhere above that: "FireflyClampingThreshold=200000"

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman123 View Post

It specifies the value at which to disregard rays. Having it set to 10 will mean any values above 10 units in brightness will be clamped down. It helps with the occasional times you get stray rays causing extremely bright points of light where they shouldn't, though this rarely occurs. You should rarely be set this low. If you're using physically correct lighting values (up to 100k lux) the clamping threshold should be set somewhere above that: "FireflyClampingThreshold=200000"
                            Great thanks,

Where abouts do i find the value to change it, i can't find it in the editor, nor can i see it in the normal baselightmass.ini file

Comment

Originally posted by neighborlee View Post
                              Metathesus , trouble is I don't have 'cuda' anywhere, not even under ' 3D', anyone know why ? I have latest nvidia and I don't recall seeing anywhere I needed to download cuda sdk as I have no intention to DEV with it,,or Do I need to to have CUDA show up ? If so, I guess that would explain my lowly 5% max usage of GPU , maybe.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Sans-titre1.jpg
Views:	2362
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	1711025
                              In task manager, You can select Cuda in one of the four graphs...

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman123 View Post

Thanks for the response, thats actually useful to know.

I only ask as i'm trying to solve this. I literally only have a skylight in the scene, intensity set to 1 but i'm getting terrible results even on production settings

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1594
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	1711041

Comment

Working...
                                X