Phantom Lighting Colors in Baked Lighting but not in Live Views

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom Lighting Colors in Baked Lighting but not in Live Views

Hello everyone. I am currently perplexed by a lighting error that I am getting in 4.18.3. (This isn't hard as I'm new to Unreal.) For some reason, I keep getting odd colors on some actors whenever I use the baked lighting. More troubling is that the colors have persisted even though I have radically changed the lighting and rebaked dozens of times. I even went down the route of Forcing No Precomputed Lighting to clear any existing lightmaps, and rebuilding. Same issue. The image with the Orangish stalagmite and green blotched rocks is the backed version. The second shows what it looks like when forcing no precompute lighting. (This is correct visually.) Any ideas? Could my errored lightmaps be propagating even though they have been "deleted"? All of my lights are static and I have verified that there are no lights affecting these rocks outside the ones I expect to. thanks!

Your lighting looks strange to me but I would say it's a lightmap issue because you have the same rock 3 times with the same shaped error...

Comment

Makigirl Any ideas on how I can wipe it out? Not sure how to edit lightmaps manually.

Comment

Could you show us the uv channel that Unreal is using for lightmap please? ...you can check tho other uv channels too: if you're lucky you'll have one that Unreal can generate a lightmap from! ..if not you'll have to do it manually! :S
        But I might be wrong too and this is not the case!

Comment

Thanks, Makigirl. It was a UV problem. For some reason my brain wouldn't go down that road because the texturing looked correct. Thanks for the tip. Now I'm off to regenerate UVs.

Comment

No worries! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X