Comment

Originally posted by studiobeyaz View Post
      could you help me for 4.24 gpu lightmass?i cant find it
      It's not available yet.
      Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
      Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by Sumsion3D View Post
        Is there a way to loosely estimate how much GPU RAM will be consumed based upon the settings used?
        Code:
        [DevOptions.GPULightmass]
        NumPrimaryGISamples=128
        NumSecondaryGISamples=64
        FireflyClampingThreshold=10000.0
        ... got up to "Importing suface cache 448/4397" ... barely more than 10% of that stage and it ran out of GPU RAM .... which is 8GB on-card, and +8GB shared from Sys RAM ... so even +/-16GB wasn't enough (this suggests that a dual Quadro RTX 8000 wouldn't be enough GPU RAM -- assuming Swarm could pool mem across NVLINK) ... is it a simple linear'esque estimation ... so if I half the GI Samples, I would consume about 1/2 the mem? ... or is it more exotic than that?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation-20191113-231238@0.5x.jpg
Views:	1301
Size:	542.0 KB
ID:	1686864
        ... bumping for help ...

Comment

Being that this is reliant on the GPU, and the typical archviz level already has a bunch of assets resident in GPU memory, is it possible to build lighting without loading the level, or at least unloading the level and its assets before the build occurs?
          George Rolfe.
          Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by duke22 View Post
            Being that this is reliant on the GPU, and the typical archviz level already has a bunch of assets resident in GPU memory, is it possible to build lighting without loading the level, or at least unloading the level and its assets before the build occurs?
            as stated by the OP:

You can use command line to launch the editor and bake lighting to save GPU resources for GPULightmass, especially video memory.
            • Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-Cmd.exe "path\to\your\project\yourproject.uproject" -run=resavepackages -buildlighting -allowcommandletrendering -map=/Game/Maps/MyMap.umap
            • Remember to replace Content with Game in the umap path
            Technology Officer
            Magma3D

Comment

Lightmass Configurator updated for Unreal Engine 4.23 and 4.23.1
              Technology Officer
              Magma3D

Comment

Originally posted by Situx View Post

as stated by the OP:

You can use command line to launch the editor and bake lighting to save GPU resources for GPULightmass, especially video memory.
                • Engine/Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor-Cmd.exe "path\to\your\project\yourproject.uproject" -run=resavepackages -buildlighting -allowcommandletrendering -map=/Game/Maps/MyMap.umap
                • Remember to replace Content with Game in the umap path
                But that doesn't work for levels with sublevels. It builds but doesn't save the sublevels.
                Freelancer Game Dev Generalist and Unreal Consultant | Portfolio
                Unreal products: Dynamic Picture Frames, Neo Kinect

Comment

Originally posted by RVillani View Post

But that doesn't work for levels with sublevels. It builds but doesn't save the sublevels.
                  Did you set your levels visible, set to lighting scenarios, and blueprint only when saving and closing the project. I have at least two light streaming levels on mine, day and night, and they seem to build just fine.
                  Technology Officer
                  Magma3D

Comment

Where can I find the 2.23 lightmass version to download?
                    Eldridge Felder

Animation/Visualization Manager
                    WorthGroup Architects

Comment

Originally posted by Teriander View Post

Where can I find the 2.23 lightmass version to download?
                      Link is a few pages back, no more than 3.. have you looked there yet?

I suggest starting with the OP, and you'll find a link to the installer script.
                      Technology Officer
                      Magma3D

Comment

tks Situx !!!

Comment

please support out of core technology

Comment

hello guys can any one please put a link for 4.23.1 the drop box link is not working ,, how to install it please?

Comment

Hi all , my GPU utilisation is quite low averaging around 8%. Is this normal ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	fdsafdsafdasaa.png
Views:	418
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	1691598

And thanks for the awesome tool, been getting some good results so far.

Comment

Originally posted by The Walking AFK View Post
                                Hi all , my GPU utilisation is quite low averaging around 8%. Is this normal ?

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"fdsafdsafdasaa.png","data-attachmentid":1691598}

And thanks for the awesome tool, been getting some good results so far.
                                Open Windows' task mangager, go to the "performance" tab, select your gpu then on the right select one of the small windows and choose "cuda" in the dropdown menu (little arrow)

Comment

Working...
                                X