Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relations between parameters of the physically based Material and BRDF model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by AireSpringfield View Post
    The basic Material has four parameters: BaseColor, Metallic, Roughness, Cavity.
    Nope, no cavity, it is specular.

I guess BaseColor is referred as cdiff .
    BaseColor is an artistic control parameter. It is not the same, as cdiff you see in the formulas. BaseColor becomes cdiff only when adjusted by metalness.

But how Metallic and Cavity is implemented in details? And if you know the exact involved codes in the source of the Engine, please tell me. Thanks!
    You can take a look at shader files yourself. BasePassPixelShader would be a good place to start.
    Last edited by Deathrey; 01-22-2018, 03:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Relations between parameters of the physically based Material and BRDF model?

Hey guys, I'm currently studying UE4's physically based shading system described in the Real Shading in Unreal Engine.

The basic Material has four parameters: BaseColor, Metallic, Roughness, Cavity.

Here are their shading models (BRDF used) (sorry for the quality of the image):

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1416677
    Click image for larger version

Name:	02.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	1416678
    It is pointed out how Roughness is used and I guess BaseColor is referred as cdiff . But how Metallic and Cavity is implemented in details? And if you know the exact involved codes in the source of the Engine, please tell me. Thanks!

Working...
X