No announcement yet.

Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working like a charm on 4.24 , GPU Lightmass from Luoshuang is probbaly the first thing i try to get working when migrating.
    LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders in 4.21/4.22/4.23 | Atmosphere Modelisation | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by MaximeDupart View Post
      Working like a charm on 4.24 , GPU Lightmass from Luoshuang is probbaly the first thing i try to get working when migrating.
      Are using also a script to switch between GPU and CPU ?
      can you publish addresses to dowload?

Comment

Originally posted by MSCreationANMore View Post
        Hi Luoshuang

Please i want a replay on this question ... i need to buy a PC around 1000 - 1200 $ maybe i can increase a little bit and my main render in UE4 is your GPU render and i have a very old pc "my last project cant handled it so i go for cloud server to finish it " so what type of (CPU - GPU with good amount of CUDA Cores - Ram's - MotherBoard) please i need a replay from you or from any one who understand about PC build .

thank you
        any one ???

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post

Thank you for the reminder! Pushed the latest version to the usual place.
          So, basically same .cpp files as for 4.23.x + latest commit with 4.24 adjustments ?

Comment

any one ???
            Hi MSCreationANMore ,

Firstofall, I wouldn't buy a PC based on an experimental/beta tool like GPU lightmass, even if it's is incredible, because they are working on an official DXR lightmass now. Anyway, probably it will take benefits from the same hardware components.

As fas as I know, for GPUL the most important thing is the GPU, so try to buy the more expensive you can (but the cheaper of its model: for example, the cheaper RTX 2070. Between the cheaper and the expensiver could be a lot of money difference, but a little performance difference). With a budget of 1200 you should be able to buy an i7 with a RTX 2070, I think. Or at least an i5. For the rest of components, you can buy the cheaper compatibles, but it's always recommended to find a little more expensive components. The rule (usually) is easy: the more expensive it is, the better it is.

Hope it helps,
            Regards!
            RTX RayTracing easy global settings tweaker

Advanced HDRi background tool + 64 HDR images

Comment

any one ???
              To add to already great reply here, I heavily suggest AMD AM4 unless you are an Intel guy specifically, as you get a much better deal imho ,on AMD at least prices I'm seeing on NewEgg.
              Similar prices between amd/intel ,but the HUGE difference on a 1 to 1 comparison, is AMD 6 cores and threads so tons better in lighting builds or anywhere else that applies. Material compilation maybe don't recall positively.

As always IF you can afford 128gb ram GET IT ) If you can swing it,you'll never regret it, tho it can be hard to find 16 or 32 gb only sticks given you positively want to maximize your motherboard so 64gb means 16gb sticks IF again you can afford it and conversely 128 ,depending how many ram slots you have may mean 32gb sticks but depending how much ram speed you want might me you can't maximize. YMMV but those are important things to consider. The rest is obvious, wifi ,Pcie4, usb 3.1 gen 2 , M2 blah, make a GOOD choice as funds allow to avoid regret later

OF NOTE, unreal dev I've seen post on answer website say, claim,that past 32 you have 'diminishing returns', don't recall precise reasons, but even if true and I assume it is, YOU DO want as much ram as you can afford, bc we all know how important multitasking is for a multitude of reasons.
              Last edited by neighborlee; 12-13-2019, 01:23 PM.
              Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
              https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Originally posted by neighborlee View Post

To add to already great reply here, I heavily suggest AMD AM4 unless you are an Intel guy specifically, as you get a much better deal imho ,on AMD at least prices I'm seeing on NewEgg.
                Similar prices between amd/intel ,but the HUGE difference on a 1 to 1 comparison, is AMD 6 cores and threads so tons better in lighting builds or anywhere else that applies. Material compilation maybe don't recall positively.

As always IF you can afford 128gb ram GET IT ) If you can swing it,you'll never regret it, tho it can be hard to find 16 or 32 gb only sticks given you positively want to maximize your motherboard so 64gb means 16gb sticks IF again you can afford it and conversely 128 ,depending how many ram slots you have may mean 32gb sticks but depending how much ram speed you want might me you can't maximize. YMMV but those are important things to consider. The rest is obvious, wifi ,Pcie4, usb 3.1 gen 2 , M2 blah, make a GOOD choice as funds allow to avoid regret later

OF NOTE, unreal dev I've seen post on answer website say, claim,that past 32 you have 'diminishing returns', something due to lacking funds here, I can't attest to, but even if true and I assume it is, YOU DO want as much ram as you can afford, bc we all know how important multitasking is for a multitude of reasons.
                Oh, yes! Sorry for missing AMD option. In fact I'm going to buy a PC too and it will mount an AMD cpu. What I was thinking when only talking about Intel? AMD currently offers much more performance for the same price, so go for it.

And I agree about the RAM too as neighborlee . At very least, 16gb. But to work with GPUL remember that the GPU is the most important part of your PC. You could think about a Ryzen 3700x, RTX 2070, 32gb RAM.
                RTX RayTracing easy global settings tweaker

Advanced HDRi background tool + 64 HDR images

Comment

Solid, ya you can't go wrong with that setup just make sure ,again depending on your budget to get what you need motherboard wise, that's huge, and if you need a new case, verify that too has specs you need to compliment your motherboard.

If you're handy, do as I've done and put together via components. Haven't read entire thread , but its fun and you save money and often get better parts because you choose exactly what parts want and you can if desirable choose your own case ) Lots of options, in the end enjoy picking your new PC
                  Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                  https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Hi all

Can i ask little help with finetuning GPULM.

UE 4.23.1
                    Lightmass set to 2048
                    LM settings on Ultra 128/32/1000
                    World settings:
                    Diffuse boost 1.2

I receive some gradients in lightmap. Is this unresolved issue by GPULM(denoise) or i can adjust some settings to remove these?
                    Apartment walls are in one mesh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Marginaal-20191214-150014.jpg
Views:	839
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	1698363

Comment

Anyone know how to get the lightmass configuration/installer batch script working with 4.24 , or how can I replicate manually turning up/down the quality?

I've got it installed fine but no idea how to adjust quality and in what increments. (I used to just use the batch script to change quality)

Comment

Originally posted by Stuudio Diviis View Post
                        Hi all

Can i ask little help with finetuning GPULM.

UE 4.23.1
                        Lightmass set to 2048
                        LM settings on Ultra 128/32/1000
                        World settings:
                        Diffuse boost 1.2

I receive some gradients in lightmap. Is this unresolved issue by GPULM(denoise) or i can adjust some settings to remove these?
                        Apartment walls are in one mesh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Marginaal-20191214-150014.jpg
Views:	839
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	1698363
                        This looks like lightmap compression. Try to turn off "Compress Lightmaps" in World Settings and you should get clean result, but remember you usually don't want to turn off compression for runtime projects like VR, games or whatever when you are "Playing" it. It's memory heavy and can couse some problems with optimization and texture streaming if it's bigger scene. For taking screenshots or video it's OK.

Originally posted by The Walking AFK View Post
                        Anyone know how to get the lightmass configuration/installer batch script working with 4.24 , or how can I replicate manually turning up/down the quality?

I've got it installed fine but no idea how to adjust quality and in what increments. (I used to just use the batch script to change quality)
                        Go to the folder where is your UE4 installed and open "Engine/Config/BaseLightmass.ini". At the bottom you will find "DevOptions.GPULightmass" section and set desired NumPrimary and NumSecondary GI Samples. 32/16 is Medium Quality, 64/16 Ultra High, 128/32 Extreme.

-----

pax invictus Thanks for updating to 4.24... You are the king

Comment

Originally posted by Tomas_TDFM View Post
                          Go to the folder where is your UE4 installed and open "Engine/Config/BaseLightmass.ini". At the bottom you will find "DevOptions.GPULightmass" section and set desired NumPrimary and NumSecondary GI Samples. 32/16 is Medium Quality, 64/16 Ultra High, 128/32 Extreme.
                          Thanks! Have you found a good setting to set FireflyClampingThreshold? I've found it hard to get strong sunlight from an HDRI without getting fireflies. 128/32/10,000 seems to work fine, but could be cleaner.

pax invictus Thank you for the updates!

Comment

is this working on the latest 4.24? because it's not working on me the .dat file said 4.23 is not installed and registry not set. someone can enlighten me on how to migrate this to version 4.24? thank you, I am using RTX 2070 super.

Comment

Originally posted by pax invictus View Post

GPU Lightmass for UE 4.24.0

Binaries for older version of UE4 can still be found here.
                              My first time downloading GPU Lightmass. Do I need something other than this zip file which contains "Engine" directory updates? Because I get an error when trying to light build now. What am I missing?
                              Eldridge Felder

Animation/Visualization Manager
                              WorthGroup Architects

Comment

Do I need the github version for this to work or will it work by copying over files from the Epic Launcher 4.24.0 downloaded version?
                                Eldridge Felder

Animation/Visualization Manager
                                WorthGroup Architects

Comment

Working...
                                X